Billy Cundiff RELEASED!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He gone:

The Green Bay Packers Thursday released kicker Billy Cundiff. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the transaction.

Cundiff, a 6-foot-1, 201-pound veteran from Drake, had signed with the Packers as a free agent March 27. He spent his first four NFL seasons (2002-05) with the Dallas Cowboys.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it,,, but I stated in this forum that Billy will be kicked out before the season started.

Anyway I see 2 possible scenarios:

1.- Rayner has some pictures of a naked TT dancing with Trom (just a joke Trom, nothing personal).

2.- TT is so worried that he might get kicked out of Green Bay that he is keeping the worst kicker he can get so he wont get his butt so damaged when he gets the boot !!!!

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a few kickers to think about;
in Ariz they have Rackers and Nick Novak- Novak out
in Chi -Robbie Gould and Josh Houston - ???
in NE - Gostkowski and Martin Gramatica - Gramatica - prob out .

I watched Houston kick for the Buckeyes last year - he kicks the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs , and has a stong leg 55 yards and in . If Houston is available , i'd go after him . :thumbsup:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohiopacker said:

I watched Houston kick for the Buckeyes last year - he kicks the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs , and has a stong leg 55 yards and in . If Houston is available , i'd go after him . :thumbsup:

So at least there are some other options out there. This is probably what Thompson is thinking. There can only be one kicker per team, so there should be a few decent ones getting cut.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I wanna see us yank up another undrafted kicker and have him be our all time points leader like we did with Longwell. that would be sweet.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rayner does have a stronger leg but never kicked in domes. I'm going to bet that Thompson brings in someone else. Perhaps Edinger.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Rayner does have a stronger leg but never kicked in domes. I'm going to bet that Thompson brings in someone else. Perhaps Edinger.

Why the knock on not kicking in a dome? Wouldn't a dome be easier to adjust to than the winter climate?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohiopacker said:

good info ohio

i would love to see houston in green bay... your right zero, the same kind of story as longwell would be very sweet.

gramatica had a bad year and then that injury, but when he was good, he was real good..and he will definetly be leaving NE they love this Gostkowski kid up there. maybe just a workout. but i think it will come down to novak, houston or rayner

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAHA i dont remember if it was him or his even lamer brother Bill

but i do know that they both have seriously injured themselves during celebrations.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
tromadz said:
is this the one who broke his leg celebrating?

technically he tore his ACL.

Sounds like Green Bay may be just the place for him. With the way our offense looks I can't see that he'd do much celebrating here this year. :-?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
porky88 said:

Why the knock on not kicking in a dome? Wouldn't a dome be easier to adjust to than the winter climate?

ekk typo, brain freeze, stupidy... :oops:

He's only kicked in domes. Last year he was Indy's kick off guy.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know that Cundiff was the answer anyway, but I really seriously doubt that Raynor is the answer either. This has to mean that either they have someone else in mind, or the brain trust in Green Bay is seriously lacking a brain.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are trying to bring back Jerry Kramer...
The Packer brass feels that this is the best way to have the Hall of Fame re-consider the last GREAT Packer from the 60s era to have NOT yet made the HOF.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohiopacker said:

:agree: :beer: :beer: :beer:

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This move at THIS particular time semi shocks me.
Lets hope Teddy actually has a plan for this situation since Raynor doesn't appear to be THE guy.
Cundiff must have presented other issues causing him to be released at this time in camp.
I didn't really think Billy was THE guy either but I thought both him and Raynor would both stick until someone more serviceable became available to bring in. It would seem if they had to cut someone for the sake of numbers that there would have been other positions that are more solidified where they could have found that body..

If they have the opportunity to bring Huston in that would be interesting.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts