Bill Murray calls Nitschke a "*****"

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted yet I did a search but nothing came up.

Rundown: Packers fan wearing a Nitschke jersey gets pushed by Bill Murray because he was celebrating a good Packers play. The Packers fan turned around and asked for a picture and Bill Murray simply replied by saying "Nitschke is a *****."

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Didn't go to the link, but, I bet he was drunk is my guess....not an uncommon state for Bill Murray. LOL

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Murray's earned himself a lifetime pass by making Ghostbusters.
That and Groundhog Day. (Which reminds me: It's coming up. Better watch the DVD.)

Seems like he was using sarcasm, which is his brand of dry humor.

If he wanted to be mean he could have said, "Nitschkey's dead."
Anyway, I think it's cool that Murray was sitting down among the real fans bundled up instead of being one of the hoity toitys in a luxury box.
So he's cool in my book for doing that.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Anyway, I think it's cool that Murray was sitting down among the real fans bundled up instead of being one of the hoity toitys in a luxury box.
So he's cool in my book for doing that.

My guess...bundled up and liquored up!!! :drinks:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Ok, after going to the link. I gotta call B.S. Pic looks shopped. And why would Bill Murray be sitting with the Commoners and not in a suite instead of freezing his *** off and missing out on the top shelf liqour!? Secondly, you don't realize Bill Murray is sitting behind you at a game!!!??? Hmm, B.S. he'd have a ton of well wishers and autograph seekers around him (guy didn't notice???). BS. No personal security in the picture except a fat guy with a Slurpee and a chick.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Ok, after going to the link. I gotta call B.S. Pic looks shopped. And why would Bill Murray be sitting with the Commoners and not in a suite instead of freezing his *** off and missing out on the top shelf liqour!? Secondly, you don't realize Bill Murray is sitting behind you at a game!!!??? Hmm, B.S. he'd have a ton of well wishers and autograph seekers around him (guy didn't notice???). BS. No personal security in the picture except a fat guy with a Slurpee and a chick.

Do other celebs travel with security?? I've not seen any at games, so I'm just wondering.

Seems like he'd be in the front on the 50 given his status, but maybe he just wanted to blend???

Just killing time till the Pack lands... ( I guess your not there Murgen)

OP
OP
ThorMatthews

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The picture doesn't look photoshopped in the least, their are no signs of cropping done, the lighting is natural and reflective of where he is in the photo, none of the edges seem to be blurred or touched up to hide any cropping, if their was any to begin with.

Some people probably just didn't notice the guy or respected the guy enough to leave him to his privacy of watching the game like anyone else would be and I don't know about you but I generally watch the game not look up at the dudes sitting behind me.

Bill Murray is past his prime, it's not like the guy is in danger of getting killed and even if someone attacked him for whatever reason, I'm certain their will be a few people looking out to be the "dude that saved Bill Murray".

I feel like you're stereotyping the guy for being famous.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
No, I got two sick girls, and have to get some stuff down before the ice storm gets here so going out to DFW is out.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear, if that guy in the picture walked towards me and even got within 2 feet of my face, I wouldn't recognize him as Bill Murray.
Just sayin, he's unrecognizable with all that winter wear on.

According to Wikki, Bill is a big Chicago sports fan. Which makes sense since he's from Chicago.

There was rumor that he was interested in buying the Cubs a few years ago.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The picture doesn't look photoshopped in the least, their are no signs of cropping done, the lighting is natural and reflective of where he is in the photo, none of the edges seem to be blurred or touched up to hide any cropping, if their was any to begin with.

Some people probably just didn't notice the guy or respected the guy enough to leave him to his privacy of watching the game like anyone else would be and I don't know about you but I generally watch the game not look up at the dudes sitting behind me.

Bill Murray is past his prime, it's not like the guy is in danger of getting killed and even if someone attacked him for whatever reason, I'm certain their will be a few people looking out to be the "dude that saved Bill Murray".

I feel like you're stereotyping the guy for being famous.

Maybe, but my first thought was the head is too big and is too bright compared to the other people in the photo. Just doesn't look right to me. That's my impression.

Just cause he's past his prime he's still a pretty big star and Lost in Translation was a pretty big hit for him! It's pretty hard to NOT notice a celebrity (even if he is slumming) cause somebody will notice and give a shout out especially a crowd of drunk people. "Hey Bill, Caddyshack rocked!" If he's not a big star why are we even talking about him then!??

I can be eating in a restaurant and get "the whisper", guess who's here. Just recently Jerry Jones was eating a few tables away. I never noticed him but he was pointed out to me pretty damn fast. Like within a few seconds of sitting down. Jerry Jones isn't even close to as famous as Bill Murray and people recognized him instantly.

