Bob Costas takes a strong stance on Brett Favre !!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
It's getting harder and harder to argue Pyle's points

Kind of like how ****** was able to say Blonde Hair and Blue Eyes were the superior when he had brown hair and brown eyes.

;)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

Kind of like how ****** was able to say Blonde Hair and Blue Eyes were the superior when he had brown hair and brown eyes.

;)

What do you disagree with Zero?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

;)

I didn't even read it bro lol ... you and bruce I jus kind of gave up trying to 'get'. You each have good points now and then, but it seems when the masses don't agree you dig deep and find something to pursuade others for your own opinion which you claim as fact.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

;)

I didn't even read it bro lol ... you and bruce I jus kind of gave up trying to 'get'. You each have good points now and then, but it seems when the masses don't agree you dig deep and find something to pursuade others for your own opinion which you claim as fact.

Actually I appreciate you lumping mein with Bruce as I consider him a very knowledgeable fan.

As far as "the masses" go, I believe you have me mixed up with someone else. I don't even reognize "the masses". My opinions aren't changed by what other people think and to be honest with you that was a very poor attempt at dodging the question.

If you did not read it why would you respond to a post that was directly related to my post?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Actually I appreciate you lumping mein with Bruce as I consider him a very knowledgeable fan.

As far as "the masses" go, I believe you have me mixed up with someone else. I don't even reognize "the masses". My opinions aren't changed by what other people think and to be honest with you that was a very poor attempt at dodging the question.

If you did not read it why would you respond to a post that was directly related to my post?

Bruce is very knowledgeable which makes it easy for him to brainwash people who read his stuff.

I responded because thats what you guys remind me of. Which is guys who can say something thats not true but get people to believe it.

Dodging a question? Wasn't aware I did. You asked what I disagreed with and I told you I didn't read it. So, how could there be anything else?

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:-? Zero are you saying the other posters don't have a mind of their own. If I'm as passionate about something as I am the Pack, I surely won't have opinions changed by another poster. I just appreciate Pyle's post cause he's the one who made it comfortable to state my own views even when others argue them. I feel sorry for someone who has their views decided by others cause it robs them of the best part about being a football fan. :D

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

;)

That HE didn't make the point, Pyle.

People like to blame Brett Favre for TT's messes, it gives them a convenient scapegoat.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
:-? Zero are you saying the other posters don't have a mind of their own. If I'm as passionate about something as I am the Pack, I surely won't have opinions changed by another poster. I just appreciate Pyle's post cause he's the one who made it comfortable to state my own views even when others argue them. I feel sorry for someone who has their views decided by others cause it robs them of the best part about being a football fan. :D

Thanks for reading between the lines man. You need to do this on here these days.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
steveGB said:
that was bs brett wanted to come back as a packer and brett doesnt owe the packers anything if anything packers owe him hes the one putting a**es on seats and getting people to pay to watch the match. the packers are a business and businesses are only out for one thing and thats money and brett has been racking that in for the packers for a long time now its time for green bay to give him some love and start spending the money he brought in on players to help him win games. thats just my opinion feel free to disagree.

GB owes Favre nothing. First off no player is bigger than the team. There are Players on a team that are legends, icons, etc and Favre is that but no player is bigger than an organization. Brett Favre won't be in the NFL forever but the Green Bay Packers will move on eventually without Favre and be the Green Bay Packers forever.

2nd Favre is getting paid around 10 mil to play for the Pack. GB has made sure Favre is well off and has treated Favre considerably well in terms of "owing" him something. So Favre and the Packers have both benefited from each other and rightfully so.

Edit: Both sides owe it to each other to move on. Green Bay needs to rebuild which they are doing and Favre does deserve to play for a contender which Green Bay is not. Costas didn't bash either or in this video and I completely agree with Costas on this. The overreactions towards Costas in this thread is ridiculous. (Not you steve but others)

To say GB doesn't owe Favre anything is silly. It's this kind of attitude that will destroy the Packers. Is Favre bigger than the Packers? Of course not.

These are 2 completely different things. Respecting a QB who has played his heart out every game, through injuries, through losing seasons, thick and thin is a must. Just like GB honors guys like White,Starr, Nitscke and others. Brett was a huge part in reviving this franchise. GB does owe him something. That something is a little respect. That goes for the organization and the fans. Brett has given to the community when he didn't have to.

