Big time FA DE off the market before he was on

magic_8ball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probowler Kyle Vanden Bosch reportedly is nearing a new deal with the Titans. Its not official but those close to Vanden Bosch say that the deal should be finalized with 24 or 48 hours. This is a disapointmet for packer fans. this guy has the motor of kampman but is more athletically gifted. it would have been nice to at least take a look at him.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard in the last few weeks of the season, before it was even over, that he would remain with the Titans. Smart move by them talking to him before free agency hit

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was he like the only guy who was actually playing for real in the pro bowl besides roy williams?

i remember someones name familiar to that doin some damage.

we dont need a DE. Well, we could do with someone better than KGB, but he has that contract still so...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'm not saying this is the case with this guy, but remember Reggie was all but a 49er from reports. I liked how that turned out

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ZeroZCool--You have to remember the Reggie White deal, in context of the days of 1993, The salary cap and free agency had just come into effect in 1993. Therefore there was no Free Agency and salary cap problem at that time. The Packers could very easly sign Reggie White to the huge contract at that time needed to get Reggie White in to a Green and Gold uniform.

The new Century is a completely different era from 1993 and pre 1993 era. It took a few years after 1993 for the true effects of Competitive balance (Salary cap anf Free Agency) to have its full effect to be felt. It took 2005 season with loss of Wahle, Rivera, & Shaper due to salary cap considerations and also the loss of many key offensive players due to injuries which ended the Packer's streak of 13 non losing seasons. Remember the Packers had the best winning record of any NFL franchise from 1992 to 2004. No small accomplishment considering the Packers had been drafting in late rounds of the NFL draft for most of those 12 years and been successfully balancing salary cap considerations and for years, in order, to keep their core players.

Some Packer fans haven't a clue how fortunate they were to see 13 years of non losing football presided over by QB Brett Favre. We, long time Packer fans had to endure the 1948-1958 era of bad losing Packer teams. Also the very long time era of 1968-1991 of most losing Packer teams. Fortunately the conditions, that caused these two losing eras to occur, no longer exists. A NFL team can turn its losing record around in one season .
Hopefully the Packers will be able to do this in '06!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That second paragraph nails it, PW.... the deck "had" to be stacked against us, before the Packers would fall like they did. Too bad the four letter network can't get it right... when they ever get around to discussin' Lambeau, that is... (which these days is usually ....almost never....)

Members online

Latest posts