1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Murray calls Nitschke a "Pussy"

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ThorMatthews, Jan 31, 2011.

1. ThorMatthews

ThorMatthews Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +77
    Not sure if this has been posted yet I did a search but nothing came up.

Rundown: Packers fan wearing a Nitschke jersey gets pushed by Bill Murray because he was celebrating a good Packers play. The Packers fan turned around and asked for a picture and Bill Murray simply replied by saying "Nitschke is a pussy."

2. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Didn't go to the link, but, I bet he was drunk is my guess....not an uncommon state for Bill Murray. LOL

3. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Murray's earned himself a lifetime pass by making Ghostbusters.

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,800
    That and Groundhog Day. (Which reminds me: It's coming up. Better watch the DVD.)

Seems like he was using sarcasm, which is his brand of dry humor.

If he wanted to be mean he could have said, "Nitschkey's dead."
    Anyway, I think it's cool that Murray was sitting down among the real fans bundled up instead of being one of the hoity toitys in a luxury box.
    So he's cool in my book for doing that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    My guess...bundled up and liquored up!!! :drinks:

6. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Ok, after going to the link. I gotta call B.S. Pic looks shopped. And why would Bill Murray be sitting with the Commoners and not in a suite instead of freezing his *** off and missing out on the top shelf liqour!? Secondly, you don't realize Bill Murray is sitting behind you at a game!!!??? Hmm, B.S. he'd have a ton of well wishers and autograph seekers around him (guy didn't notice???). BS. No personal security in the picture except a fat guy with a Slurpee and a chick.

• Like Like x 1
  7. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Do other celebs travel with security?? I've not seen any at games, so I'm just wondering.

Seems like he'd be in the front on the 50 given his status, but maybe he just wanted to blend???

Just killing time till the Pack lands... ( I guess your not there Murgen)

8. ThorMatthews

ThorMatthews Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +77
    The picture doesn't look photoshopped in the least, their are no signs of cropping done, the lighting is natural and reflective of where he is in the photo, none of the edges seem to be blurred or touched up to hide any cropping, if their was any to begin with.

Some people probably just didn't notice the guy or respected the guy enough to leave him to his privacy of watching the game like anyone else would be and I don't know about you but I generally watch the game not look up at the dudes sitting behind me.

Bill Murray is past his prime, it's not like the guy is in danger of getting killed and even if someone attacked him for whatever reason, I'm certain their will be a few people looking out to be the "dude that saved Bill Murray".

I feel like you're stereotyping the guy for being famous.

9. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    No, I got two sick girls, and have to get some stuff down before the ice storm gets here so going out to DFW is out.

10. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,800
    I swear, if that guy in the picture walked towards me and even got within 2 feet of my face, I wouldn't recognize him as Bill Murray.
    Just sayin, he's unrecognizable with all that winter wear on.

According to Wikki, Bill is a big Chicago sports fan. Which makes sense since he's from Chicago.

There was rumor that he was interested in buying the Cubs a few years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Maybe, but my first thought was the head is too big and is too bright compared to the other people in the photo. Just doesn't look right to me. That's my impression.

Just cause he's past his prime he's still a pretty big star and Lost in Translation was a pretty big hit for him! It's pretty hard to NOT notice a celebrity (even if he is slumming) cause somebody will notice and give a shout out especially a crowd of drunk people. "Hey Bill, Caddyshack rocked!" If he's not a big star why are we even talking about him then!??

I can be eating in a restaurant and get "the whisper", guess who's here. Just recently Jerry Jones was eating a few tables away. I never noticed him but he was pointed out to me pretty damn fast. Like within a few seconds of sitting down. Jerry Jones isn't even close to as famous as Bill Murray and people recognized him instantly.

You think Bill Murray would be partying with the people and not have a crowd going NUTS around him!!?? I just don't see it. I call BS on the story. Nothing against you man. Just my opinion.

12. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Umm, Bill Murray is still very relevant.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yeUswA8xPY]YouTube - Zombieland - Bill Murray's joke[/ame]

God that movie's awesome.

13. ThorMatthews

ThorMatthews Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +77
    I never downplayed his "stardom" but he isn't as "relevant" today as he was in say the 80s, when he was putting out his best works. I guess what I'm saying is that he's not a megastar like say Brad Pitt or something like that.

I was at Comic Con one year and I ran into Gene Simmons, he was just bumbling around looking at exhibits. No one was going insane everyone was lost in the commotion and distracted which is why I think he got away with just sitting there, because people were to fixed on the game to really notice that the bundled up guy in Row 137 seat F is Bill 'Freakin' Murray.

14. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    In the story the guy recognized him immediately as Bill Murray. So if the guy's story is true out of the entire stadium only he recognized him (at first) and his brother. Ok, maybe it's true. Just saying it sounds....unlikely to me.

15. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Ok, but in the photo I see empty seats as if it was taken shortly before the game started or after. The Bear fans are looking happy. So it would have to be taken before the game from the looks of it.

16. ThorMatthews

ThorMatthews Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +77
    The guys story says that what occurred happened during the 2nd half so I want to say that this might be during half time and people are up and out of their seats going to the bathroom.
    Now I'm not saying the story is real or anything but I'm simply making a case that supports that it could be true and why.

17. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    i didnt recognize the guy at all

18. supun

supun Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Love it. If you wanted to make a fun jab at a Packer fan that would be the thing to say.

19. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    All I'm saying is there are a lot of things that make me question the story imo.

Imagine the **** storm is Rodgers shoved a Bears fan and then refused to sign or take a picture. OMG!!! THE HORROR!!!

Wasn't Murray arrested in Sweden for drunk driving or something?

At least Packer Comedians are funnier than Bears. Nobody tops Chris Farley.

20. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,072
    He got his euro dui for driving a golf cart I think, which is about as funny as a dui can be. He has or at least had a vacation cabin up in northern WI. Pack fans should go to his lake and party sometime.

21. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Maybe in his drunken haze he mistook the Packer fan for that Green ghost thing ( i forget it's name, waiting for a Ghostbusters nerd to come in here).... It could happen...

22. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    1. Hasnt anyone heard about his recent drunken acts since his failed marriage ended? He shows up to random house parties and has been the center of attention at the most random places. (I can dig up links if someone cares)

2. I bet Ditka would have punched him, Ditka respected the hell out of Nitschke as most people do if you go to war against someone like that. I dont care who he is, if a bear fan pushes me were throwin down. My favorite arrest stems from jay walking (not jokin), kicking Bill Murrays *** would easily top that.

23. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Dan Aykroyd was always funnier than him, anyways

• Like Like x 1
  24. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,800
    Oh geez, I hate that part.
    Other than that the movies OK.

What About Bob?
    The Razors Edge
    Quick Change

Those are good Bill Murray movies that I like.

25. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,800
    I don't know if he had a name in the movie.
    But in the cartoon, which I enjoyed, they called him Slimer.