Bob Costas just said......

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was just watching the halftime show of tonite's game and Peter King was on talking about how McCarthy wants Brett to play another 1-2 years.

Bob Costas then made a remark "they must not have any confidence in their 1st round pick Rodgers."

What an idiot!

Your thoughts...

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, Costas is dead on. WHY would you want a Hall of Fame Quarterback to continue playing for your team? pfft.

[/sarcasm]

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, Costas is dead on. WHY would you want a Hall of Fame Quarterback to continue playing for your team? pfft.

[/sarcasm]

Agreed some inexpierenced quarterback over a Hall of Famer is the best way to go

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bob is still a believer in draft means everything. I suppose he thinks Ryan Leaf is a great player too. This game coming up is proof how draft doesn't always get things right - Brady vs Favre.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bob Costas is the film geek in high school that got beat up every day. Why they ask this guys opinion about anything is beyond me.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre For 5 MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre decides to play two more years what do we do with Rodgers? I think we have to be fair to him and trade him. A team like Oakland or Buffalo might be willing to part with a high pick or a stud for a formers first raound quarterback. Who knows?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre decides to play two more years what do we do with Rodgers? I think we have to be fair to him and trade him. A team like Oakland or Buffalo might be willing to part with a high pick or a stud for a formers first raound quarterback. Who knows?

Fair to Rodgers? He's making 6-7 figures a year holding a clipboard...that's plenty fair. If this guy is seriously anxious to get out there and replace a LEGEND then he's an idiot. He's better off for the moment going through MM's QB camps and honing his skills so he can limit his growing pains on the field.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/photos?photoId=1355119&gameId=261112016

The picture wont show up so scroll down on the link provided.

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre greets Minnesota Vikings mascot Ragnar, left, after the Packers' 23-17 win over the Minnesota Vikings in an NFL football game Sunday, Nov. 12, 2006, in Minneapolis. Ragnar, whose real name is Joe Juranitch, said Favre told him he might not see him next year and said said it's been fun. (AP Photo/Jim Mone)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
millertime said:

Fair to Rodgers? He's making 6-7 figures a year holding a clipboard...that's plenty fair. If this guy is seriously anxious to get out there and replace a LEGEND then he's an idiot. He's better off for the moment going through MM's QB camps and honing his skills so he can limit his growing pains on the field.

Green Bay is being fair to Rodgers by paying him the $$$. Rodgers time will come and Costas is just giving an opinion. I think what Costas doesn't know is how big Favre is in Green Bay. If you can have a choice of Favre and Rodgers and even if they were playing at the same level (for the sake of discussion) Favre would win that poll hands down. If Favre were to run for mayor of Green Bay he would probably win and probably take it in a landslide. He would even have a shot at Governor of Wisconsin. Favre is that huge in Wisconsin and even bigger in Northeast Wisconsin.

Costas has probably never been here or hasn't been here since the Super Bowl days. Without coming here you just can't possibly know how big Brett Favre is to Green Bay. He's right up there with Vince Lombardi and probably the most liked and respected player in this teams history.

So add all that with what might be the most important factor HOW HE IS PLAYING and Favre deserves to be welcomed back whether Rodgers is playing steady or not.

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it's hard to have confidence in a guy who has never played a single important down in the NFL.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand the concern people would have for Rodgers. They probably think that he will have a short career, but you must also consider that his body isn't getting beat up and if he is smart he will be hitting the gym and allowing his body to mature, then there are no excuses for when he finally does hit the big time.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, we might as well put that old timer out into the pastor, since he obviously has nothing left in the tank.
What a moron. Costas you are an IDIOT. I ave lost any respect for you as a journalist or an analyist.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enough of the crap already by people in the media.

There is no need to rush a young QB in especially when you have a teacher and HOF he is learning from.

Let's go back to Super Bowl SIX.

Did Rodger Staubach need to get on the field a year and a half after he graduated? Did he need the snaps? Did he even need to carry a clip board.

The answer is NO. He did his military service...

After graduating from the United States Naval Academy, Roger Staubach
fulfilled four years active duty and THEN embarked on an outstanding
pro-football career with the Dallas Cowboys, culminated by his selection
into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1985.

RP

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not worried about Cosats he's just the anchor not there to know anything. Would bother me a lot more if someone like Sterling said it. It's a bit sad though cause I love Brett and want him to play forever but I do hope Aaron gets a shot somewhere. If I was Aaron I would just be happy to make $ as long as possible and then when you get your chance you'll be a lot more prepared to stick around the league. Who knows if Leaf sat the first 3 years he may still be playing. Just look at Phillip Rivers and Aaron will be alright

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those who did not see the link PackerLegend provided:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre greets Minnesota Vikings mascot Ragnar, left, after the Packers' 23-17 win over the Minnesota Vikings in an NFL football game Sunday, Nov. 12, 2006, in Minneapolis. Ragnar, whose real name is Joe Juranitch, said Favre told him he might not see him next year and said said it's been fun. (AP Photo/Jim Mone)

So enjoy Brett while you still have him my Packer friends !!!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre can still play as well as he ever could. When he plays in control, he is as good now as he was in the superbowl years. What he doesn't have is the same talent around him. I do believe Rogers is going to be fine when it's his turn, but truthfully the kid hasn't been foreced to be the man. He's had a great opportunity to learn and I would assume that when it's his turn to take over the reigns he will be superb.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts