1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bob Costas takes a strong stance on Brett Favre !!!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by WinnipegPackFan, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Kind of like how Hitler was able to say Blonde Hair and Blue Eyes were the superior when he had brown hair and brown eyes.

;)

2. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

What do you disagree with Zero?

3. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I didn't even read it bro lol ... you and bruce I jus kind of gave up trying to 'get'. You each have good points now and then, but it seems when the masses don't agree you dig deep and find something to pursuade others for your own opinion which you claim as fact.

4. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Actually I appreciate you lumping mein with Bruce as I consider him a very knowledgeable fan.

As far as "the masses" go, I believe you have me mixed up with someone else. I don't even reognize "the masses". My opinions aren't changed by what other people think and to be honest with you that was a very poor attempt at dodging the question.

If you did not read it why would you respond to a post that was directly related to my post?

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Bruce is very knowledgeable which makes it easy for him to brainwash people who read his stuff.

I responded because thats what you guys remind me of. Which is guys who can say something thats not true but get people to believe it.

Dodging a question? Wasn't aware I did. You asked what I disagreed with and I told you I didn't read it. So, how could there be anything else?

6. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :-? Zero are you saying the other posters don't have a mind of their own. If I'm as passionate about something as I am the Pack, I surely won't have opinions changed by another poster. I just appreciate Pyle's post cause he's the one who made it comfortable to state my own views even when others argue them. I feel sorry for someone who has their views decided by others cause it robs them of the best part about being a football fan. :D

7. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That HE didn't make the point, Pyle.

People like to blame Brett Favre for TT's messes, it gives them a convenient scapegoat.

8. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks for reading between the lines man. You need to do this on here these days.

9. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great post Pyle,

Brett's on a team that's rebuilding, but he's supposed to somehow pull wins out of his *** like Superman when he's on a team that TT loaded with kryptonite.

It is the most nonsensical, ridiculous thing I've ever read.

No O-Line, 1 Receiver, and a question mark for a running game.

Yeah it's Brett's fault alright. :roll:

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Very good post.

I never said that nor did I imply it. That's way off base and honestly, I don't appreciate you even saying something like that in reference to me. Thats very offending considering I go FAR out of my way to show both sides of a debate if its not already been done. And in sometimes proving myself WRONG. (See Mike Wahle, Marco Rivera)

Having your opinion changed by a poster does not mean you are mindless. If it happens steadily, then maybe, or perhaps you have a busy life and can't follow as indepth as said poster. Being bullheaded beliving you are right over everyone and refusing to listen is pretty bullheaded. I can be that way at times. (See Mike Wahle, Marco Rivera)

I appreciate pyles postings as well. He is passionate about what he believes and doesnt let everyone sway his thoughts wrong or right.

I feel sorry for people who are closed minded and refuse to listen to others and soak up the information given. With that said, who do you trust?

I've learned to trust a few people here. I know what I can trust from Bruce, trom, pyle, Ryan and a few others depending on what they post and when. I also know where they tend to sway the perception in favor of their own for others to bite and agree. Of course I could be insanely wrong too as I do not know anyone in person here.

11. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Montana went to the playoffs with the Chiefs and the 49ers won the Super Bowl with Steve Young.

12. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I have answered many of your posts Obi1abee but you disappeared for a year when the Packers did not go 16-0 as you predicted.

Saying that the Packers would suck in 2005 (they did) and saying they will suck in 2006 (they do) is not agitating, it is an educated opinion from someone who has been following and even playing football since he was 5 years old. I have been a hell of lot closer in my Packer predictions than you have and without all of the fluff that you seem to prefer.
    Sorry if the reality is not in tune with your wishful view of all things Packers.

It seems that the only reason that you came back right now is to whine about me so who is the agitating troll?

13. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The more I see of this season, the more I think Bob might be right !!!

14. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Green Bay is moving on with the future obviously. No matter what guys like Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy say. Their building for the future. There isn't much they can do for Favre. They don't owe him anything. Reggie White left and played for Carolina for a year. Joe Montana went to KC. Dan Marino was very close to going to Minnesota for a year and sources close to him state he regrets it. If anything GB owes it to Favre and the Packers to move on and trade him. Give Favre a chance with a winner and move on and do what your trying to do. Some fans don't want to see that though and quite frankly I think it could happen next year.
    I agree. Mike McCarthy should've said that as well. Some say GB was thinking about going with a QB in the draft before they got a look at Rodgers. So maybe they wanted Favre for this year because they weren't confident in Rodger. Either way I agree, Green Bay should've told Favre we want to move on.

"Is he just helping TT's master plan?"

Losing is not something we're I'm happy with. I never used the excuse that we get a higher pick before period...

I rather see a rebuilding team win 7 or 8 wins than 2 or 3.

I never blamed Favre for the Bears loss. I thought the INT's meant pretty much nothing to the game. I blame the defense and the coaching more than Favre but Favre's play could've been better. I give a lot of credit to the Bears for coming in prepared and not overlooking the Packers.

Like stated just because your rebuilding doesn't mean you have to tank the season and get a high draft pick. Anybody who thinks to get a high draft picks should put their logic into retirement for good. If Favre can carry this team to 7 or 8 wins (which probably won't happen) not only will it make GB respectable but it'll give the younger guys experience and somewhat of a winning attitude. Going 4-12, 2 years in a row is not what I had in mind. I can live with it again this year but next year if this team isn't at least 500 then I'm with you on a change should be made from the front office to the coaching staff. Rome wasn't built in a day but you certainly aren't going to leave a mess sit there for 3 years in a row without cleaning it. Whether Ted Thompson has brought in a mess is yet to be seen.

15. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with everything you say Porky except the fact that you again stated GB doesn't owe Favre anything. You stated TT and MM owe Brett nothing, and I say thats garbage.

They owe him the respect of being up front with him, which you agreed with in the next paragraph.

So YES they do owe Brett something. Just like they owe ol' 66, White, Starr, Lombardi and others the respect for playing/coaching thier heart out for this team.

TT wasn't straight with Brett, and FOR THAT, some fans are blaming Brett for Ted's failure. I do have a problem with that!

16. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    you like the movie 'Conspiracy Theory' Pyle?

17. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "Hey..

Just because I'm paranoid..It doesn't mean someone's not after me".

18. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok your saying they owe him respect and I understand that. I don't think you can blame Favre for the mistakes TT's made and vice versa as well.

19. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Bait Post!

Please post below where I said it was a "CONSPIRACY THEORY."

I will be waiting, if you can't then classily admit you were "baiting"

Thanks, I await your response

20. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I just assumed, with your 'out there' assumption and...conspiracy. go figure, right?

21. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Thank you for admitting it. Good day now

22. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    admitting that your assumption is similar to a conspiracy? no problem.

23. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pyle,

Anything that you say about TT on this forum is automatically considered to be a "conspiracy theory" by some here.

Don't ask me why, it just is.

24. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    By the way... the word "majikman" is actually Russian for "sissyboy" but you probally already knew that.

25. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

It's fine, as you can see by the posts before this I pretty much proved just that.