You think Bill Murray would be partying with the people and not have a crowd going NUTS around him!!?? I just don't see it. I call BS on the story. Nothing against you man. Just my opinion.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Umm, Bill Murray is still very relevant.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yeUswA8xPY]YouTube - Zombieland - Bill Murray's joke[/ame]

God that movie's awesome.

OP
OP
ThorMatthews

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe, but my first thought was the head is too big and is too bright compared to the other people in the photo. Just doesn't look right to me. That's my impression.

Just cause he's past his prime he's still a pretty big star and Lost in Translation was a pretty big hit for him! It's pretty hard to NOT notice a celebrity (even if he is slumming) cause somebody will notice and give a shout out especially a crowd of drunk people. "Hey Bill, Caddyshack rocked!" If he's not a big star why are we even talking about him then!??

I can be eating in a restaurant and get "the whisper", guess who's here. Just recently Jerry Jones was eating a few tables away. I never noticed him but he was pointed out to me pretty damn fast. Like within a few seconds of sitting down. Jerry Jones isn't even close to as famous as Bill Murray and people recognized him instantly.

You think Bill Murray would be partying with the people and not have a crowd going NUTS around him!!?? I just don't see it. I call BS on the story. Nothing against you man. Just my opinion.
I never downplayed his "stardom" but he isn't as "relevant" today as he was in say the 80s, when he was putting out his best works. I guess what I'm saying is that he's not a megastar like say Brad Pitt or something like that.

I was at Comic Con one year and I ran into Gene Simmons, he was just bumbling around looking at exhibits. No one was going insane everyone was lost in the commotion and distracted which is why I think he got away with just sitting there, because people were to fixed on the game to really notice that the bundled up guy in Row 137 seat F is Bill 'Freakin' Murray.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I swear, if that guy in the picture walked towards me and even got within 2 feet of my face, I wouldn't recognize him as Bill Murray.
Just sayin, he's unrecognizable with all that winter wear on.

In the story the guy recognized him immediately as Bill Murray. So if the guy's story is true out of the entire stadium only he recognized him (at first) and his brother. Ok, maybe it's true. Just saying it sounds....unlikely to me.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
. No one was going insane everyone was lost in the commotion and distracted which is why I think he got away with just sitting there, because people were to fixed on the game to really notice that the bundled up guy in Row 137 seat F is Bill 'Freakin' Murray.

Ok, but in the photo I see empty seats as if it was taken shortly before the game started or after. The Bear fans are looking happy. So it would have to be taken before the game from the looks of it.

OP
OP
ThorMatthews

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, but in the photo I see empty seats as if it was taken shortly before the game started or after. The Bear fans are looking happy. So it would have to be taken before the game from the looks of it.
The guys story says that what occurred happened during the 2nd half so I want to say that this might be during half time and people are up and out of their seats going to the bathroom.
Now I'm not saying the story is real or anything but I'm simply making a case that supports that it could be true and why.

supun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love it. If you wanted to make a fun jab at a Packer fan that would be the thing to say.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
All I'm saying is there are a lot of things that make me question the story imo.

Imagine the **** storm is Rodgers shoved a Bears fan and then refused to sign or take a picture. OMG!!! THE HORROR!!!

Wasn't Murray arrested in Sweden for drunk driving or something?

At least Packer Comedians are funnier than Bears. Nobody tops Chris Farley.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I'm saying is there are a lot of things that make me question the story imo.

Imagine the **** storm is Rodgers shoved a Bears fan and then refused to sign or take a picture. OMG!!! THE HORROR!!!

Wasn't Murray arrested in Sweden for drunk driving or something?

At least Packer Comedians are funnier than Bears. Nobody tops Chris Farley.
He got his euro dui for driving a golf cart I think, which is about as funny as a dui can be. He has or at least had a vacation cabin up in northern WI. Pack fans should go to his lake and party sometime.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe in his drunken haze he mistook the Packer fan for that Green ghost thing ( i forget it's name, waiting for a Ghostbusters nerd to come in here).... It could happen...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Hasnt anyone heard about his recent drunken acts since his failed marriage ended? He shows up to random house parties and has been the center of attention at the most random places. (I can dig up links if someone cares)

2. I bet Ditka would have punched him, Ditka respected the hell out of Nitschke as most people do if you go to war against someone like that. I dont care who he is, if a bear fan pushes me were throwin down. My favorite arrest stems from jay walking (not jokin), kicking Bill Murrays *** would easily top that.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe in his drunken haze he mistook the Packer fan for that Green ghost thing ( i forget it's name, waiting for a Ghostbusters nerd to come in here).... It could happen...
I don't know if he had a name in the movie.
But in the cartoon, which I enjoyed, they called him Slimer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts