Bills now listening to offers for Lynch

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wanna know what's funny?

McCarthy said he is HAPPY with our tackles, and has no plans to go another direction.

Yeah, he also said in his press conference today that he was happy with our RB combo in Jackson/Kuhn and thought that they were productive in the Bears game.

WTF game was he watching?!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
ivo610 said:
Im dead set against wasting a pick on the most replaceable position in the NFL. Im dead set against spending a pick on a guy that has had his total yards decline every year he has been in the NFL. Im dead set against wasting a pick on someone who isnt that good!

Just because someone isnt in the NFL now doesnt mean they dont have the talent. I can start my argument with harrison of the steelers or Reggie White.

a $1,000 aint what it used to be and neither is a 1000 yards. We might as well be talking about Lendale White, because both are 1000 yard backs, but White was a double digit TD guy. Neither would I spend a draft pick on to acquire.

I actually really wanted to see Vick on the Packers but as a different role than he is in now (I thought return kicks, direct snaps, ect). hindsight shows that the only role he seems to excel in is QB, so it might have been the wrong move. I agree do whats best for the team, and his character issues dont bother me personally even though he is a punk.
Because the USFL was the same as the UFL? They were buying legit college talent. Herschel Walker, Reggie, Steve Young. The UFL is to the NFL what, well, Arena Football is to the NFL. I don't think we'll ever see a #1 overall pick type player bought by the UFL.

What would you rather spend, let's say a 4th round pick on? QB? We're good. WR? We're good. OL? I would imagine that would be addressed with picks 1-3. DL? Probably good. LB? We're good. DB? Again, picks 1-3. We don't have all that many holes, so trading one of our picks to fill a hole with a guy who WHEN STARTING doesn't have a season under 1,000 yards is better than drafting a depth player at a position we're already strong at. And you're right, 1,000 yards isn't what it used to be, but it's better than the 600 we'll get out of Jackson if we stand pat.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all honesty, I don't see us being able to make a play for Lynch. We just don't have the depth at the positions they really need. And no way in hell I want to give a 2nd round pick or higher for him.

Apparently we're not the only team interested. I read that Seattle, St. Louis, Washington, and Philidelphia were also interested in Lynch. A team like Philly, I think, would have a good play on him with Kolb not being "the guy" in that offense anymore. And I thought I heard that the Eagles were thinking about shopping him... Kolb and a pick for Lynch I could totally see happening.

Somebody in one of the Bill's forums proposed the idea of trading Lynch and a pick/ another player for Vick as opposed to Kolb and a pick for Lynch. Eagles could certainly use the help and the Bills could do well with Kolb or Vick but I don't think the Eagles are getting rid of either one of them. Word on the street here is that they are going to keep them both around.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Im dead set against wasting a pick on the most replaceable position in the NFL. Im dead set against spending a pick on a guy that has had his total yards decline every year he has been in the NFL. Im dead set against wasting a pick on someone who isnt that good!

Just because someone isnt in the NFL now doesnt mean they dont have the talent. I can start my argument with harrison of the steelers or Reggie White.

a $1,000 aint what it used to be and neither is a 1000 yards. We might as well be talking about Lendale White, because both are 1000 yard backs, but White was a double digit TD guy. Neither would I spend a draft pick on to acquire.

I actually really wanted to see Vick on the Packers but as a different role than he is in now (I thought return kicks, direct snaps, ect). hindsight shows that the only role he seems to excel in is QB, so it might have been the wrong move. I agree do whats best for the team, and his character issues dont bother me personally even though he is a punk.
I don't understand the infatuation with these draft picks. How do you know that the pick that we would potentially trade for Lynch wouldn't be wasted on someone who never plays for us. Look at BJax, he was a 2nd round pick and isn't even fit to start for us (which brings about this whole debate). There's NO WAY we trade a 2nd for Lynch and he's a proven starter who plays behind an arguable worse line than ours for an offense that is worse than ours and produces! He's young too!

It's kind of like asking would you rather buy a lotto ticket and maybe win $100, or just have someone give you $60?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because the USFL was the same as the UFL? They were buying legit college talent. Herschel Walker, Reggie, Steve Young. The UFL is to the NFL what, well, Arena Football is to the NFL. I don't think we'll ever see a #1 overall pick type player bought by the UFL.

What would you rather spend, let's say a 4th round pick on? QB? We're good. WR? We're good. OL? I would imagine that would be addressed with picks 1-3. DL? Probably good. LB? We're good. DB? Again, picks 1-3. We don't have all that many holes, so trading one of our picks to fill a hole with a guy who WHEN STARTING doesn't have a season under 1,000 yards is better than drafting a depth player at a position we're already strong at. And you're right, 1,000 yards isn't what it used to be, but it's better than the 600 we'll get out of Jackson if we stand pat.

