Biggest Impact on 2022 Season

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of things have changed already since last season. With the draft (and possible other FA signings) yet to come, there likely will be other big impacts. However, what do you feel is the one biggest change that will impact the Packers in 2022, either positively or negatively. If you list multiple things, you have failed :D

Listed below are changes. I did not list re-signings as they are, not changes, so all of you Rodgers fans will have to choose something else:

Coaching changes
- ST coaching change to Rich Bisaccia
- Adam Stenavich becomes the new OC
- Jason Vrable becomes the new WR coach
- Tom Clements returns as QB coach
- Luke Butkus takes over the OL (his bio pic needed to be posted. He definitely "looks" like a good OL coach!)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Player changes
- Trade of Devante Adams
- Addition of DL Jarran Reed
- Loss of MVS
- Loss of Za'Darius Smith
- Loss of Chandon Sullivan
- Loss of Billy Turner
- Loss of Lucas Patrick
- Release of Corey Bojorquez and replaced with Pat O'Donnell
- Loss of ESB
- Loss of Oren Burks

If I left something important off, feel free to point it out.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers having traded Adams will have the most impact on the Packers' 2022 season. It remains to be seen if it works out well or bad for the team.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of things have changed already since last season. With the draft (and possible other FA signings) yet to come, there likely will be other big impacts. However, what do you feel is the one biggest change that will impact the Packers in 2022, either positively or negatively. If you list multiple things, you have failed :D

Listed below are changes. I did not list re-signings as they are, not changes, so all of you Rodgers fans will have to choose something else:

Coaching changes
- ST coaching change to Rich Bisaccia
- Adam Stenavich becomes the new OC
- Jason Vrable becomes the new WR coach
- Tom Clements returns as QB coach
- Luke Butkus takes over the OL (his bio pic needed to be posted. He definitely "looks" like a good OL coach!)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Player changes
- Trade of Devante Adams
- Addition of DL Jarran Reed
- Loss of MVS
- Loss of Za'Darius Smith
- Loss of Chandon Sullivan
- Loss of Billy Turner
- Loss of Lucas Patrick
- Release of Corey Bojorquez and replaced with Pat O'Donnell
- Loss of ESB
- Loss of Oren Burks

If I left something important off, feel free to point it out.
Nixon was just added from Oakland.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I argue Rodgers is a valid change as his contract is no longer the same and is locked into GB now essentially 2/3 years more. BUT I'll play by your rules and say Adams trade of course for multiple reasons:

-The massive hole of production it leaves...
-The chance it places on Rodgers to "prove how baaad a guy he is"
-The chance it presents for Cobb/Lazard + whomever else.
-MLF system test in a way not seen yet outside a collection of games.

All triggered by Adams departure.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna say Stenovich at OC. Hopefully he will not be just a yes man to LaFleur. and that he will also keep an eye on the O line. Would have liked to mention others...but then I would have failed.

D

Deleted member 6794

I argue Rodgers is a valid change as his contract is no longer the same and is locked into GB now essentially 2/3 years more.

Actually the Packers could trade Rodgers after only one season and be in a better situation regarding the cap than parting ways with him after two or three years.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the Packers could trade Rodgers after only one season and be in a better situation regarding the cap than parting ways with him after two or three years.

Hang on, can you break that down how it saves more to trade after this year is done then waiting? Clearly I cannot read contract structure if this is the case.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I argue Rodgers is a valid change as his contract is no longer the same and is locked into GB now essentially 2/3 years more. BUT I'll play by your rules and say Adams trade of course for multiple reasons:

-The massive hole of production it leaves...
-The chance it places on Rodgers to "prove how baaad a guy he is"
-The chance it presents for Cobb/Lazard + whomever else.
-MLF system test in a way not seen yet outside a collection of games.

All triggered by Adams departure.
I agree that Rodgers contract is a big change. I was focused on additions/subtractions to the team, which is why I did not originally list him as his status has not changed in that regard. However, there are certainly ripple effects from his contract that are having impacts.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also give a wildcard nomination to Lazard tendering and most likely signing of his tender. I think we may very well learn just how valuable Mr. Consistency (aka Lazard) is this upcoming season.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna say Stenovich at OC. Hopefully he will not be just a yes man to LaFleur. and that he will also keep an eye on the O line. Would have liked to mention others...but then I would have failed.
The more that I look at this list, the more that I agree that Stenavich will have the biggest impact. It was a tight race between him and Bisaccia. Adams leaving certainly is impactful, but the negative effect will be somewhat muted by whatever moves Gute makes yet in FA and the draft, we just don't know how much. The same goes with any of these choices.

Since special teams were so atrocious and actually led directly to our demise in the playoffs, it is very tempting to say that everything will be better and that Bisaccia will have the biggest impact. I'm just not sure that it's all coaching. What Gute does to bolster ST at the bottom of the roster (and potentially at long snapper) will be interesting to see.

LaFleur calls the plays, but Stenavich is going to have to pull it all together, get all of these new position coaches running like a well-oiled machine out of the gate, and find creative ways to compensate for the loss of Adams. As a former offensive lineman, OL coach, and run-game coordinator, Stenavich is likely to lean more towards using Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon to take the heat off of Rodgers and the new WRs. That's why I think that Stenavich will have the biggest impact.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised that nobody has mentioned Bahk, hopefully being back at full strength at LT and the impact that will have on the offense. Short of trading for a top 10 WR between now and Sept, I can't think of anything else that will make this offense better that the one that included Adams.

I think the biggest positive impact will be seen on Special Teams with the hiring of Bisaccia. The Packers finally see the importance of having a coach that knows what he is doing. Let's hope Gute will also use a late pick or two to help him out.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
As
I'm a bit surprised that nobody has mentioned Bahk, hopefully being back at full strength at LT and the impact that will have on the offense. Short of trading for a top 10 WR between now and Sept, I can't think of anything else that will make this offense better that the one that included Adams.

I think the biggest positive impact will be seen on Special Teams with the hiring of Bisaccia. The Packers finally see the importance of having a coach that knows what he is doing. Let's hope Gute will also use a late pick or two to help him out.
actually, I find Stenavich's promotion very deserved but really wonder if/what effect it will have on our young O-lineman's progress and development. The conservative part of my mind wishes he would have just received a 50% pay hike and additional 200K bonus in recognition of his stellar work the past two years.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
As

actually, I find Stenavich's promotion very deserved but really wonder if/what effect it will have on our young O-lineman's progress and development. The conservative part of my mind wishes he would have just received a 50% pay hike and additional 200K bonus in recognition of his stellar work the past two years.
I'm not too worried about it. Stenavich leaving would probably be more concerning in the short run. However, he is still on the staff, will still probably keep a watchful eye on what Butkus does and be there if he is needed.

Reaction score
I think one of the more notable moves was resigning Rasul Douglas, who was brought in mid season as a patch.
Our CB room likely starts out with 3 very savvy veteran Corners. This is possibly the best CB room we’ve had in over a decade. Making a move for a 4th CB during the draft would add some depth in case a CB injury.

The 2022 season will be defined by a HIT or MISS in this draft and
our response to a historically poor ST unit.

Members online

Latest posts