Biggest Positive from last night

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should be like the inverse play action team. We spread out and pass, but run enough to keep the defense honest. When we establish the spread passing, it's very difficult to stop Wynn up the middle when 4-5 defenders are spread on the perimeter.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should be like the inverse play action team. We spread out and pass, but run enough to keep the defense honest. When we establish the spread passing, it's very difficult to stop Wynn up the middle when 4-5 defenders are spread on the perimeter.

West Coast Offence. :)

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after thinking it through even further...the biggest positive is WE LOST...

a young team who, hate to break it to you, might not be as good as our total record...it's a group of young players, we finally got the first loss, before we recieve 'undefeated' related press and everyone's heads gets too big...there you go it happened...i wish the bears woulda flat out beaten us rather than what happened but now we can focus on the last 11 games, and give more attention to the mistakes and inadequacies which cost us last night, rather than being an undefeated team and hopefully 5-1 going into the bye.

This team has shown flashes of brilliance along with some terrible play...but for the most part it's been a lot better than expectations, and hopefully a tough week of practice by 53 players and a dozen or so coaches who realize this team is now human can lead us to a charge towards the division title...

if that makes any sense

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
What don't you get? I said what the biggest positive was! Either talk about the running game or make your own damn thread! muwhahahaha :)

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What don't you get? I said what the biggest positive was! Either talk about the running game or make your own damn thread! muwhahahaha :)

yeah hilarious...and i said what i thought the biggest positive was...this isn't anyone's "thread" i dont have to conform to your topics it's a message board so i can give my own opinion

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

yeah hilarious...and i said what i thought the biggest positive was...this isn't anyone's "thread" i dont have to conform to your topics it's a message board so i can give my own opinion

I am the thread starter!! You stick to the topic or go elsewhere!!!!!!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest positive was that we know more about what we are able to do offensively. I was inspired by our first half running attack. We ran the ball like the 90's Bills and Oilers used to. Spread the defense out, even in shotgun and give the quick handoff to the RB who has room to run. gives us balance and makes our passing attack even better.

Now, Brett will take some shots if we do this consistently without some max protects like we have in the past but he's pretty tough QB. If anyone can manage this kind of offense, its Brett.

I was pretty pissed about James Jones and our playcalling in the 2nd half but McCarthy is still a newer coach and he will learn. Look at Tony Romo tonight, 4 picks in the first half and still the Cowboys show confidence in him, keeping him in the game and letting him throw the ball down field. None of this **** and dunk stuff after Favre threw that first interception to Urlacher.

MM needs to not do that again. It crippled our offense and our defense too since it was 3 and out all the time.

I think JJ will bounce back nicely this year and we found an identity last night so i think we will be even better down the stretch. I think other than the 2 fumbles, that first half was easily our best half of "good football".

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Biggest positive was that we know more about what we are able to do offensively. I was inspired by our first half running attack. We ran the ball like the 90's Bills and Oilers used to. Spread the defense out, even in shotgun and give the quick handoff to the RB who has room to run. gives us balance and makes our passing attack even better.

Now, Brett will take some shots if we do this consistently without some max protects like we have in the past but he's pretty tough QB. If anyone can manage this kind of offense, its Brett.

I was pretty pissed about James Jones and our playcalling in the 2nd half but McCarthy is still a newer coach and he will learn. Look at Tony Romo tonight, 4 picks in the first half and still the Cowboys show confidence in him, keeping him in the game and letting him throw the ball down field. None of this **** and dunk stuff after Favre threw that first interception to Urlacher. I think JJ will bounce back nicely this year and we found an identity last night so i think we will be even better down the stretch. I think other than the 2 fumbles, that first half was easily our best half of "good football".

MM needs to not do that again. It crippled our offense and our defense too since it was 3 and out all the time.

Except Romo hasn't really done anything, so I don't see your point.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

I was pretty pissed about James Jones and our playcalling in the 2nd half but McCarthy is still a newer coach and he will learn. Look at Tony Romo tonight, 4 picks in the first half and still the Cowboys show confidence in him, keeping him in the game and letting him throw the ball down field. None of this **** and dunk stuff after Favre threw that first interception to Urlacher. I think JJ will bounce back nicely this year and we found an identity last night so i think we will be even better down the stretch. I think other than the 2 fumbles, that first half was easily our best half of "good football".

Except Romo hasn't really done anything, so I don't see your point.

Romo has bounced back nicely i think. 4 picks in a half can shatter a young QB's confidence. He has bounced back nicely and coaches showed confidence in him by not benching him, even for just the rest of the game.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game showed us where we are most vulnerable. It is important that we had a game where we didn't come away with a game we "should have" won because I think every game should be seen that way by a healthy football team. I think this loss will give the Packers more fire and they need that. I hope it spreads to the offensive line. I like the physicalness I have seen from the defense and would like to see that spread further through our front players to give Brett the best protection possible. I know our Packers will take all the lessons from this game and turn it into positives. I mean the Steelers lost to the Cardinals. It will eventually happen to all the teams sooner or later.

Members online

Latest posts