1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Black Friday

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Wolf Packer, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Wolf Packer

Wolf Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    Now, this is quite a new thing in the UK, possibly only the 3rd year its happened. And to be honest it was mayhem. Fights, Police called to stores, stores forced to close, injuries etc etc.

In the UK we're obviously just following a trend, thats been set by you American guys a few years ago. But I just don't understand it, especially seeing as it's just little under 24hrs after people are supposed to be showing their thanks for everything they already have, they then fight for a 50" TV a day later.

Makes no sense to me.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Oddly enough they say the best savings are actually several weeks before black friday.

The whole thing is nuts and to be avoided. I hate that something as terrible as black friday is creepin into other cultures

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    black friday has been around for ages..maybe the 60's

But the fighting and such didnt start until last 5 years?

4. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,069
    In Gemany Black Friday was introduced by Apple and a couple other US companies like Amazon, maybe 6 or 7 years ago?
    But I've never witnessed any fights in stores and as ivo610 wrote, you can get better or at least similiar savings at any other time during the year, no need to wait until Black Friday.

5. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +400
    Don't shop on black Friday