1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Biggest Misconception?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Scout200, May 27, 2011.

1. Scout200

Scout200 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    What do you think is the biggest misconception about the Packers?

(Stemming from things you hear everywhere, yet they're not true...)

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Hmn. I don't know, after the SB almost everything has been debunked, from "Rodgers can't win important games" to "they're too young and innexperienced".

One thing that I heard all year was about our run D. How we weren't any good on run D. Which was a total mistake. We were average on run D because early in the year our D was overagressive, which led to A LOT of QB scrambles. Plus we played nickel 2-4 almost all the time, which gave us less beef to stop the run, but after we excelled in 09 to stop the run, Capers figured it was best to focus on the pass and play the run only on certain circumstances. Fact is, we never allowed more than 1 running TD in a game, and we consistantly had the advantage in time of possession.

So, yeah, the Packers' run D is vulnerable is a misconception I'd point out.

3. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +465
    That Aaron Rodgers can't win the big one?

4. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    That the Vikings are "..............." the Packers
    "as great an organization as"
    "a dedicated fan base as"
    "any competition for"
    :viksux:

What is confirmed and well know is that "The Bears Still Suck!"
    :chisux:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,024
    All people outside of Green Bay in Wisconsin live in Milwaukee. That only Green Bay exists in this part of the state.

Brown county of which GB is part of has over 200,000 people. The Appleton metro area which is about 30 miles from GB again has over 200,000 souls. There are probably better that 3/4 million people living within an hour drive of Lambeau and only a very few have actually touched a cow, let only are farmers. Yet all the networks stress is the town of 105,000 people.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    105,000 is a big city!

7. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +835
    I'm sure it is if you come from Brillion WI, or Grand Forks!

8. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    What's wrong with Brillion? Helluva a football town loaded with farmboys who have regularly kicked bigger school's asses.

I've touched a cow - milked 'em bare handed. Tricked city boys into milking the bull. I've bailed hay. I've shoveled out the barn. Bring it on city boy.... ;)

Now I'm a banker and deal with other banks all over the country. Biggest misconception I've encountered, mainly from those smug-assed Easterners...is that we NE Wisconsin are hayseeds that all wear cheeseheads. I love it when they underestimate me.

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Done those as well...Helped with a cow giving birth

I did those on a farm that our very own The Drews wife probably has been too..

Turns out his wife is cousins with the farmer I used to help..In turn we hunted on their land for about 20 years

But I have seen lot of women in he GB area and to say all are cows or snow cows is just wrong..Some mighty fine women there

10. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    That all Packers players have huge packages. I mean come on. We all know Matt Flynn makes everyone look small.

11. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    The network cameras, I maintain, LOOK for the women that block the sun when they stand up and put them on national TV while they're holding a beer and a brat...as gawd herself is my witness, I swear they do it on purpose. hahahahahaha

12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    While some may disagree, my argument would be bikini girls

13. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    No argument out of me on that one...then again, I've never been known to be REAL picky.... ;)

14. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,024

It is one reason I really don't mind the preseason games too much. Eye candy is out in full glory not hidden under 5 layers of parkas.
    Almost as good as a baseball game. Usually not quite warm enough for a real comparison. Nothing beats a muggy 85 deg day game for bringing out the skin.

15. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    I love Brillion! My grandma's family is all from there, so I've had many a family reunion in Brillion. It's such a small town that everyone seems to know everyone else, which would unnerve me a bit. At least, everyone from there seems to know the Endries. I don't know if that's good or bad.

And I agree that people from outside the area seem to think that if you're not from GB, you must live in Milwaukee. Personally, I prefer Appleton and feel that though the Fox Cities area is the same size, it has a heck of a lot more to offer.

16. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    Oh... it's good. Matter of fact, a lady named Marie Endries was my 3rd grade teacher at St. Mary's...that would be Bob's mom. Bob's brother Don was my insurance guy and his nephew... also Don ... was a very good friend of mine until I left for college and he moved back to Green Bay. I coached a couple of Bob's kids in football too. Good family.

17. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I think the biggest misconception is when people think the Pack seriously lacks a running game.

18. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Marie is my grandma's mother. Bob and Don are her brothers. I knew Don better than I ever knew Bob, though. Everyone seems to be dying in that family as of late. I've gone to two funerals in the past year. Don was our insurance guy, too. I think Michelle runs it now.

(I feel like I should know more about my grandma's family but I really don't... we began phasing out family reunions with the Endries more than a few years back, and I see my second cousins from that family - the Drewieske's - more than the Endries).

19. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    My third grade teacher in the late 60's was your great-grandmother? Bwahahahahahahaha.... Ok, this conversation has taken a decidedly ugly turn. :) At 52, I'm a great-great-uncle 3 times and a great-uncle 22 times and I didn't feel like a geezer until reading your response.

20. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Yep, that's her! I always wondered why I decided to become a teacher when nobody else in my family is. I guess I got it from my great-grandma! That explains a lot.

I think sometimes too much emphasis is put on the size of GB and people seem genuinely shocked that we do so well despite the size. Come on, we're not THAT small...

21. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    That all Packer fans are:
    A) football-knowledgeable
    B) die-hard, loyal, Packer-first fans

22. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    ...that some Packer fans still miss old what's his name...

23. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    Packers crumble after Favre's departure

24. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,024

I and three of my brothers married girls from Brillion. They, of course, are all different ages but know each others families.

25. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    The players hate living in Green Bay.

Lil' GB may not be Chicago, but I think Charles Woodson proved that the perception of players being destitute and stranded in Northern Wisconsin without civilization is far from reality.