Blind side

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many people saw Julius Peppers just come completely untouched on the last play of the game? John Kuh catches alot of flack but man he came up huge and saved the season with his block on Peppers..he came all the way across the formation to pick up that block. I'm not a big Kuhn supporter because he makes so much money for a mainly special teams player and part time fullback but he earned his check on that block. Who in the world blew their assingment on that? That's inexcusable to have the Bears best defensive player come completely free on the last play of the game. Omg Kuhn saved us. Watching that play over and over and it gives me chills Rodgers made that throw rolling to his left to a wide open Cobb but it could have ended really bad for us. We got lucky whew.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Blocking call must been wrong???

Just looked at replay, and he no one was there to block Pepp

Who knows, maybe that was Kuhn's man to block and Kuhn was out of position to get him..

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blocking call must been wrong???

Just looked at replay, and he no one was there to block Pepp

Who knows, maybe that was Kuhn's man to block and Kuhn was out of position to get him..

Could be, but why would Kuhn make it harder on himself and start from the right side when he could have just started from the left? Something happened on that play because Bahk absolutely payed no attention to Peppers as if he thought Kuhn would be lined up behind him. That could've been disasterous.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one did, the Bears brought the house, 7 Defenders rushed Rodgers on that play. Kuhn made a Bee line to Peppers as soon as the ball was snapped which leads me to believe that it was by design. If Rodgers moves Kuhn to the left the Bears probably move Peppers further outside and no way Kuhn picks him up. The Oline's alignment seemed designed to seal off the middle and right side. It worked, 5 guys blocked 6 at the LoS and Kuhn caught Peppers completely by surprise.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you watch the replay, the cornerback opposite Cobb moved over to the tackle/guard gap just before the snap. According to a rehash of the play I read somewhere, that made the cornerback Bakhtiari's responsibility and Kuhn was responsible for Peppers. There's no way he could have moved to the left of Rodgers before the snap. Not enough time. It was just a heads up play by Kuhn, and still required some impressive agility by Rodgers to avoid Peppers.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one did, the Bears brought the house, 7 Defenders rushed Rodgers on that play. Kuhn made a Bee line to Peppers as soon as the ball was snapped which leads me to believe that it was by design. If Rodgers moves Kuhn to the left the Bears probably move Peppers further outside and no way Kuhn picks him up. The Oline's alignment seemed designed to seal off the middle and right side. It worked, 5 guys blocked 6 at the LoS and Kuhn caught Peppers completely by surprise.

I don't know about that one man. Kuhn had the oh ****!! look on his face when he saw Peppers come free. I would like to see MM, Kuhn, or Rodgers explain the protection on that last play.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about that one man. Kuhn had the oh ****!! look on his face when he saw Peppers come free. I would like to see MM, Kuhn, or Rodgers explain the protection on that last play.

Royal Pain had a better handle on the play than me. See his post it explains what happened better than I did.

Members online

Latest posts