1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest Loss for the Packers?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Scout200, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Scout200

Scout200 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    What's the biggest, most painful loss that the Packers have endured?

-Scout

[​IMG]

2. cvg_crazy

cvg_crazy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Are we talking game wise? player wise? this year or last year or since the begining of the team? a game we lost or a game where we just played like crap, yet still won?

3. PackisBack

PackisBack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Worst loss in a game is a tie between the Super Bowl against Elway and the Broncos and the '08 loss to the Giants in OT at Lambeau. You just can't give a guy 3 chances to kick the same field goal...

Worst player loss? Well, I mean, there's really no contest there...as much as we all hate Favre he was the face of the franchise for a long time.

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    That Superbowl to Elway or not?

5. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    2007 NFCC with "4th and 26" closely behind it. I don't care what anyone says.

6. The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea. I say the 2007 NFCC. The SB 32 was tough but we already won it the previous year.

But We should of had that game. If we won that game. We would of won the SB.

4th and 26 that was just sad. The team did not do well.

7. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I agree 100% with those 2. The Super Bowl loss to Denver wasn't as painful as we already had that taste of the champion the year before, and Elway was a good guy to see finally get a ring if someone had to beat us.

The Eagles 4th & 26 loss was UNREAL and so painful I still have scars and will remember where I was forever.
    And the Giants one was absolute killer because we were 7-point favorites and I had Super Bowl tickets in my hand, airfare already bought, and a free place to stay in Arizona.
    Farve fuqed them all up with chokes at the end. He has a patent on that.

8. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    I wonder what the Packers W/L stat is of losing crucial/playoff games in OT after winning the coinflip?

Luckily the commissioner is a Packers fan and changed the OT rules for us.

9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    I would nominate this year's playoff loss in AZ.

We beat them the week before. (Little did I realize that was just an exhibition game for the Cards.)
    A-Rod's first playoff game after a good year for him.
    A blown call on the final play.
    The missed pass.
    A great effort to come back.
    Winning the coin toss.
    Etc. etc.

To go through all that and then to lose when it looked like it would be a win.
    Tough man. Real tough.

10. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Toughest loss: Giants in our stadium in the cold--I thought it was a lock and we were on to #13.

Toughest player loss: Ted Hendricks. He gave us some hope in the lost years between Championships.

The Interceptor was more of a "good riddance" than a loss.

11. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    That loss to the Giants still stings. those mutherfuckers!

12. Scout200

Scout200 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey cvg_crazy,

I was talking more "game wise" but I suppose players could work its way in here too lol.

-Scout

13. texaspackerbacker

texaspackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    A lot of SHORT MEMORIES here hahaha. I'm tempted to go with that game long ago on Thanksgiving Day when Karras and Brown and the Lions played like they were possessed and handed the Packers their only loss in a 13-1 season. Instead, however, I have to go along with the 4th and 26 game that destroyed Mike Sherman's coaching career. Biggest Personnel Loss? We can include coaches, right? Without a doubt, it was Vince retiring early then going to Washington. Just look at the downward spiral--long before quality of players would have caused it. It took a generation to recover.

14. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Now if he continues to stay unhealthy, Brett Favre. I was excited to watch the players drill him into the turf this season and bring some karma his way.

Seriously though, Jolly hurts their depth a little bit and maybe the quality of the DL, but other than that I don't think they have suffered many losses especially with Harris looking great. Bigby could be a big loss also but I have confidence in Burnett.

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Falcons @ Lambeau in the playoffs was tough but losing to Favre in a vikings jersey twice made me sick.

16. Scout200

Scout200 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I think losing Favre made everyone sick!

-Scout

17. lxw840611

lxw840611 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    thumps up for your article, great post...