1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Blackmon injured

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Nov 14, 2006.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From the Chris Havel chat:

Boy, this is not good news.

2. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    At least it's not his foot again.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    this 2006 year is just a very long orientation for blackmon it seems. he can use this time to get used to nfl speed, the playbook, his players, and he can work on his body as well.

Then NEXT year, he can contribute on special teams and hopefully play a big part in the defensive backfield.

Till then it looks like Dendy and Bush are gonna field most of the work behind Charles\Al, which is ok, we get to learn about those young guys.

4. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol I think he might be injuryprone

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    looks like he might be. that would suck. too much talent and potential to discard anytime soon though.

6. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is very unfortunate especially at a position where we need the most help. When TT is drafting next year, I hope he doesn't count on either Underwood or Blackmon coming back. Some guys, talented or not, tend to be fragile and it's suicide to count on them. We need DBs next year and I'm sure TT knows it.

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree, and I think TT will take that approach. And im not taking that approach cuz I like TT, I am saying that cuz the LB situation speaks on that subject.

TT didnt BANK on Poppinga being healthy. He didn't get AJ Hawk and call it an offseason, he got Hodge, and he got Ben Taylor. Poppinga HAS stayed healthy, and after a rough start, the coaches kept after him and now hes coming into his own, making some big plays.

Lets hope next years CB situation mirrors this years LB situation.

8. Packerbacker04

Packerbacker04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    never heard of him.