Binge watched

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The office......absolutely brilliant.
Which version? UK or US versions?

I'm afraid I'm hooked on shows from the UK. Everything from Are You Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances, The Avengers, The Prisoner, Poirot, Agatha Christie.... the list is endless. Even enjoy the British Baking Show series.

Presently going through Midsomer Murders on BritBox for about the 4th time.

To be honest, I watch very little US TV. Most of US TV that I watch is sports, with a splash of news here and there.

OP
OP
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Which version? UK or US versions?

I'm afraid I'm hooked on shows from the UK. Everything from Are You Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances, The Avengers, The Prisoner, Poirot, Agatha Christie.... the list is endless. Even enjoy the British Baking Show series.

Presently going through Midsomer Murders on BritBox for about the 4th time.

To be honest, I watch very little US TV. Most of US TV that I watch is sports, with a splash of news here and there.

I saw both and I have to say on THIS occasion, the US version blew the UK one out of the water and believe me, that is very hard to say as a Brit.....lol

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When it comes to comedy, I have to point out Mrs. Brown's Boys. Brendan O'Carroll is outrageous! My wife has a friend we call Winnie when she's not around. So many similarities that we have a rough time not making a mistake and calling her that.

Hoping for another Christmas special this year.

OP
OP
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

When it comes to comedy, I have to point out Mrs. Brown's Boys. Brendan O'Carroll is outrageous! My wife has a friend we call Winnie when she's not around. So many similarities that we have a rough time not making a mistake and calling her that.

Hoping for another Christmas special this year.
I`ve actually seen Mrs Brown twice on stage, the first time was so funny, but sadly the second time pretty much of the same stuff. Most of the cast are related, his wife, daughter and sons are in the show.

I`m pleased you like our humour. I have to say the American office took the concept and filled it out brilliantly IMHO, but I`m currently watching Parks and Recreation ? and so far have enjoyed that too. Have you watched Black Adder ?, that was a classic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rowan Atkinson and Hugh Laurie are amazing in Black Adder. I also liked watching The Thin Blue Line with Atkinson, and of course, Mr. Bean. That darned 3 wheel car tipping over nearly every episode still makes me laugh every time I see it. I even enjoyed Fawlty Towers, and was a huge fan of Benny Hill.

I like the tongue in cheek comedy.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Black Adder 2, 3 & 4 were great. Not as big a fan of the first season. Blackadder's Christmas Carol is a holday tradition at our house.

Have you watched "After Life" with Ricky Gervais?

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Norsemen on Netflix.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now I'm doing Man In The High Castle. Not overly fond of it, but I vowed that I'd watch it, so I am. :(

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the end of the second season I was so over it. I watched the first 3rd season episode to see what direction it was going and hung it up.
Some shows are like that. They start out like they're going to draw you in, then they kind of fizzle. I've seen quite a few of those that followed that pattern. But i do really enjoy the idea that we can binge watch seasons of shows we really enjoy. It's gotten to the point that we don't even watch normal prime time TV any longer. If there's a show we like, we binge the entire season over a period of a few days, and move on to the next one.

There's nothing like a bowl of popcorn, a large glass of A&W root beer, and we hunker down for one to two hours of viewing as many evenings as possible.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
What I found satisfying was watching the first half season or so of shows that were reruns when I was young. The first I dream of Jeanie or Green Acres where I never seemed to see the pilots. First season of Beverly Hillbillies I've seen several times. The first half season of Green Acres could be respliced into a 3 hour movie.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I found satisfying was watching the first half season or so of shows that were reruns when I was young. The first I dream of Jeanie or Green Acres where I never seemed to see the pilots. First season of Beverly Hillbillies I've seen several times. The first half season of Green Acres could be respliced into a 3 hour movie.
if you cobble together a decent script, i guarantee someone in hollywood will buy it.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
if you cobble together a decent script, i guarantee someone in hollywood will buy it.
What I tried to imply was it seems the first season is a serial and plays like a movie split into a half dozen or so parts. Later seasons turned into the stand alone episodes that dominate most shows since.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I tried to imply was it seems the first season is a serial and plays like a movie split into a half dozen or so parts. Later seasons turned into the stand alone episodes that dominate most shows since.
I think this happens more often than people realize. Often, the writers are geared into creating one continuous drama or comedy skit, with very little sub-plot. Kind of a mini-series. Then, the unexpected happens, and they are offered renewal, when they thought it was a one and done season of the show.

I think one of the reasons that happens is because the buyers see a pilot, like everything about the pilot, but can't envision any changes that would work. Then the writers go at it, turning what was once a one hour pilot into a 10 episode mini-series. If audiences like it, and it reaches the right demographics, it ends up getting a renewal.

Members online

Latest posts