Big Poppy

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhh, the luxury of depth at a position where we had none a year ago. Don't you know the competition on that practice field is fierce.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Ahhh, the luxury of depth at a position where we had none a year ago. Don't you know the competition on that practice field is fierce.

What do you need defense for Warhawk? All you have to do is outscore everyone! We one 3 NFC north titles that way. Man we rocked.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
warhawk said:

What do you need defense for Warhawk? All you have to do is outscore everyone! We one 3 NFC north titles that way. Man we rocked.

Actually we WON....not one.....3 NFC north titles. Obviously you are predicting another won (done on purpose) this season? I'm not sure why you idiots think not winning the NFC North is better than winning it. :roll:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im one of the few people that isnt big on poppinga.

i havent seen much of him, but only hear good things though...i look at him as a suitable backup.

I hope he turns out great and gets 4 pro bowls,etc,etc though.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

i havent seen much of him, but only hear good things though...i look at him as a suitable backup.

what don't you like about popinga?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
tromadz said:

what don't you like about popinga?

I havent seen much of him. I dont really not like\like him. Im indifferent, and dont see what all the hubbub is about.

Maybe he will show me on the playing field!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
porky88 said:
I think Poppinga will be starting ahead of Taylor by mid season.

maybe even sooner.
the link posted said by opening day

Ben Taylor has had a pretty good camp but Poppinga has much more upside and if he is what the coaches think/say he is, then he'll probably start opening day.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
DakotaT said:
warhawk said:

Actually we WON....not one.....3 NFC north titles. Obviously you are predicting another won (done on purpose) this season? I'm not sure why you idiots think not winning the NFC North is better than winning it. :roll:

De, winning the division rocks, it is the first goal to attain every year. But you and Pyle give Sherman so much credit for this accomplishment that it repulses me. If those Packer teams were so great, why did they have their ***** handed them in the playoffs? They had no frickin defense and were powder puff soft, a true reflection of their coach.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and during a lot of those NFC North division title wins, the division was pretty god awful.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I think thats "Big Poopy"

(poor najeh)

Whoops

I wonder if Raven fans "pick" on Ed Reed like we do Davenport, although Reed was just there according to reports. :-?

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very impressed with him last year. He blasts people and is very fast sideline to sideline. I hated to see him go down last year. I'm glad he's still with us. I thought after last years preseason they may let him get away like they did Hunter H to the Bears no less.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I am remembering correctly, he was a terror on special teams as well. He and Manning (I think that's the right other guy) were in on about every ST tackle.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what little I have seen of Poppinga, this much is very clear.....his motor is always on at max RPM, and when he hits people, it looks violent. He hits a guy and you know it hurts alot. Good form tackler, and merciless.

Reaction score
I think he would make a great strong side LB. He has experience as DE, and knows a thing or two about trying to shed blockers, which would make him just that much more effective.

Members online

Latest posts