Biggest mistake of the offseason

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Or you could pay him something less than Hyde's $6 million cap hit for 2018 and you're getting an effective and more versatile player, then!

But is it realistic to expect Burnett to get less than that? I would think that Barry Church’s 4/26 is the hard floor on Burnett’s market value. A rising cap probably means more like 30-32M.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly we've always had good defensive players who were ruined by bad coaching and strategy.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But is it realistic to expect Burnett to get less than that? I would think that Barry Church’s 4/26 is the hard floor on Burnett’s market value. A rising cap probably means more like 30-32M.

Agree. IMO, Burnett- here or likely elsewhere- will end up with anywhere from $7.5M a year to $10M.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Come on, you can't leave us hanging like that - names, names. :)

I'm going to take a stab at it :D I would bet the farm that 2 of the players last names begin with the letter "H". The good news for those 2 guys, they weren't completely "ruined", since they played really well once they left Green Bay. :coffee:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd keep Burnett at 6-7 million. I let him walk at 10. I need to have good medical info for 8 and that's starting to stretch it for me for what I think he's worth to this team at this point.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd sign him 4 for 32 I think well i dont know maybe not he's consistently solid for 8 might want something more like sine turnovers. Not sure Josh Jones is the replacement as a traditional safety but as a nickel linebacker he should be an upgrade. What Packers need is a safety capable of excelling as a single high. That's really not Burnett or Dix in the draft it's minkah Fitzpatrick Jessie Bates maybe deshonn Elliot

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd sign him 4 for 32 I think well i dont know maybe not he's consistently solid for 8 might want something more like sine turnovers. Not sure Josh Jones is the replacement as a traditional safety but as a nickel linebacker he should be an upgrade. What Packers need is a safety capable of excelling as a single high. That's really not Burnett or Dix in the draft it's minkah Fitzpatrick Jessie Bates maybe deshonn Elliot
I thought Burnett played coverage great. And it seems to take safety's years to develop that 6th sense that makes them great safety's. Burnett is there imo.
But capers put him into a "woodson" type of position. A safety/CB/ILB? Hybrid. Playing up. And having the freedom to bend the assignment rules, IF they see something coming.... not a bad idea...but we can't afford him now.

We also have haha, who was a natural as the up front, aggressive type safety. But he isn't a very good center fielder imo. Rarely did I see him get a int, or make a crushing hit on a wr. He went from all pro talk to Basicly nothing... get him back up and in the mix!

Put a young guy like Brice back at center field. Someone who can hit! Or draft a punishing safety to sit back and clean clocks.
I'd like to say Jones, but I like him up playing hybrid ilb to have more speed and better play making potential on passing downs...

I have always had a hope to get a huge safety who hits like a LB. Basicly a 230 pounder that hits like waterboy who opened up a can of whoopass. The intimidator. You see the eagles safety who KO'd Cooks in the Superbowl? Changed the whole outcome of the game imo. I want that...

D

Deleted member 6794

I thought Burnett played coverage great. And it seems to take safety's years to develop that 6th sense that makes them great safety's. Burnett is there imo.
But capers put him into a "woodson" type of position. A safety/CB/ILB? Hybrid. Playing up. And having the freedom to bend the assignment rules, IF they see something coming.... not a bad idea...but we can't afford him now.

We also have haha, who was a natural as the up front, aggressive type safety. But he isn't a very good center fielder imo. Rarely did I see him get a int, or make a crushing hit on a wr. He went from all pro talk to Basicly nothing... get him back up and in the mix!

Put a young guy like Brice back at center field. Someone who can hit! Or draft a punishing safety to sit back and clean clocks.
I'd like to say Jones, but I like him up playing hybrid ilb to have more speed and better play making potential on passing downs...

Burnett performs at his best when playing close to the LOS but definitely doesn't excel in coverage. Clinton-Dix has shown the ability to play center field in the past but for whatever reason struggled mightily last season. I'm optimistic about him being able to bounce back though.

Brice and Jones aren't assignment sure enough to trust any of them lining up as the single deep safety.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts