• Not drafting an OLB high to add some pass rush to go with Clay

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Letting Jenkins go, believing Neal could fill his shoes

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
As for Zombo and Walden, both had excellent campaigns with us last season. I see no reason why we couldn't and shouldn't have expected the same, if not more, out of them this season. I don't blame Ted for keeping the guys who had success with us last season. Hopefully an off-season and full training camp next season will help them improve their game, or at least give us a chance to evaluate them more thoroughly.
Exactly the point I was going to make. Why wouldn't Thompson and staff expect both to improve since they were new to the system last year? And since the Packers started both opposite Clay on their march to, and "through" the Super Bowl? And as usual, Thompson brought in rookies to compete at that spot as well. Of course Thompson makes mistakes and he'll continue to do so. But IMO the biggest mistake he could make is deviating from his plan and overreact as some fans would want him to do.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly the point I was going to make. Why wouldn't Thompson and staff expect both to improve since they were new to the system last year? And since the Packers started both opposite Clay on their march to, and "through" the Super Bowl? And as usual, Thompson brought in rookies to compete at that spot as well. Of course Thompson makes mistakes and he'll continue to do so. But IMO the biggest mistake he could make is deviating from his plan and overreact as some fans would want him to do.
You have a way of saying in a few sentences what I can't express clearly in a bunch of paragraphs. Nice work!

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your answer then, is letting Jenkins go for Neal, who didn't show much if anything, his rookie year.
Most seem to agree based on the poll results.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poll is biased and assumes there was a mistake. Redo he poll with the option "although the TT method has not created a perfect team, his method has built the strongest roster in the NFL so I won't complain about it with second guessing. Because if TT operated in a knee-jerk fashion many fans endorse, our roster would probably look much differenet and we would be hoping for a playoff birth and not just homefield advantage throughout the playoffs."

I have not voted, can't see the results.

Reaction score
We're 13-1 because of the offense. What difference is that going to make if we're one and done in the playoffs because the defense allows 400 yards? I can't believe how night and day the Defense has become.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Poll is biased and assumes there was a mistake. Redo he poll with the option "although the TT method has not created a perfect team, his method has built the strongest roster in the NFL so I won't complain about it with second guessing. Because if TT operated in a knee-jerk fashion many fans endorse, our roster would probably look much differenet and we would be hoping for a playoff birth and not just homefield advantage throughout the playoffs."

Ahmen! Bother AM
I have not voted, can't see the results.
We're 13-1 because of the offense. What difference is that going to make if we're one and done in the playoffs because the defense allows 400 yards? I can't believe how night and day the Defense has become.

You guys need to start getting used to the new NFL. The Rules have changed since last year. The CBA has changed since last year, We are not the same defense we were last year. We don't have the same players we had last year and the offense is much better until the recent spat of injuries.

Dom now plays a high risk high reward defense between the 20's. throw out last game which was crap on all sides. We lead the league in picks. We are putting pressure on the qb, we are not getting sacks but we pressure, we go for picks, you see alot of almost got a pick. when that happens we are gonna give up yards. CBA says fewer padded practices. Padded Practices are where you practice tackling technique. The middle of the field in the nfl has become an autobahn with the new rules, everyone is giving up yards, that stat is danm near becoming irrelevant. look at turnovers and total points. those are the two stats that win games.

We are not the Dominating defense that won us games last year. but last year our offense wasn't the dominating offense that is winning us games this year. Ying and Yang. the roles are reversed. Our offense is the dominator and our defense is good enough to win games.

Right about now the last thing I would be worring about is our defense. If we don't have a healthy strong O line we are in deep ****.

Members online

Latest posts