Blackmon injured

Reaction score
From the Chris Havel chat:

ch: Will Blackmon received more bad news Sunday. He has a rib injury that makes him doubtful for Sunday's game against New England. I think he would've had a chance to replace Patrick Dendy in the nickel and dime packages. Now it's back to Dendy and waiting to see when Blackmon heals. I will say this: Will Blackmon appears to be a very top-notch athlete, and a smart one, and it's my prediction that health issues aside he will be a starting cornerback in this league within two years.

Boy, this is not good news.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this 2006 year is just a very long orientation for blackmon it seems. he can use this time to get used to nfl speed, the playbook, his players, and he can work on his body as well.

Then NEXT year, he can contribute on special teams and hopefully play a big part in the defensive backfield.

Till then it looks like Dendy and Bush are gonna field most of the work behind Charles\Al, which is ok, we get to learn about those young guys.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
looks like he might be. that would suck. too much talent and potential to discard anytime soon though.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is very unfortunate especially at a position where we need the most help. When TT is drafting next year, I hope he doesn't count on either Underwood or Blackmon coming back. Some guys, talented or not, tend to be fragile and it's suicide to count on them. We need DBs next year and I'm sure TT knows it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is very unfortunate especially at a position where we need the most help. When TT is drafting next year, I hope he doesn't count on either Underwood or Blackmon coming back. Some guys, talented or not, tend to be fragile and it's suicide to count on them. We need DBs next year and I'm sure TT knows it.

I agree, and I think TT will take that approach. And im not taking that approach cuz I like TT, I am saying that cuz the LB situation speaks on that subject.

TT didnt BANK on Poppinga being healthy. He didn't get AJ Hawk and call it an offseason, he got Hodge, and he got Ben Taylor. Poppinga HAS stayed healthy, and after a rough start, the coaches kept after him and now hes coming into his own, making some big plays.

Lets hope next years CB situation mirrors this years LB situation.

Members online

Latest posts