1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Bigger Threat This Week

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Oct 1, 2013.

1. MackemPacker

MackemPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    The thing with the Lions last year is they were so pass heavy, they have got some big time balance now with Bell and Bush. I worry about how we're going to deal with Bush coming out of the back field.

Offensively it's all about the line I think, because if Rodgers gets time it could be the Redskins all over again, with their DBs.

2. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,190
    I predict Calvin Johnson will be shut out completely so Bush will be the bigger threat.

BTW, Johnson is inactive today.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,190
    Old, biased and stupid.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,470
    As it was, neither was a big threat. However, from the beginning Stafford started moving the chains with his lesser-known receivers. It sparked the memory of Favre's maturation when he lost Sterling Sharpe. Like Calvin Johnson (but to a lesser degree), Sharpe was a one-man show for Favre. When his career was cut short, Favre was forced to throw more to Brooks, Chmura, Keith Jackson, and the newly drafted Antonio Freeman. Favre instantly became a better quarterback because he was forced to really start reading the defenses and going through his progressions to find the open guy.

I finally saw some of that from Stafford yesterday. Could one reasonably argue that Stafford and the Lions offense would improve if Calvin Johnson were gone for an extended period of time?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    megatron and reggie bush had about the same amount of yards yesterday.

• Like Like x 1