biggest winners and losers

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons just confirmed that they will be pretenders for years to come. After what we did to their defense, they give up a bunch of picks for a WR? Don't they realize that Matt Ryan can't even throw a deep ball?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I could understand Atlanta giving up what they did if they got AJ Green out of it. That man will be a beast. 100% guaranteed. Julio Jones? I'm not so sold.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could understand Atlanta giving up what they did if they got AJ Green out of it. That man will be a beast. 100% guaranteed. Julio Jones? I'm not so sold.
Let's pretend Julio Jones turns into Andre Johnson or Megatron or whoever you think it's the best WR in the league.

Would you give up two 1st rounds plus two 2nd rounds plus a 4th round to get him, when you already have Roddy White in the team, and have just given up 48 points at home?

That was the Herschel Walker trade all over again.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Let's pretend Julio Jones turns into Andre Johnson or Megatron or whoever you think it's the best WR in the league.

Would you give up two 1st rounds plus two 2nd rounds plus a 4th round to get him, when you already have Roddy White in the team, and have just given up 48 points at home?

That was the Herschel Walker trade all over again.

They didn't give up 2 1st rounders, they gave up this year's and next years but they acquired Cleveland's this year, so they're only down 1 pick there.

I'm not a big fan of the trade either, don't get me wrong. But if Julio ends up being Fitzgerald/Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson I think they'll be happy.

And you can't be reactionary like that, regarding what Rodgers did to them. They also beat us once. They still have 4 more rounds to plug holes and there's depth to this draft. They'll be fine.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta bombs this year and ends up with a top 10 pick, it was not worth it.

Carolina went with the hype, Claussen couldn't have been that bad that they go QB, it's stupid that they would jump off that bandwagon that fast. If they had taken Green then jumped up for Ingram, they could have become a legit threat to the division

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
They didn't give up 2 1st rounders, they gave up this year's and next years but they acquired Cleveland's this year, so they're only down 1 pick there.

I'm not a big fan of the trade either, don't get me wrong. But if Julio ends up being Fitzgerald/Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson I think they'll be happy.

And you can't be reactionary like that, regarding what Rodgers did to them. They also beat us once. They still have 4 more rounds to plug holes and there's depth to this draft. They'll be fine.

And it's possible they will spend big money on a pass rusher in free agency. I hope they don't go after Cullen Jenkins, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
aj green isnt a guarantee success. he has issues. was suspended 5 games senior year and reeks of im a thug. julio jones is a better pick.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the biggest loser is the carolina panthers hands down. not being patient enough for clausen to show his stuff, and drafting that "I wanna be an icon" will backfire on them. Id say 2nd is Minnesota. Wow what a reach that was.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
the biggest loser is the carolina panthers hands down. not being patient enough for clausen to show his stuff, and drafting that "I wanna be an icon" will backfire on them. Id say 2nd is Minnesota. Wow what a reach that was.

yeah carolina would of been better off trading the pick to someone like cincy and getting the number 5 pick aj green and a 3rd rounder or 2nd rounder

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with wood chipper. A.J. Green generally a class act. I've never heard anybody talk about "character concerns" with him despite his suspensions. The NCAA is known as overly strict. All he did was sell his bowl game jersey (I forget what bowl game they went to). Why can't you sell a jersey that you own?

Also, I'm not that happy with the lions pick. I have never been a fan of Fairley and I would be much more scared of them if they drafted Prince Amukamara. They have a HUGE weakness out there in the secondary and if Delmas bounces back and Amukamara pans out, they now have a pretty OK secondary with an already good d-line. They also have holes at linebacker that need to be filled. Ya, if Fairley succeeds no one will be able to run up the middle on them, but this is a passing league.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't it swap firsts, this year's fourth and next year's 2nd and 4th? Anyways Browns were big winners. I'd say Saints getting DE Jordan and RB Ingram are honorable mentions

Loser: Vikings with #12 Ponder. I'd would say Titans but Locker suffered from poor WR so just by looking at pass percentage in college can be a skewed statistic. He's not ready to start but he's not as bad as critics make him out to be. Who knows he might end up being a solid pick in 2-3 years. Vikings terrible mistake choosing weak arm QB when playing in Green Bay and Chicago 4x a year.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one of the biggest losers has to be the Patriots. They essentially traded Richard Seymour for Nate Solder.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh yeah and anyone that had to listen to Gruden rave about how every pick was great. Judging by the way he is talking he must think 25 future HOFers were taken in the 1st round.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams must not need QBs as bad as they are saying or Mallett would of been gone by now. Either that or nobody is willing to put up with him and they'd rather suffer a losing record and better draft options the following year.

Those silly Lions need an Olineman. Bad. Stafford is gonna get killed again next year. Most likely by the Packers D.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the 49ers would consider themselves winners at this point, Aldon Smith is a beast, I like him a lot and was a very good first up pick, the one that stands out to me though is moving up to get Kaepernick. I rate him, in fact I believe many moons ago when we were discussing the possible trade of Flynn that this guy would be a great back up for Rodgers, and I do truly believe he could be what the niners need. A smart, patient QB with a cannon arm. After spending a hour or so studying rounds 1 and 2, I think many teams would be happy how it's gone so far. The Colts with Costanzo and Ijalana would also be very happy with this OL bolstering, gives Manning a nice few safe years before retirement.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on Ivo, you have your forums mixed up. This isn't GUU! Most on here must think Sweet Lou is AJ Green's agent! Drew Rosenhaus he isn't...

I heard Lou was the one that bought the jersey in question and created the whole situation.

LOL I try not to even mention him on there as it leads to near riots. I was at a public signing in MN last year and a dealer told me he is friends with lou and expected him to stop by later in the day, I seriously debated putting that on the forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts