Bigby for Truth, Justice, and the American Way

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cornerback Al Harris and safety Atari Bigby are good to keep their flowing dreadlocks. The league owners at the meetings earlier this month tabled a proposal by the Kansas City Chiefs for players to cut their long hair or tuck it underneath the helmet so it doesn’t hang over the name and number on the back of the uniform.

Both Harris and Bigby were outspoken about such a measure being considered.

“It’s not a uniform violation; it’s not a part of the uniform. So, what’s the problem?” Bigby told WLUK-TV in Green Bay. “It’s a personal choice, by a human being. To have that taken away from you, that’s everything that’s against America and freedom and your constitutional rights.”

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...8-nfl-gnb&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report

Go Bigby! You tell 'em.
Long hair is cool. :cool:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I myself never saw it as affecting the way the players look, or making them look like "thugs". I'm glad it was shot down.
I mean, otherwise, if a guy shaves his head, does that automatically make him a "**** skinhead?"
To me, if a team wants to implement hair or beard issues, it should be on a team by team preference, and in the guys contracts.
Look at today's workplace........i have seen people working at stores, wearing things and piercings that NEVER would have flown when i was a teen. But if their workplace doesn't care, and it's not something that personally offends me, i'll keep shopping there. If it does bother me, then i'll not go there. In that case, it's my choice of whether to go there or not.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed Cheesey. I didn't hear of any NFL owners complaining of people with shaved heads looking like **** skinheads.

I still think it would be cool if a RB had fake long hair, and when the defender goes to tackle him by the hair, it comes off like a lizard's tail. Meanwhile, the RB is sprinting down the sidelines for a TD.

Now, that would really be cool. :cool:

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's your right to wear long hair? HAHAHA!! LOLOLOLOL!!!

yeah, it is... it is also the league and it's owners not to offer you a job. The players forget it is a PRIVILEDGE to play in the NFL, not a right.

It is a RIGHT to have an opportunity for gainful employment, but not in any field you chose.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I myself never saw it as affecting the way the players look, or making them look like "thugs". I'm glad it was shot down.
I mean, otherwise, if a guy shaves his head, does that automatically make him a "**** skinhead?"
To me, if a team wants to implement hair or beard issues, it should be on a team by team preference, and in the guys contracts.
Look at today's workplace........i have seen people working at stores, wearing things and piercings that NEVER would have flown when i was a teen. But if their workplace doesn't care, and it's not something that personally offends me, i'll keep shopping there. If it does bother me, then i'll not go there. In that case, it's my choice of whether to go there or not.

And there in lies the NFL's dilemma. they are concerned that their customers might not want to shop there anymore.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

And there in lies the NFL's dilemma. they are concerned that their customers might not want to shop there anymore.

i think the entire proposition came from Herm Edwards. you'd think that guy would be more concerned about the Chiefs sucking than the length of some dudes hair.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
America is a country built on freedom of choice.

I would fight for that freedom.

I would go to war and gladly die in battle for that freedom. So everyone in America can have that freedom, so a man can have long hair like Whoopi Goldberg or Fabio. I would put my life on the line so an American has the right to have 86% of their body covered in Tattoos, five nose rings, and 37 piercings.

It is Freedom. It is America.

However, I would never hire a guy like that to be the Concierge at the Hilton Resort in Scottsdale, or a counter clerk for Enterprise Rent a Car at the Airport in Seattle, or even the public relations representative for Hillary's campaign.

But... In the N.F.L. I have no challenge with it. I do not like it. But I have no challenge with it. I think it punks a team out, but it is the N.F.L.

I like the New York Yankees philosophy about appearance. I like the fact that some college teams require all players to wear the same blazers, ties and pants while traveling on road games.

That is just me. That is what I like.

Freedom. I will die for it. But as I said, I would never hire the guy to work with the public at a nice Hotel, and the N.F.L. is not a nice Hotel with face to face meetings with clientele up close and personal.

R.P.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the entire proposition came from Herm Edwards. you'd think that guy would be more concerned about the Chiefs sucking than the length of some dudes hair.

Maybe he needs a diversion from the Chiefs sucking.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

I would go to war and gladly die in battle for that freedom. So everyone in America can have that freedom, so a man can have long hair like Whoopi Goldberg or Fabio. I would put my life on the line so an American has the right to have 86% of their body covered in Tattoos, five nose rings, and 37 piercings.

However, I would never hire a guy like that to be the Concierge at the Hilton Resort in Scottsdale, or a counter clerk for Enterprise Rent a Car at the Airport in Seattle, or even the public relations representative for Hillary's campaign.

But... In the N.F.L. I have no challenge with it. I do not like it. But I have no challenge with it. I think it punks a team out, but it is the N.F.L.

I like the New York Yankees philosophy about appearance. I like the fact that some college teams require all players to wear the same blazers, ties and pants while traveling on road games.

Freedom. I will die for it. But as I said, I would never hire the guy to work with the public at a nice Hotel, and the N.F.L. is not a nice Hotel with face to face meetings with clientele up close and personal.

R.P.

Fabio was a heck of an Outside Linebacker before he got that nasty knee injury.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's your right to wear long hair? HAHAHA!! LOLOLOLOL!!!

yeah, it is... it is also the league and it's owners not to offer you a job. The players forget it is a PRIVILEDGE to play in the NFL, not a right.

It is a RIGHT to have an opportunity for gainful employment, but not in any field you chose.

You know, I'm curious about that. Atari Bigby is a true Rastafarian. Wouldn't it be considered discrimination based on religious beliefs if they fired him because of his hair?

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, I'm curious about that. Atari Bigby is a true Rastafarian. Wouldn't it be considered discrimination based on religious beliefs if they fired him because of his hair?

It would. If it is explicitly stated in the religion (of which it is), then yes, it would be a violation of the First Amendment and the NFL could be fined heavily for that if he took it to court. That is, had they passed that rule.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

R.P.

Wasn't Whoopi Goldberg the football player from Miami who is now an actor and was formerly known as The Rock?

Members online

Latest posts