Bills now listening to offers for Lynch

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
In relation to another thread, should we try and use Flynn to make this happen? Especially if we are not planning on resigning him next year? Maybe we should get something for him.

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn is a very good quarterback with trade value. But if we plan on dropping him next year he is worth alot less than he would be if we kept him.

Were not actually dropping flynn are we?

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In relation to another thread, should we try and use Flynn to make this happen? Especially if we are not planning on resigning him next year? Maybe we should get something for him.

I don't know if I'd like that kind of deal. If Rodgers goes down, I guess our season is pretty much screwed anyways, but at least with Flynn there's a remote chance in hell of winning... Besides those are the only two QB's on our roster... I don't think the Packers would let him go next year either.

BTW, over on the Bills forums, some of their guys are coming up with some CRAZY trades that they'd be okay with... Such as:

Finely for Lynch straight up
Bulaga and a pick for Lynch

Uh, yeah, like hell on either of those... You couldn't pry Finely from TT's cold dead fingers, and I'd like to think the same for Bulaga after last nights O-Line performance.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I read was that the Packers DID inquire about Lynch before the week 2 Buffalo game for all of those who keep saying TT doesn't do ****... He was told that Lynch wasn't available. So there was an effort to bring him in immediately following the Grant injury.

But right now we are looking into Lynch again, and Steve Slaton with the Texans.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Why lynch? what makes him so good? Please someone tell me.
I don't think anyone is saying he's "so good," just that he can be had for relatively cheap, and that he's a proven back. He's no golden child, but he'll work well in our offense. The Bills are the only team I see that has depth at RB but a pressing need for absolutely everything else.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
What I read was that the Packers DID inquire about Lynch before the week 2 Buffalo game for all of those who keep saying TT doesn't do ****... He was told that Lynch wasn't available. So there was an effort to bring him in immediately following the Grant injury.

But right now we are looking into Lynch again, and Steve Slaton with the Texans.
Wait, how do you know about Slaton?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd like that kind of deal. If Rodgers goes down, I guess our season is pretty much screwed anyways, but at least with Flynn there's a remote chance in hell of winning... Besides those are the only two QB's on our roster... I don't think the Packers would let him go next year either.

BTW, over on the Bills forums, some of their guys are coming up with some CRAZY trades that they'd be okay with... Such as:

Uh, yeah, like hell on either of those... You couldn't pry Finely from TT's cold dead fingers, and I'd like to think the same for Bulaga after last nights O-Line performance.

LOL, they're getting buck wild in those Bill's forums! One proposed a trade that would send Lynch and either a pick or someone else to the Eagles for Vick! Sadly I could actually see that one working, the Eagles are notorious for making boneheaded trades!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is saying he's "so good," just that he can be had for relatively cheap, and that he's a proven back. He's no golden child, but he'll work well in our offense. The Bills are the only team I see that has depth at RB but a pressing need for absolutely everything else.

well why so set on Lynch? What about someone in the UFL or watever that league is? Why Lynch? what are they talking about now a 3rd and a player? thats more than NE paid for Moss!

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agreed. I'm fine bringing Lynch in, I think he's definitely an upgrade. Just so long as we don't OVER pay for him. I'm not okay with giving up any of our O-linemen, Flynn, any of our LB's or anything higher than a 3rd round pick.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

Haha, they're so desperate right now. Any talent on their team seems like everything to them and it seems unbearable for them to break with it.

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I'm fine bringing Lynch in, I think he's definitely an upgrade. Just so long as we don't OVER pay for him. I'm not okay with giving up any of our O-linemen, Flynn, any of our LB's or anything higher than a 3rd round pick.

I really don't think that is going to be feasible, if we actually do swing a trade for Lynch.

Buffalo needs exactly those 3 positions.. O-Line, QB, and LB's.

They aren't going to take Donald Lee and a 3rd for a Pro-Bowl RB unfortunately.. even the Bills aren't that stupid.

I'd give up Spitz/Lang and a 3rd for Lynch.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
well why so set on Lynch? What about someone in the UFL or watever that league is?
How is a guy who wasn't good enough to play in the NFL this year a better option than a young back who's proven he can be a 1,000 yard guy in this league?

I agree, a 3 is too high, but if Lynch can be had I don't know why you're as dead set against it as some of us are for it. Is it the character issues? Because I couldn't care less about those if the price is right. I'd trade for Michael Vick or Ben Roethlisberger tomorrow if I thought it made our team better.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I really don't think that is going to be feasible, if we actually do swing a trade for Lynch.

Buffalo needs exactly those 3 positions.. O-Line, QB, and LB's.

They aren't going to take Donald Lee and a 3rd for a Pro-Bowl RB unfortunately.. even the Bills aren't that stupid.

I'd give up Spitz/Lang and a 3rd for Lynch.

Spitz yes
Lang no

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is a guy who wasn't good enough to play in the NFL this year a better option than a young back who's proven he can be a 1,000 yard guy in this league?

I agree, a 3 is too high, but if Lynch can be had I don't know why you're as dead set against it as some of us are for it. Is it the character issues? Because I couldn't care less about those if the price is right. I'd trade for Michael Vick or Ben Roethlisberger tomorrow if I thought it made our team better.

Im dead set against wasting a pick on the most replaceable position in the NFL. Im dead set against spending a pick on a guy that has had his total yards decline every year he has been in the NFL. Im dead set against wasting a pick on someone who isnt that good!

Just because someone isnt in the NFL now doesnt mean they dont have the talent. I can start my argument with harrison of the steelers or Reggie White.

a $1,000 aint what it used to be and neither is a 1000 yards. We might as well be talking about Lendale White, because both are 1000 yard backs, but White was a double digit TD guy. Neither would I spend a draft pick on to acquire.

I actually really wanted to see Vick on the Packers but as a different role than he is in now (I thought return kicks, direct snaps, ect). hindsight shows that the only role he seems to excel in is QB, so it might have been the wrong move. I agree do whats best for the team, and his character issues dont bother me personally even though he is a punk.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The solution to having a better running game is to replace our aging and rapidly fading offensive tackles. Bulaga needs to be in the starting lineup and Lang should also probably. I don't think our pass protection gets hurt at all and we instantly upgrade our ability to run the football.

Wanna know what's funny?

McCarthy said he is HAPPY with our tackles, and has no plans to go another direction.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all honesty, I don't see us being able to make a play for Lynch. We just don't have the depth at the positions they really need. And no way in hell I want to give a 2nd round pick or higher for him.

Apparently we're not the only team interested. I read that Seattle, St. Louis, Washington, and Philidelphia were also interested in Lynch. A team like Philly, I think, would have a good play on him with Kolb not being "the guy" in that offense anymore. And I thought I heard that the Eagles were thinking about shopping him... Kolb and a pick for Lynch I could totally see happening.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
. Steve Slaton with the Texans.

I really hope not... He was awful last year with the oline like it is they need a powerful back not someone who could be made of glass.

As much as I hate to say it, I think packaging Hawk for Lynch straight would be a good trade for both teams, as long as GB can somehow get another linebacker for depth because I am not buying their defensive depth right now.

Members online

Latest posts