Bigger Threat This Week

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing with the Lions last year is they were so pass heavy, they have got some big time balance now with Bell and Bush. I worry about how we're going to deal with Bush coming out of the back field.

Offensively it's all about the line I think, because if Rodgers gets time it could be the Redskins all over again, with their DBs.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I predict Calvin Johnson will be shut out completely so Bush will be the bigger threat.

BTW, Johnson is inactive today.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As it was, neither was a big threat. However, from the beginning Stafford started moving the chains with his lesser-known receivers. It sparked the memory of Favre's maturation when he lost Sterling Sharpe. Like Calvin Johnson (but to a lesser degree), Sharpe was a one-man show for Favre. When his career was cut short, Favre was forced to throw more to Brooks, Chmura, Keith Jackson, and the newly drafted Antonio Freeman. Favre instantly became a better quarterback because he was forced to really start reading the defenses and going through his progressions to find the open guy.

I finally saw some of that from Stafford yesterday. Could one reasonably argue that Stafford and the Lions offense would improve if Calvin Johnson were gone for an extended period of time?

Members online

Latest posts