Bigby's Conract

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried at all. TT gets young, healthy, up-and-coming guys resigned all the time.

I worried about Harris. But he quietly got an extension.

I worried about Barnett. But he quietly got an extension.

I worried about Kampman. But he got a last-minute extension.

I worried about DD. But he quietly got an extension.

I worried about Jenkins. But he got an extension.

Needless to say, I've worried about plenty of good players on our roster walking, and the Packer FO has gotten it done. Bigby will be a Packer in '08 and beyond for sure.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers have plenty of salary Cap money to extend any of their players contracts, if the Packers wish to do so. Packer General Manager Ted Thompson will not pay any Player more then he is worth. Remember the Packers still have 10 regular games left to play this year and possible post season games to play also. If they get into that postion.. If Bigby continues to do what he has been doing, The Packers will make Atari Bigby a weathy 26 year old NFL football player.

Atari Bigby had a terrific game against the Redskins. He was one of the reasons why the Packers shut down the Washington Redskin offense in second half of the game. The Packer defense was the chief reason why the Packer the Packers won the game in a defensive struggle , 17 to 14 under wet conditions at Lambeau Field.

I was fortunate to been in Lambeau Field to see the Packers beat the Redskins and go to 5-1 in first six games of a season for only the 3rd time(1996-1966 being the last two times)) in the last 41 years. In both Years the Packers went on to win Super Bowls under Head Coaches, Vince Lombardi and Mike Holmgren.

Both the 1966 and 1996 Packer teams had very experienced and great Head Coaches and very great & experienced players. This 2007 Packer team has youngest team in NFL and a head coach who in in his 2nd year, as head Coach in NFL. This young '07 Packer team & young Packer Head Coach still has a lot to prove, as this is only 6th game of this season. There are still 10 regular games to play in this '07 season and possible post season games if the team gets to that position.. But so far , so Good.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was fortunate to been in Lambeau Field to see the Packers beat the Redskins and go to 5-1 in first six games of a season for only the 3rd time(1996-1966 being the last two times)) in the last 41 years.
The Packers started 8-1 in 2002.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Midwest Farve fan: You are correct about 2002 Packer team record.. It is the fourth time, the Packers have gone 5-1 in the first six games of the season in 46 years.

Let us hope the Packers can extend the record to 8-1 like the 2002 Packer team did . But have better results at the end of season, where the Packer 2002 team was "one and out" in post season. Let us also hope the 2007 Packer team can remain healthy, unlike the Packer s in 2002 ,who injury list was quite extensive and involved many core and key players during that year.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Can anyone confirm that Bigby is a free agent at the end of this year? I seem to remember reading somewhere that he'll be a free agent this upcoming off-season.

I hope they resign him too.

He was playing great against Washington. He helped make a huge stop on 3rd and 1 and he had a forced fumble.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I can see why Bigby was tried out at LB, the dude is a tackling machine. He's on pace to have more than 100 tackles this year.

I'm intrigued by what his value would be though; what contract would constitute a "fair" deal since Ted isn't going to overpay anyone.

I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 years / 14-16 million would be a good starting point for Atari. Maybe make Bigby the star of his own action movie titled "Attack of the Spider-monkey". :lol:

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see why Bigby was tried out at LB, the dude is a tackling machine. He's on pace to have more than 100 tackles this year.

I'm intrigued by what his value would be though; what contract would constitute a "fair" deal since Ted isn't going to overpay anyone.

I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 years / 14-16 million would be a good starting point for Atari. Maybe make Bigby the star of his own action movie titled "Attack of the Spider-monkey". :lol:

I don't think he ever was tried out at LB. He played CB for the teams previous to the Packers picking him up and making him a safety.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's one thing Ted Thompson sucks at, it's re-signing quality players. Goodbye Bigby.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I don't think he ever was tried out at LB. He played CB for the teams previous to the Packers picking him up and making him a safety.

He tried out at S with the Dolphins, then at CB with the Jets, and then signed with the Packers as a LB prospect before being switched to S.

I'm pretty sure of it, I remember Bigby mentioning that in an interview after one of the Training Camp practices.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I new he was making tackles but I didn't know he was on pace for more than 100.

So far he has 2 forced fumbles and an INT off the top of my head and is on pace for 100 tackles. Let that settle in for a second.

That's Pro Bowl level numbers. :shock:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

I new he was making tackles but I didn't know he was on pace for more than 100.

So far he has 2 forced fumbles and an INT off the top of my head and is on pace for 100 tackles. Let that settle in for a second.

That's Pro Bowl level numbers. :shock:

120 to be exact. I checked NFL.com earlier today and was curious lol

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wonder if rouse will challenge bigby for some playing time next year.

I think he'll challenge Collins actually. I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting in place of Collins next year if Collins doesn't step it up.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
i wonder if rouse will challenge bigby for some playing time next year.

I think he'll challenge Collins actually. I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting in place of Collins next year if Collins doesn't step it up.
That kind of echo's what I said in the chat sunday. I'm starting to lose faith in Nick Collins.

Members online

Latest posts