1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bigby for Truth, Justice, and the American Way

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zombieslayer, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...8-nfl-gnb&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report

Go Bigby! You tell 'em.
    Long hair is cool. :cool:

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I myself never saw it as affecting the way the players look, or making them look like "thugs". I'm glad it was shot down.
    I mean, otherwise, if a guy shaves his head, does that automatically make him a "Nazi skinhead?"
    To me, if a team wants to implement hair or beard issues, it should be on a team by team preference, and in the guys contracts.
    Look at today's workplace........i have seen people working at stores, wearing things and piercings that NEVER would have flown when i was a teen. But if their workplace doesn't care, and it's not something that personally offends me, i'll keep shopping there. If it does bother me, then i'll not go there. In that case, it's my choice of whether to go there or not.

3. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed Cheesey. I didn't hear of any NFL owners complaining of people with shaved heads looking like Nazi skinheads.

I still think it would be cool if a RB had fake long hair, and when the defender goes to tackle him by the hair, it comes off like a lizard's tail. Meanwhile, the RB is sprinting down the sidelines for a TD.

Now, that would really be cool. :cool:

4. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Atari for mod! :D

5. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    It's your right to wear long hair? HAHAHA!! LOLOLOLOL!!!

yeah, it is... it is also the league and it's owners not to offer you a job. The players forget it is a PRIVILEDGE to play in the NFL, not a right.

It is a RIGHT to have an opportunity for gainful employment, but not in any field you chose.

6. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    And there in lies the NFL's dilemma. they are concerned that their customers might not want to shop there anymore.

7. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    i think the entire proposition came from Herm Edwards. you'd think that guy would be more concerned about the Chiefs sucking than the length of some dudes hair.

8. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    America is a country built on freedom of choice.

I would fight for that freedom.

I would go to war and gladly die in battle for that freedom. So everyone in America can have that freedom, so a man can have long hair like Whoopi Goldberg or Fabio. I would put my life on the line so an American has the right to have 86% of their body covered in Tattoos, five nose rings, and 37 piercings.

It is Freedom. It is America.

However, I would never hire a guy like that to be the Concierge at the Hilton Resort in Scottsdale, or a counter clerk for Enterprise Rent a Car at the Airport in Seattle, or even the public relations representative for Hillary's campaign.

But... In the N.F.L. I have no challenge with it. I do not like it. But I have no challenge with it. I think it punks a team out, but it is the N.F.L.

I like the New York Yankees philosophy about appearance. I like the fact that some college teams require all players to wear the same blazers, ties and pants while traveling on road games.

That is just me. That is what I like.

Freedom. I will die for it. But as I said, I would never hire the guy to work with the public at a nice Hotel, and the N.F.L. is not a nice Hotel with face to face meetings with clientele up close and personal.

R.P.

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe he needs a diversion from the Chiefs sucking.

10. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Fabio was a heck of an Outside Linebacker before he got that nasty knee injury.

11. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You know, I'm curious about that. Atari Bigby is a true Rastafarian. Wouldn't it be considered discrimination based on religious beliefs if they fired him because of his hair?

12. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It would. If it is explicitly stated in the religion (of which it is), then yes, it would be a violation of the First Amendment and the NFL could be fined heavily for that if he took it to court. That is, had they passed that rule.

13. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wasn't Whoopi Goldberg the football player from Miami who is now an actor and was formerly known as The Rock?