Ted Thompson could have been up front with Brett and said "Listen, we are going to try to rebuild here" instead of stating they were going to try to win. Thats called respect which any player contemplating retirement is due.

What I don't understand is the people that complain about Favre throwing INT's are the same people on here that so eagerly state "TT is rebuilding" anytime anyone questions his moves. So if TT is rebuilding and Favre is due no respect than why complain that Brett is throwing INT's. Isn't he just helping "TT's master plan?" Why is it that "this team is rebuilding" is used as an excuse for everyone from TT to Spitz to Manual to Herron, but when it comes to Brett, it's just him "playing bad"?

What does it matter at this point? What does it matter if Brett throws 40 INT's a year? You say we are rebuilding so who cares? Just does not make any sense to me, sorry. If this team is NOT REBUILDING then criticize Brett fairly but be sure to not forget the surrounding cast. If you want touse "THIS TEAM IS REBUILDING" everytime this team puts on a 26-0 debacle then it's kind of unfair to blame Brett in the same sentence.

Great post Pyle,

Brett's on a team that's rebuilding, but he's supposed to somehow pull wins out of his *** like Superman when he's on a team that TT loaded with kryptonite.

It is the most nonsensical, ridiculous thing I've ever read.

No O-Line, 1 Receiver, and a question mark for a running game.

Yeah it's Brett's fault alright. :roll:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:

Very good post.

I never said that nor did I imply it. That's way off base and honestly, I don't appreciate you even saying something like that in reference to me. Thats very offending considering I go FAR out of my way to show both sides of a debate if its not already been done. And in sometimes proving myself WRONG. (See Mike Wahle, Marco Rivera)

Having your opinion changed by a poster does not mean you are mindless. If it happens steadily, then maybe, or perhaps you have a busy life and can't follow as indepth as said poster. Being bullheaded beliving you are right over everyone and refusing to listen is pretty bullheaded. I can be that way at times. (See Mike Wahle, Marco Rivera)

I appreciate pyles postings as well. He is passionate about what he believes and doesnt let everyone sway his thoughts wrong or right.

I feel sorry for people who are closed minded and refuse to listen to others and soak up the information given. With that said, who do you trust?

I've learned to trust a few people here. I know what I can trust from Bruce, trom, pyle, Ryan and a few others depending on what they post and when. I also know where they tend to sway the perception in favor of their own for others to bite and agree. Of course I could be insanely wrong too as I do not know anyone in person here.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Brett leaving Green Bay to play elsewhere is the worst of all thoughts. Brett Favre needs to retire a Packer. It would be an atrocity for Brett to every wear another teams uniform. Let's not do to Brett what San Francisco did to Montana.

Montana went to the playoffs with the Chiefs and the 49ers won the Super Bowl with Steve Young.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Buckeyepackfan said:
Realy Phil, why are you back here?
You are not saying anything that hasn't been discussed over and over again...Congratulatinons your Bears soundly defeated a Packer team that has been stripped of most of the players that kicked you guy's *** year after year...hope your happy...

Why bother talkng to a Bear troll? He won't answer you. His only purpose is to agitate.

It is the Philtrations of the web that wastes cyberspace and keeps boards like this agitated enough to get attention.

I have answered many of your posts Obi1abee but you disappeared for a year when the Packers did not go 16-0 as you predicted.

Saying that the Packers would suck in 2005 (they did) and saying they will suck in 2006 (they do) is not agitating, it is an educated opinion from someone who has been following and even playing football since he was 5 years old. I have been a hell of lot closer in my Packer predictions than you have and without all of the fluff that you seem to prefer.
Sorry if the reality is not in tune with your wishful view of all things Packers.

It seems that the only reason that you came back right now is to whine about me so who is the agitating troll?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
These are 2 completely different things. Respecting a QB who has played his heart out every game, through injuries, through losing seasons, thick and thin is a must. Just like GB honors guys like White,Starr, Nitscke and others. Brett was a huge part in reviving this franchise. GB does owe him something. That something is a little respect. That goes for the organization and the fans. Brett has given to the community when he didn't have to.

Green Bay is moving on with the future obviously. No matter what guys like Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy say. Their building for the future. There isn't much they can do for Favre. They don't owe him anything. Reggie White left and played for Carolina for a year. Joe Montana went to KC. Dan Marino was very close to going to Minnesota for a year and sources close to him state he regrets it. If anything GB owes it to Favre and the Packers to move on and trade him. Give Favre a chance with a winner and move on and do what your trying to do. Some fans don't want to see that though and quite frankly I think it could happen next year.
Ted Thompson could have been up front with Brett and said "Listen, we are going to try to rebuild here" instead of stating they were going to try to win. Thats called respect which any player contemplating retirement is due.

I agree. Mike McCarthy should've said that as well. Some say GB was thinking about going with a QB in the draft before they got a look at Rodgers. So maybe they wanted Favre for this year because they weren't confident in Rodger. Either way I agree, Green Bay should've told Favre we want to move on.

What I don't understand is the people that complain about Favre throwing INT's are the same people on here that so eagerly state "TT is rebuilding" anytime anyone questions his moves. So if TT is rebuilding and Favre is due no respect than why complain that Brett is throwing INT's. Isn't he just helping "TT's master plan?" Why is it that "this team is rebuilding" is used as an excuse for everyone from TT to Spitz to Manual to Herron, but when it comes to Brett, it's just him "playing bad"?

"Is he just helping TT's master plan?"

Losing is not something we're I'm happy with. I never used the excuse that we get a higher pick before period...

I rather see a rebuilding team win 7 or 8 wins than 2 or 3.

What does it matter at this point? What does it matter if Brett throws 40 INT's a year? You say we are rebuilding so who cares? Just does not make any sense to me, sorry. If this team is NOT REBUILDING then criticize Brett fairly but be sure to not forget the surrounding cast. If you want touse "THIS TEAM IS REBUILDING" everytime this team puts on a 26-0 debacle then it's kind of unfair to blame Brett in the same sentence.

I never blamed Favre for the Bears loss. I thought the INT's meant pretty much nothing to the game. I blame the defense and the coaching more than Favre but Favre's play could've been better. I give a lot of credit to the Bears for coming in prepared and not overlooking the Packers.

Like stated just because your rebuilding doesn't mean you have to tank the season and get a high draft pick. Anybody who thinks to get a high draft picks should put their logic into retirement for good. If Favre can carry this team to 7 or 8 wins (which probably won't happen) not only will it make GB respectable but it'll give the younger guys experience and somewhat of a winning attitude. Going 4-12, 2 years in a row is not what I had in mind. I can live with it again this year but next year if this team isn't at least 500 then I'm with you on a change should be made from the front office to the coaching staff. Rome wasn't built in a day but you certainly aren't going to leave a mess sit there for 3 years in a row without cleaning it. Whether Ted Thompson has brought in a mess is yet to be seen.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with everything you say Porky except the fact that you again stated GB doesn't owe Favre anything. You stated TT and MM owe Brett nothing, and I say thats garbage.

They owe him the respect of being up front with him, which you agreed with in the next paragraph.

So YES they do owe Brett something. Just like they owe ol' 66, White, Starr, Lombardi and others the respect for playing/coaching thier heart out for this team.

TT wasn't straight with Brett, and FOR THAT, some fans are blaming Brett for Ted's failure. I do have a problem with that!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I agree with everything you say Porky except the fact that you again stated GB doesn't owe Favre anything. You stated TT and MM owe Brett nothing, and I say thats garbage.

They owe him the respect of being up front with him, which you agreed with in the next paragraph.

So YES they do owe Brett something. Just like they owe ol' 66, White, Starr, Lombardi and others the respect for playing/coaching thier heart out for this team.

TT wasn't straight with Brett, and FOR THAT, some fans are blaming Brett for Ted's failure. I do have a problem with that!

Ok your saying they owe him respect and I understand that. I don't think you can blame Favre for the mistakes TT's made and vice versa as well.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
you like the movie 'Conspiracy Theory' Pyle?

Bait Post!

Please post below where I said it was a "CONSPIRACY THEORY."

I will be waiting, if you can't then classily admit you were "baiting"

Thanks, I await your response

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyle,

Anything that you say about TT on this forum is automatically considered to be a "conspiracy theory" by some here.

Don't ask me why, it just is.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Pyle,

Anything that you say about TT on this forum is automatically considered to be a "conspiracy theory" by some here.

By the way... the word "majikman" is actually Russian for "sissyboy" but you probally already knew that.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Pyle,

It's fine, as you can see by the posts before this I pretty much proved just that.

Members online

Latest posts