BJ Sander

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In an article over at jsonline, BJ states that he trailed off last year because his time in NFL Europe, back to back with the regular season left him spent....he ran out of gas. BJ....exactly what type of p@ssy are you....you are a punter...run out of gas????

Give me a break! He should be cut for these words alone:

Sander, who had spent the 2005 off-season kicking in NFL Europe, blamed his slide on fatigue.

"I just ran out of gas," he said. "It came down to when I came in here on Wednesday's, I was still feeling the effects of the game. And I started kicking again and you don't get back to 100%. And that's the biggest thing that happened to me last year.

"Plus, when it starts getting cold, the ball doesn't travel that far anyway. So when your leg doesn't feel great, that's not a great situation."

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cut him a break digs. I know how he feels. One time I posted 68 times in one day. The next day it was all I could do to drag myself to the keyboard to defend truth, justice and the American way. But I sucked it up and did it. My figers were sore and my brain was fried but sometimes you just gotta be a trooper.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Cut him a break digs. I know how he feels. One time I posted 68 times in one day. The next day it was all I could do to drag myself to the keyboard to defend truth, justice and the American way. But I sucked it up and did it. My figers were sore and my brain was fried but sometimes you just gotta be a trooper.
He got his break. Sherman traded up in the third round to draft his pathetic ***. Blast away digs.

Your response was pretty good though De.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
DePack said:
He got his break. Sherman traded up in the third round to draft his pathetic ***. Blast away digs.

Your response was pretty good though De.

Thanks.....keep blasting away at Sherman. Better yet how about Forrest Gregg or Ray Rhodes. Living in the past is fun ain't it?

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depack wrote:

Thanks.....keep blasting away at Sherman. Better yet how about Forrest Gregg or Ray Rhodes. Living in the past is fun ain't it?

Depack, I am going to blast him until our team is built into a contender again. You guys can blame last season (4-12) on TT, but the contracts of C Hunt, Joe Johnson, KGB, the whole Mike Mckenzie/ Ahmad Carroll & Joey Thomas draft all stay with Sherman and have a major impact on 4-12.

You guys that support Sherman and blast TT counter with TT screwed up by not signing Wahle. Gee I wonder why, the piggy bank was bare because all the money was being hooched up Joe and Cletidus.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's blasting TT? Damn, sometimes I swear some of you guys ARE TT. Let the man's record be his defense. He's a big boy. Go ahead and rip Sherman all you want. I have a feeling after two TT season's you will be yearning for those annoying 10-6, 12-4 seasons....even with the early playoff exit.

Leave it to DakotaT to turn a good BJ Sander thread into a Mike Sherman sucks thread. Like I said, live in today not yesterday, my friend you will be much happier. Unless, of course, you look at our win/loss record!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good BJ Sander thread???

The natural progression when talking about BJ Sander is to link him to the person who traded up for him in the third round and what a collossal mistake it was. Do you suppose there was a running back or decent OL to take in round three? Could there have possibly been someone to groom behind Wahle and Rivera? I don't mean to sound condesending but can't you recognize some of Sherman's mistakes?

I can't help it we have an ongoing problem with all of our threads turning into an assignment of blame between TT/Sherman. We are a divided board on this issue and it will not be resolved anytime soon. What do you propose to resolve our little problem?

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
A good BJ Sander thread???

The natural progression when talking about BJ Sander is to link him to the person who traded up for him in the third round and what a collossal mistake it was. Do you suppose there was a running back or decent OL to take in round three? Could there have possibly been someone to groom behind Wahle and Rivera? I don't mean to sound condesending but can't you recognize some of Sherman's mistakes?

I can't help it we have an ongoing problem with all of our threads turning into an assignment of blame between TT/Sherman. We are a divided board on this issue and it will not be resolved anytime soon. What do you propose to resolve our little problem?

It should be obvious that last season problems were the result of multiple people. TT didn't adequately replace a great OL. Sherman stuck it out with a bad line hoping they'd gel instead of getting the best 5 linemen on the field. TT cut the majority of veteran depth, so when multiple injuries occurred we were stuck with rookies. TT replace J. Walk with Taco Wallace. Sherman made many personnel mistakes as GM creating a mess and low cap space. Sherman stuck with run and shoot offense even though we no longer had the players for it due to injuries. Favre kept throwing up prayers and led the league in INTs (29). Sherman didn't rely on the running game when it finally started coming together, putting more pressure on Favre. Fergie kept messing up when thrown to and had a negative contribution. Longwell missed several points and blamed it on the holder. etc...

Even with all of the mess, the Packers still had a chance to win almost every game last season, the difference being only a couple plays. That being said, we have a great chance this season to turn the slide around very quickly. So I vote for leaving the 2005 season in 2005 and looking forward to the 2006 season!

GO PACK GO!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea........As stated before I am defensive when it comes to Sherman mostly becuse of a personal experience (non-******, digs) I had with him. I can certainly recognize the mistakes he has made but I just don't see the need to keep dragging him through the mud. He is gone now and he did do some positive things for Green Bay. The "mess" Green Bay was in when he left was going to happen sooner or later. The fact that they were able to keep it from happening 5-7 years earlier is the real news. In today's day and age very few teams are winning teams for so many years in a row. Eventually rebuilding is necessary.

Some teams choose to rebuild and keep the management and coaches in place (Pittsburgh) other's feel they need to clean house (San Fran, Dallas, Green Bay).

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Yea........As stated before I am defensive when it comes to Sherman mostly becuse of a personal experience (non-******, digs) I had with him. I can certainly recognize the mistakes he has made but I just don't see the need to keep dragging him through the mud. He is gone now and he did do some positive things for Green Bay. The "mess" Green Bay was in when he left was going to happen sooner or later. The fact that they were able to keep it from happening 5-7 years earlier is the real news. In today's day and age very few teams are winning teams for so many years in a row. Eventually rebuilding is necessary.

Some teams choose to rebuild and keep the management and coaches in place (Pittsburgh) other's feel they need to clean house (San Fran, Dallas, Green Bay).

I will back Sherman because he did provide many years of Playoff football. Like it or not, the teams were playing in January. Were they great teams, of course not but we always had that chance of a miracle.

TT comes in and all of the sudden we go 4-12. Granted there were injuries but on the flipside TT made some mistakes. I just don't see this team headed in the right direction.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
DePack said:

I will back Sherman because he did provide many years of Playoff football. Like it or not, the teams were playing in January. Were they great teams, of course not but we always had that chance of a miracle.

TT comes in and all of the sudden we go 4-12. Granted there were injuries but on the flipside TT made some mistakes. I just don't see this team headed in the right direction.
That's where we disagree Pyle, because I think we are headed in the right direction. We need to re-establish a good defense and strong running game. This goes hand in hand with playing in a cold weather city. We've had our run with the gunslinger quarterback, and you guys are right, it is fun to watch, but the current Packers are being built for Aaron Rodgers to run, not Brett Favre. Maybe this is the real problem we've been arguing about all this time.

Now we are on the same page with regards to our offense! I wish I had my buddy NDpackerfan's enthusiasm with regards to the new offense.

I think we are going to see some seriously ugly football games this year from our offense. Our O-line needs time to gel. I am hoping for 8-8, but I'm not slashing my wrists if it doesn't happen. I hope we can win some Chicago style football this year. You know, fumbles, interceptions, and blocked kicks returned for touchdowns to win the game you have absolutely no right winning because your offense only gained 150 yards.

Reaction score
Guys (I use that term lightly :p ), no need to loose it because things get disagreed upon.

DePack and pyle, I'm with you on MS. He had major flaws as GM, no doubt, but he did at least get us Barnett. That doesn't even begin to make up for his blunders, but there was good with the bad, just like in everything else.

I've always maintained that Sherman the GM didn't always give Sherman the coach the best players to work with. Regardless, that just goes to prove, IMO, how talented of a coach Sherman was. He had his flaws, like everyone else, but look at the long run and the lows Coach Chin (PFT.com) has had with the Steelers. He had the same nack for messing up in the big games, but look at him now, he is a winner.

Sherman the coach gave it his all, and produced some darn good results with not the best of talent. I think that is something that should be appreciated.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Guys (I use that term lightly P ), no need to loose it because things get disagreed upon.

DePack and pyle, I'm with you on MS. He had major flaws as GM, no doubt, but he did at least get us Barnett. That doesn't even begin to make up for his blunders, but there was good with the bad, just like in everything else.

I've always maintained that Sherman the GM didn't always give Sherman the coach the best players to work with. Regardless, that just goes to prove, IMO, how talented of a coach Sherman was. He had his flaws, like everyone else, but look at the long run and the lows Coach Chin (PFT.com) has had with the Steelers. He had the same nack for messing up in the big games, but look at him now, he is a winner.

Sherman the coach gave it his all, and produced some darn good results with not the best of talent. I think that is something that should be appreciated.
Are we talking about regular season Coach Sherman, or playoff Coach Sherman here? You just about had me reeled in there AADP, but then the Atlanta and Philly playoff games came rushing back into the memory and ruined the whole big happy party. I would not consider those two games well coached.

Reaction score
Agree with you there Dak. However at least we had a shot in the playoffs, as pyle said. When we got in there was always hope that something would go our way. The first step to winning the Lombardi is to make it into the playoffs.

Zero, Cowher probably never had a team that was injured as bad as the Packers last year.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

See, I've always maintained the opposite, namely that Sherman the GM was the victim of Sherman the Coach. What I mean by this is that it's widely accepted that the best place to find talent is in the top 5 picks of the draft, which is a place Sherman never even got a sniff of drafting while GM - due to his pretty impressive W-L record as coach. I'd also add that, especially given where he picked, he had a pretty good track record with his first rounders (Walker, Barnett and even Carroll). MS' main failing as a GM was that he traded away too many late round picks. The later rounds of the draft are a huge crapshoot, so, IMO, it's better to take as many shots as you can.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Agree with you there Dak. However at least we had a shot in the playoffs, as pyle said. When we got in there was always hope that something would go our way. The first step to winning the Lombardi is to make it into the playoffs.

Zero, Cowher probably never had a team that was injured as bad as the Packers last year.

That's not correct. Steelers were an injury plagued team just like every other NFL team. Don't forget the coaching staff turn over or the fact they kept losing solid starters 'Greg Lloyd, Rod Woodson, etc' and still continued to be a force.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Cowher's Steelers never lost more than 10 games a season. Bad comparison.

I was talking about rebuilding...not losing. Cowher lost a lot of good players also because Pittsburgh couldn't afford to keep them. I wasn't comparing Cowher to Sherman just showing how different teams rebuild, but since you brought it up Cowher missed the playoofs 3 straight years and still retained his job. Sherman misses 1 year after 4 straight playoff appearances and is gone. Like I said teams handle things differently.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depack, with all do respect to your homeboy, I think Moss wiping his *** on our goal post sealed Sherman's demise. I don't know this for sure, but I would imagine that it infuriated the major stockholders to the point of saying "Get rid of that__________. Fair or not, that is life in the NFL.

As far as the Rooney's go in Pittsburgh, they have a history of sticking by their coaches. If Cower was here in GB, he would have been gone after losing.

Which brings me to a question, how did the 70's and 80's Packer's fans tolerate such a mediocre product for so long? I was just a kid and I don't remember a whole lot about those teams.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 70s and 80s were tolerated by the consumption of much beer, and other fun things.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Depack, with all do respect to your homeboy, I think Moss wiping his *** on our goal post sealed Sherman's demise. I don't know this for sure, but I would imagine that it infuriated the major stockholders to the point of saying "Get rid of that__________. Fair or not, that is life in the NFL.

As far as the Rooney's go in Pittsburgh, they have a history of sticking by their coaches. If Cower was here in GB, he would have been gone after losing.

Which brings me to a question, how did the 70's and 80's Packer's fans tolerate such a mediocre product for so long? I was just a kid and I don't remember a whole lot about those teams.

Can't win in that situation. He went after Sapp and was criticized by some. What was he supposed to do, go after Moss? Besides that can't be the case.....I'm a major stockholder! :lol:

Members online

Latest posts