Biggest Misconception?

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...Biggest misconception I've encountered, mainly from those smug-assed Easterners...

Hey! I take offense to that! :blink:

...Unless you're talking about real Easterners, like the ones from New York or so.

Biggest misconception? That people think Rodgers became good because of Favre. Last time I checked, he was reluctant to teach him because he was afraid he'd take his job.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The players hate living in Green Bay.

Lil' GB may not be Chicago, but I think Charles Woodson proved that the perception of players being destitute and stranded in Northern Wisconsin without civilization is far from reality.
Does Woodson live in Green Bay, or flee when the season ends?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Biggest misconception in my eyes is that Greg Jennings is the 15th best receiver in the league as voted on by his PEERS?!?! I loved watching Brandon Lloyd on this past Sunday's Episode..."I think Greg Jennings is where he should be. He didn't say anything on the show to defend himself"..."I think I deserve to be where I am, also b/c no one else made the catches/plays that I made, you can't name one player that played that way..."

NFL Videos: Lloyd earns Top 100 ranking
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d8200f60d/Top-100-Brandon-Lloyd
you have to watch the full episode of the 2011 NFL TOP 100 REACTIONS for 60-51 to hear ALL of his comments

Are you kidding me Brandon Lloyd, you were a BUM for 7 seasons, this is your 8th season and you had ONE awesome season and you think you're all of a sudden among the best?!?! Goes to show you how and why Greg got snubbed b/c you have guys like this that all of a sudden put themselves on a pedestal from having one good year...Greg's got the HARDWARE LLOYD, HE MADE PLAYS THAT GOT HIM TO A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON...NOT YOU!

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and I was ...

Oh, good. The reason I took offense to that is because I live in Southeastern Wisconsin, and I was afraid that you were talking about the people who live there instead of real Easterners. Sorry about that. Hope that clears things up.

OP
OP
Scout200

Scout200

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That the Vikings are "..............." the Packers
"as great an organization as"
"a dedicated fan base as"
"any competition for"
:viksux:

What is confirmed and well know is that "The Bears Still Suck!"
:chisux:

Ha, very well said!!!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Oh, good. The reason I took offense to that is because I live in Southeastern Wisconsin, and I was afraid that you were talking about the people who live there instead of real Easterners. Sorry about that. Hope that clears things up.

Aw shucks...you know you's guyz in da eastern part a da state talk funny but yer good guys. ;)

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I think it's that fans of other teams compare their team to the Packers. They say "we drafted so and so" and "we're in the 3rd year of this offense" and so on for closing the gap.
The misconception is that they think it's going to be last year's Packers they will be playing. But GB isn't sitting still and will have a ton of healthy players back.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I think it's that fans of other teams compare their team to the Packers. They say "we drafted so and so" and "we're in the 3rd year of this offense" and so on for closing the gap.
The misconception is that they think it's going to be last year's Packers they will be playing. But GB isn't sitting still and will have a ton of healthy players back.

That's why the Bears fans are such a yuck. Every year it's (Insert newly acquired person's name here) is going to turn this Bears team around and we're gonna win the Superbowl.

I was howling when they were saying it about Kordell Stewart. (AKA what's that crap on his face?)

Now somehow Carimi is going to do it all by himself. And it was Peppers before that.

VBJunkie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you think is the biggest misconception about the Packers?

(Stemming from things you hear everywhere, yet they're not true...)

Biggest misconception has to be Howard Green x2.

1) Not to disparage his mother... but she must have been wondering a few things when that big boy was trying to come out. She was rueing the day of his conception right before he was born.

2) The number of teams that didn't think Green could play football... much less be a week to week starter.

Look at all the teams he's been a part of... half of them didn't even let him play.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest misconception has to be Howard Green x2.

1) Not to disparage his mother... but she must have been wondering a few things when that big boy was trying to come out. She was rueing the day of his conception right before he was born.

2) The number of teams that didn't think Green could play football... much less be a week to week starter.

Look at all the teams he's been a part of... half of them didn't even let him play.
First of all, Green is a serviceable starter. In ideal, he would be a rotational backup for running downs, which he really is.

And in second, sometimes it just takes the right fit for a guy to contribute. James Harrison wasn't drafted, and spend a lot of times being cut by teams before he got on with the Steelers. He needed to mature and learn to be the player he is.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
That's why the Bears fans are such a yuck. Every year it's (Insert newly acquired person's name here) is going to turn this Bears team around and we're gonna win the Superbowl.

I was howling when they were saying it about Kordell Stewart. (AKA what's that crap on his face?)

Now somehow Carimi is going to do it all by himself. And it was Peppers before that.
And it doesn't stop there, the Falcons have a new WR that will put them over the top, forget that the Packers got one too. The Lions have another RB to challenge and a questionable DL, oh yea, the Packers got those too.
The Saints got their butts handed to them by the worst playoff team in recent history but oh yea, they're all better now. Forget that that Packers had a 1/4 of their team on IR and will be getting them all back.
BTW, look at schedules for this year, I really would be surprised if the Packers lost more than 3.
I see Falcons, Chargers and one Bears game as losses this year on the road, I think they are perfect at home. I'd love to hear what people think opposing this view.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
The nice thing is that you don't hear Viqueens fans telling us Ponder will put them over the top. At least they GET that they are 4th best in the NFC North.

Members online

Latest posts