Black Eyed Peas Performing During Halftime

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Im glad when we finally make the Super Bowl the NFL finishes its im scared of another janet jackson incident.

Anyone else glad there will be more current music or do you like when the classic artists play?

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Black Eyed Peas are a great act... Their shows are great... I man cmon... The Who???

On a side note: *Best SB Halftime...Michael Jackson RIP*

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts on the halftime show:
I always end up watching more so out of curiosity than being a fan.
They are always rushed and it's a medley of biggest hits or known songs. It can never be a quality concert. It's like a brief open mic of a big name. So I can never really get into it.
They lip sync (And "They" being every act who takes the stage year after year) because the sound isn't good enough for them to do it live.

I really think they should go old school and have a marching band doing those cool formations that spell things out along with really awesome drum lines. That is something I could really get into.
When it's a rock act, I would appreciate them more in a 2+ hour concert where they could play a full song rather than just a sample.
(BTW: My dinner just happens to be Black I Ps! No joke.)

Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like black eyed peas :)
i hope they do this song
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqV7DB8Iwg&ob=av2el]YouTube - The Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get It Started[/ame]

Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead
Reaction score
here's my thoughts on the halftime show:
I always end up watching more so out of curiosity than being a fan.
They are always rushed and it's a medley of biggest hits or known songs. It can never be a quality concert. It's like a brief open mic of a big name. So i can never really get into it.
They lip sync (and "they" being every act who takes the stage year after year) because the sound isn't good enough for them to do it live.

I really think they should go old school and have a marching band doing those cool formations that spell things out along with really awesome drum lines. That is something i could really get into.
When it's a rock act, i would appreciate them more in a 2+ hour concert where they could play a full song rather than just a sample.
(btw: My dinner just happens to be black i ps! No joke.)

marching bands rock!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would make more sense even though I'm not into today's more modern country which, to me, sounds too much like pop.
I agree on the modern country. I would let the guys who did the anthem at the Falcons game play. They aren't true country, but they also don't come off as nashville pop.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I, for one, am ecstatic. This is, as Wood Chipper pointed out, the NFL's first Halftime show that is stepping back into pop music post-Janet boobanza. I'm not a huge fan of the Pea's latest album, but I've grown up loving their earlier albums and I'm sure they'll put on a good show.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully there are no bodily malfunctions. Let us not forget the Fergiemonster's shall we say "accident" while a member of wild orchid back in the 90's. I think that is grounds enough to keep her off of the stage where her attempt at rapping will not send droves of people for the mute button.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i gotta feeling WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO that tonights gonna be a good night!

that song always gets stuck in my head when i hear it, and its probably the only song by them that will ever be stuck in my head...

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This halftime show will suck ***.

This is FOOTBALL for cripes sakes! Keep the pop BS away! Football is about aggression and raw power. Give me Judas Priest or Iron Maiden. Maybe Tool.

:band:

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
The Super Bowl is really about everything BUT the game (for the majority, at least) so it will always be about getting the group that's attractive to the masses. BEP is recognizable to all young viewers and I'd say anyone under the age of 55.

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If their performance is anything like their Halftime Performance at the 2005 Grey Cup game AKA "The Day My Ears Started Bleeding and They Haven't Stopped Yet", then i'll be changing the channel.

I hope that lip sync technology has improved since then, because if they're forced to actually SING their songs themselves?... pack some ear plugs...

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Super Bowl is really about everything BUT the game (for the majority, at least) so it will always be about getting the group that's attractive to the masses. BEP is recognizable to all young viewers and I'd say anyone under the age of 55.

Anyone under the age of 55??? I think not. I'm 38 and I wouldn't recognize them if I ran into them. I simply don't listen to that crap and I know I'm not the only one.

Members online

Latest posts