Packers Bill Leavy admits officials messed up downs in 49ers-Packers game

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
During Sunday’s 49ers-Packers game, there were offsetting penalties after Packers linebacker Clay Matthews hit 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick out of bounds at the end of a run. Matthews was penalized and so was 49ers tackle Joe Staley, which should have led to fourth down for the Packers. The officials ordered a replay of third down,…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

12theTruth

This changed the course of the game. An apology should be issued and the idiot responsible shouldn't be allowed to work a Packers game the rest of this season.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Wouldn't have mattered if the Claymaker kept his wits about him and didn't late hit, we got what we deserved on this.

12theTruth

I disagree. The refs still blew the call. Clays bonehead play doesn't give the refs a pass. They almost certainly will receive a failing grade for this stinker they called.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I disagree. The refs still blew the call. Clays bonehead play doesn't give the refs a pass. They almost certainly will receive a failing grade for this stinker they called.

The letter of the law doesn't always encompass every situation in a live game. Saying this is a bad call, is like saying it was a good call last year when We gave up a non-touchdown because McCarthy thew a challenge flag, on a "automatically" reviewed play.

12theTruth

The letter of the law doesn't always encompass every situation in a live game. Saying this is a bad call, is like saying it was a good call last year when We gave up a non-touchdown because McCarthy thew a challenge flag, on a "automatically" reviewed play.

I guess I was more frustrated in the overall non calls that the refs let slide when they were indeed very obvious. McCarthy only called a timeout to give the booth more time to review the play and it appears they still didn't think it was worth looking at closer. That was curious move by the booth in my opinion.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I guess I was more frustrated in the overall non calls that the refs let slide when they were indeed very obvious. McCarthy only called a timeout to give the booth more time to review the play and it appears they still didn't think it was worth looking at closer. That was curious move by the booth in my opinion.

I understand, but when your on the road especially you can't expect an 100% fair game, and in any game you should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER let the game be decided by the officials. Had MM not accepted the penalty, or had our DB 's been able to cover a soup bowl this wouldnt even be an issue.

Members online

Latest posts