BJ Coleman released

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Now with Vince Young released Coleman is our back up. Here is everything you can watch about him.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard B.J outplayed Young in the past two weeks of practice. Interesting for a guy going from taking scout team snaps to becoming the backup.

Seems to me the Packers wanted to see what they had in Harrell and Young and they both played themselves out of a job.

Coleman this year > Harrell last year.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would wait until 5pm to declare him a backup. I don't see them keeping him. They could put him on PS. NO ONE would bother picking him up.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not officially the backup yet. By releasing Young, I have to wonder if T.T. has something up his sleeve. I didn't see this coming at all.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
You guys did hear the 1 QB tweet was a joke right? We might as well just roll with Coleman, system knowledge makes Coleman the better option at the moment. Besides, not like we're actually going anywhere without 12. use the extra PS spot on somebody worth keeping.

H

HardRightEdge

Here's the need: a guy we can win with for one game against a mediocre to poor team.

Coleman is another year away, if ever. I see us picking up a vet after cut downs...a million or two $ can fit under the cap.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Moore, Rex Grossman, or Brady Quinn should be the number 2. Coleman looked horrible in Preseason. TT is starting to look foolish.

12theTruth

Harrell played in a gimmick offense in college and never really took that next step. Coleman lacks the arm strength and accuracy IMO. McCarthy must have HATED something about Vince Young. We all know Ted Thompson coveted him for quite some time. Granted Vince Young had alot to learn but to give up on him in the short window of time the Packers had him is should I say curious.

Either the Packers had something up their sleeve regarding the Backup QB or some fallout behind the scenes led to Vince Young's departure.

BJ Coleman as the backup to rely on for the one and only Aaron Rodgers. BJ Coleman who for a good part of the preseason was thought to be the 3rd stringer at best and possibly the odd man out with the arrival of Vince Young.

BJ Coleman???? LOL :roflmao: ->:unsure:-> :eek: -> :sick: -> :poop:

12theTruth

Matt Moore, Rex Grossman, or Brady Quinn should be the number 2. Coleman looked horrible in Preseason. TT is starting to look foolish.

The Packers GM department used to include John Dorsey, John Schneider, and Reggie McKenzie. Ted Thompson doesn't have the same GM group he once had.

H

HardRightEdge

PS material. Not backup material. I won't believe him to be the backup until they take the field week 1 and he is there suited up.

Well, if the rumors are true and Tolzien will be signed to PS, then you have to figure Coleman is #2.

Unless, of course, TT goes gets a vet and cuts Coleman, it which case Tolzien will be the new future accomplished product of the "QB School" lauded in these pages and in the media.

H

HardRightEdge

The Packers GM department used to include John Dorsey, John Schneider, and Reggie McKenzie. Ted Thompson doesn't have the same GM group he once had.
You got that right. And you have to wonder how much of a hand Philbin had in developing Flynn while Harrell and Coleman went nowhere this offseason.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Luckily we have some running backs now so Rodgers doesn't need to throw as much and can risk a lot less.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You got that right. And you have to wonder how much of a hand Philbin had in developing Flynn while Harrell and Coleman went nowhere this offseason.
Flynn showed some raw ability and a good football mind and then developed. I thought Harrell sucked before he came in. I really can't understand what they saw in him. Coleman I had hopes for but he just looks like there is nothing there.

H

HardRightEdge

Flynn showed some raw ability and a good football mind and then developed. I thought Harrell sucked before he came in. I really can't understand what they saw in him. Coleman I had hopes for but he just looks like there is nothing there.

Flynn was always a gamer. Just a gutsy guy with some field presence. He worked on arm strength and got it up to middling NFL standards.

Harrell's arm did not develop in that way, and he continues to have that deer-in-the-headlights look on the field.

Coleman has the arm, but maybe not the head. Brian Brohm redux?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn was always a gamer. Just a gutsy guy with some field presence. He worked on arm strength and got it up to middling NFL standards.

Harrell's arm did not develop in that way, and he continues to have that deer-in-the-headlights look on the field.

Coleman has the arm, but maybe not the head. Brian Brohm redux?

I pretty much agree with that. I don't know why I have heard some people say Coleman doesn't have an arm. I always thought that was one of the things he had. It was accuracy and decision making that held him back.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would look at Brady Quinn as backup QB & possibly Cedric Benson as backup at RB if he's healthy and has the desire to play.

Members online

Latest posts