Reggie was an example, dont worry I have more :) I could say Kurt Warner or Warren Moon if you feel the need to argue that talent cant come from players who at one time were not thought of as NFL level talent.

a 4th rounder? I think its too early to say what position we will be targeting at that point to be honest. I dont think TT even knows what position he wants to draft in the spring. But since you brought it up DL needs another body, LB needs someone to replace hawk, unless you seriously think we are keeping him. and yes DB and O line need to be addressed.

Why lynch? is it the yearly declining stats that interest you so much? Oh is he a beast when starting? all 1100 yards at his best? SCARY!!!! NFC NORTH WATCH OUT!!!! Mark freakin Sanchez had more rushing TDs last season.

:sFun_DeadHorse: its not the running game its the sloppy play that hurts us.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand the infatuation with these draft picks. How do you know that the pick that we would potentially trade for Lynch wouldn't be wasted on someone who never plays for us. Look at BJax, he was a 2nd round pick and isn't even fit to start for us (which brings about this whole debate). There's NO WAY we trade a 2nd for Lynch and he's a proven starter who plays behind an arguable worse line than ours for an offense that is worse than ours and produces! He's young too!

It's kind of like asking would you rather buy a lotto ticket and maybe win $100, or just have someone give you $60?

how do I know lynch isnt going to get picked up for manslaughter on the flight to GB? I dont. its stupid to play the what if game like that. how do we know we arent throwing away a great draft pick or a bargaining chip to move in the draft? you dont, so unless your willing to look at both sides of the coin dont bring up the what if.

Proven starter? That cant start on one of the worst teams in the league with a pedestrian run game?

Yes Jackson hasnt proven himself worthy of a 2nd round pick. And Grant proved to be worth more than the 7th or watever we paid for him.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we know one thing, all that running from the cops must of made a fast runner out of him. Look on the bright side! Hopefully he's learned his lesson by now. Anyway they don't seem to do much jail time ... *cough *cough Vick!

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I'd love the Lynch trade to happen.. TT just isnt the kind of GM that likes to make a big splash.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The top 4 teams in the NFL with the highest % of their own players: Colts, Jags, Pack, and Chargers.

The bottom 4 teams in the NFL with the lowest % of their own players: Broncos, Browns, Chiefs, and Lions.

I used 2009 instead of 2010 if anyone wants to double check it. 3 of the top 4 made the playoffs, 0 of the bottom 4 made the playoffs.

Just using this to defend Teds build through the draft policy, so please dont take this as anything else. Not saying you cant venture out to find what you need or a missing piece but saying the overall method itself seems like it can more often than not work.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
The top 4 teams in the NFL with the highest % of their own players: Colts, Jags, Pack, and Chargers.

The bottom 4 teams in the NFL with the lowest % of their own players: Broncos, Browns, Chiefs, and Lions.

I used 2009 instead of 2010 if anyone wants to double check it. 3 of the top 4 made the playoffs, 0 of the bottom 4 made the playoffs.

Just using this to defend Teds build through the draft policy, so please dont take this as anything else. Not saying you cant venture out to find what you need or a missing piece but saying the overall method itself seems like it can more often than not work.
Likewise, I'm not arguing that we should trade for all of our players. I'm saying, if we were to give say a 4th rounder up for him, I don't see why that's such a problem, since, yes, he is a proven starter. He plays pretty well, but the Bills are stupid, and you honestly can't use any of their personnel decisions to justify any arguments. They have a pedestrian running game because they orchestrated it that way, their RB's are fully capable of putting up good numbers. They're not even playing Spiller.

And yes, there are undrafted and late round players who excel in this league. I'm not saying the drafting system is perfect, that 1st round picks are always stellar and 7th round picks are always mediocre. No, my point is that regardless of what pick it is in the draft, it's still a gamble rather than trading for a player who is proven. I'm in no way convinced that he isn't.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, he also said in his press conference today that he was happy with our RB combo in Jackson/Kuhn and thought that they were productive in the Bears game.

WTF game was he watching?!

What do you guys expect him to say about our players? "oh ya, they really suck?" he has to back up is players, at least to the media. He more than likely doesn't believe that. But by bad mouthiing them to the media, that would have just caused problems in the locker room. Don't be dumb guys.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
What do you guys expect him to say about our players? "oh ya, they really suck?" he has to back up is players, at least to the media. He more than likely doesn't believe that. But by bad mouthiing them to the media, that would have just caused problems in the locker room. Don't be dumb guys.

