Bleacher Report is reporting that Brandon Bostick has been released.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always worry about ex-players on offense giving away playbook secrets to their new organization. Thankfully Bostick can't remember anything in the playbook anyways..

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Glad this is done with. I give credit to Bostick for owning his mistake and showing true remorse and dignity in the way he went out.

Now please Packers...send Brad Jones away. I'd rather have 2 Bosticks than 1 Brad Jones

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't matter when they did it as long as it's done before draft time when you want the roster spot

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish him the best and hope he lands somehwere. I never understood the hate filled messages sent his way via social media. The guy made a mistake, he knows it, and he owned up to it. Wishing death on him is uncalled for, this is in fact a game.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best players on any team make scores of mistakes every year. Think Rodgers never blows a read or a throw? Think again. I appreciate the blood sweat and tears he gave up for GBP fans. Hope he finds success (except when he faces us).

WRECKER

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never held any ill will against the man, and it's unfair to lay all of the blame on his shoulders when it was a total team effort to lose that game. Wish him luck in his future.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish him the best and hope he lands somehwere. I never understood the hate filled messages sent his way via social media. The guy made a mistake, he knows it, and he owned up to it. Wishing death on him is uncalled for, this is in fact a game.
There are a lot of ****ing idiots in this world, that's why. He made a mistake, he stood up there and admitted as much. Meanwhile, scores of anonymous blowhards let him have it on social media.

I figured he was going to be released, simply because he never took over the starting TE position after he came back from injury early this year. You want to see those guys jump out in year 2 and he seemed to step back for whatever reason. He seems like a good man, I wish him luck.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Didn't mean him ill will, figured he is going to hate himself the rest of the day, and he owned up to it. Its not like he was running excuses off, I figured he'd be cut cause I didn't hear his name much. That and I know the two TE's are Quarless and Rodgers and well anything 3rd, 4th, 5th... may be deemed expendable. Packers need to improve on TE's thinking about it. Stoneburner didn't work out too well.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not disappointed with him for making a human mistake. He handled it like a man.

I'm disappointed that he never developed into anything resembling an asset at TE, given that they've been selling us for a long time that his athleticism and ability was second to none on the team for TE's.

This year was his shot to grab the starting TE role by the throat and he was nowhere even close to R Rodgers or even Quarless.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Losing the NFC Champsionship game was not Brandon Bostick's fault. I think he was released, because of his lack of production for two consecutive seasons. Just making room for a new rookie TE to develop.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Losing the championship game was not Bostick’s fault but his blunder was as clear an example of a “but for” as there was in the game. (As in “but for” his blunder they would have won.) IMO his release was mostly based upon his inability to learn the offense but I also think moving beyond the championship game meltdown played a part. Why keep a marginal player around who would be a daily reminder of that game? I also think it’s best for Bostick to get a fresh start.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you think if he would have made the recovery, or at least did his job he would still be with the Packers? I don't. The Packers are clearing the way for FA and the draft and Bostick didn't show he had improved enough to keep around. I wonder what did Kevin Dorsey do wrong in the NFCC game to warrant getting cut?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MMs office. 2 Weeks ago. 2 pm.

MM: Edger, please sit down.
Edger Bennett: Sure boss, what up?
MM: I am making some changes with the coaching staff. I want to promote you to OC.
EB: What? Thats great! I'm going to get some things done.
MM: What did you have in mind?
EB: Fire the OL coach and Bostick.
MM: Well, okay with Bostick, but I like Campen.
EB: We can do better. Let me hire my buddy Solari from SF.
MM: Okay, but hire him as an assistant and if we like him, next season Campen can seek new opportunities and SOlari can take over.
EB: Done.

D

Deleted member 6794

In a surprising move the Vikings have signed another Packers cast-off in Brandon Bostick.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
They love picking up our trash
Like Guion? No, wait..............

Fact is over the years it's been a two way street. Only the players the Vikings have picked up were for the most part better than the players the Packers picked up from the Vikings.

D

Deleted member 6794

Like Guion? No, wait..............

Since Thompson took over Guion is the only he has signed from the Vikings. On the other hand if you pick up Dorsey (I'm surprised no one in the Minnedota front office has realized he's been released) all of your starting WR/TE could be Packers cast-offs.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Since Thompson took over Guion is the only he has signed from the Vikings. On the other hand if you pick up Dorsey (I'm surprised no one in the Minnedota front office has realized he's been released) all of your starting WR/TE could be Packers cast-offs.
Koren Robinson, Conrad Bolston.

Members online

Latest posts