Nah, he could say they had a bad game, these boys don't need to be spoon fed bull ****. They know they sucked, we know they sucked, the media knows they sucked.

Trade for Lynch, he's PROVEN. anyone that says he's a bad runner needs to reevaluate honestly. The Bill's oline makes ours look like the Colt's. Lynch can do some good here, and is a tough S.O.B that will fight for every yard.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yep, HC's that throw their players under the bus, usually aren't head coaches for long when the team quits on them.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, HC's that throw their players under the bus, usually aren't head coaches for long when the team quits on them.

No, but I agree that we don't need to spoon feed them ********. They are grown men, getting paid millions to play a sport. I'm not asking McCarthy to throw anyone under the bus, but I am asking him to acknowledge that our run game IS NOT where it needs to be.

I wouldn't get a pat on the back and told that I'm being productive at work if I were to **** **** up... This is no different.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch has been a competent if not good back behind a buffalo offensive line that has been atrocious. forever. if he can do that, he'll be much better with a line that while not great is lightyears better than the Bills.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah, he could say they had a bad game, these boys don't need to be spoon fed bull ****. They know they sucked, we know they sucked, the media knows they sucked.

Trade for Lynch, he's PROVEN. anyone that says he's a bad runner needs to reevaluate honestly. The Bill's oline makes ours look like the Colt's. Lynch can do some good here, and is a tough S.O.B that will fight for every yard.
The media is the enemy. I LOVE this policy.

MM, believe me, chewed the guys in the locker room. But when he goes out there, he has to back them up 100%.

(If MM's scolding is effective is another issue, but he did scold).

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like more teams are interested in Lynch right now. We're like 1 of 10... I REALLY doubt we end up with him. I just hope that whatever team he goes to they end up paying a high price for him. I'll be pretty irritated if he goes for cheap like a 4th or 5th round pick, and we didn't make a play for him. Sounds like MM is perfectly content rolling on with Jackson/Kuhn and we're not all that interested in a back like Lynch.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't think that is going to be feasible, if we actually do swing a trade for Lynch.

Buffalo needs exactly those 3 positions.. O-Line, QB, and LB's.

They aren't going to take Donald Lee and a 3rd for a Pro-Bowl RB unfortunately.. even the Bills aren't that stupid.

I'd give up Spitz/Lang and a 3rd for Lynch.

Holy crap. Are we becoming insane or what? All this talk about giving all kinds of players and draft picks for Lynch. I don't F'n think so. They need offensive lineman. I tell ya what. If they want one........or two........give them Clifton and Tausher. We can start Bulaga (left side) with Lang on the right side which at this point in time would be an upgrade from a couple guys that are having problems and are getting pushed all over the place. Problem with that is, if that happened and Bulaga or Lang went down.......we would really be screwed. I say we start Bulaga and Lang and put Clifton and Tausher on the bench. Someone also mentioned throwing in Matt Flynn. Did someone put LSD in the public water system or what? Next thing ya know people will be screaming for a trade to get Jake Delhome.

I would like to think their are other RB's we could trade for. What teams have more than one running back to spare. Any ideas??? Too bad that ex Charger running back found a team already. LT is getting up there but he still has some skills and speed. Fk it. Ahman Green didn't look to bad last year when he got the ball. Where is he? We don't have to give up the kitchen sink. Just a pipe and some pipe thread tape.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy crap. Are we becoming insane or what? All this talk about giving all kinds of players and draft picks for Lynch. I don't F'n think so. They need offensive lineman. I tell ya what. If they want one........or two........give them Clifton and Tausher. We can start Bulaga (left side) with Lang on the right side which at this point in time would be an upgrade from a couple guys that are having problems and are getting pushed all over the place. Problem with that is, if that happened and Bulaga or Lang went down.......we would really be screwed. I say we start Bulaga and Lang and put Clifton and Tausher on the bench. Someone also mentioned throwing in Matt Flynn. Did someone put LSD in the public water system or what? Next thing ya know people will be screaming for a trade to get Jake Delhome.

I would like to think their are other RB's we could trade for. What teams have more than one running back to spare. Any ideas??? Too bad that ex Charger running back found a team already. LT is getting up there but he still has some skills and speed. Fk it. Ahman Green didn't look to bad last year when he got the ball. Where is he? We don't have to give up the kitchen sink. Just a pipe and some pipe thread tape.

Completely agree. I'm all for bringing Lynch in... BUT I DO NOT WANT TO OVERPAY FOR THE GUY!!! If we can get him on something like a conditional 4th round pick then fine. But I'm not cool giving away O-Linemen, QB's or LB's... I'm just not.

Members online

Latest posts