Big Game... Huge Game... This is a good thing.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not think I have been this excited about a Packer game (Sunday against the Pat's) in a long time. Who'd a thunk it .... at the begining of the year.... We are in the playoff race going into week 10 and there is a great deal of season left.

Just the fact that in week 10, I can and actually have a reason to sit down and start to chart things becuase the Packers are in the hunt is a damn good feeling.

The Playoff Rankings going into Sunday.

1 Chicago 8-1..........Play The Jets
2 New Orleans 6-3... Play The Bengals
3 Seattle 6-3............Play The 49ers
4 N.Y. Giants 6-3......Play The Jags
5 Philadelphia 5-4.....Play The Titans
6 Atlanta 5-4............Play The Ravens
7 Dallas 5-4.............Play The Colts
8 Carolina 5-4..........Play The Rams
9 San Francisco 4-5..Play The Seahawks
10 St. Louis 4-5........Play The Panthers
11 Green Bay 4-5.....Play The Patriots
12 Minnesota 4-5......Play The Dolphins
13 Washington 3-6....Play The Bucs
14 Tampa Bay 2-7....Play The Redskins
15 Detroit 2-7.......... Play The Cards
16 Arizona 1-8..........Play The Lions

R.P.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still can't help it, whenever we talk about our playoff chances I remember the Bills game and become full of rage again. Even though I think if we can at least win one of the next 2 which will be tough we have a fair shot.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
If we win this one we've definitely got a good chance at a wildcard spot.

Define "good chance".

I will define it if I may.......

I am sitting on third base in a Black Jack Game in Vegas.... The dealer has a 6 showing, and I am holding 11....

Everyone else has played their hand, and there has not been a face card come up for 8 draw cards in a row.

That is a GOOD CHANCE.

DOUBLE DOWN!

The Packers need to DOUBLE DOWN on Sunday because they truly have a "Good Chance."

I think the Packers are holding an 11 going into the game. And the Patriots have a 6 showing.... Brady is hurting, lost two in a row, and there is some bad words about being out coached last week from players in the locker room.

R.P.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Popcynical said:
If we win this one we've definitely got a good chance at a wildcard spot.

Define "good chance".

I will define it if I may.......

I am sitting on third base in a Black Jack Game in Vegas.... The dealer has a 6 showing, and I am holding 11....

Everyone else has played their hand, and there has not been a face card come up for 8 draw cards in a row.

That is a GOOD CHANCE.

DOUBLE DOWN!

The Packers need to DOUBLE DOWN on Sunday because they truly have a "Good Chance."

I think the Packers are holding an 11 going into the game. And the Patriots have a 6 showing.... Brady is hurting, lost two in a row, and there is some bad words about being out coached last week from players in the locker room.

R.P.

also keep in mind that favre is also hurting, but hes the type of guy that can play good even when he has an injury(the past has shown).

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do people 4get that Brady has been on the injury report for N.E. like for the last 2 years for the same thing it seems?

It is nothing new..

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually Brady's usually on there for his shoulder. The only injury that worries me when a guy is probable is the groin cause it's one of those things that you just cross your fingers that it never tweaks for the worse at any point cause you don't alsways have to be hit for it to happen with the groin

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is not a game i'm looking forward to but dang i hope we can pull out a win against brady - can't stand that guy!!!

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Green Bay should lose, (Which they will) and the Lions should win (Which they could) Detroit would be one game behind the Packers. What do you think about that?

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Green Bay should lose, (Which they will) and the Lions should win (Which they could) Detroit would be one game behind the Packers. What do you think about that?

Great Question.

If it happens I think that will give Lions fan's an illusion that they have an organization that is as good and has as much of a rich history of success as the Green Bay Packers.

This will make the Lions Fans feel good. However, being one game behind the Packers in the standings will not change Barry Sanders' sadness of who he played for and what could have been if he wore Green and Gold, or for that matter any other Uniform in the N.F.L.

Why was it again, that one of the greatest running backs in the NFL retired so early?

R.P.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are talkin about playoff chances? Comeone guys...Look at that list of teams we are 11 on that list. Its not going to happen. I love the Pack and I always will. havent missed a game in sense i can remember and i dont intend to. but at this point i see no reason to say we are in the playoff hunt.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are talkin about playoff chances? Comeone guys...Look at that list of teams we are 11 on that list. Its not going to happen.

Agopackgo4.

I know you are a Packer Fan... I do not doubt that at all.

However, The point is It is a very rachable goal based on the records of Teams in th wild card hunt.

To say "It is not going to happen." is a little negative.

What were the chances of Mary Lou hitting a perfect "10" on her final vault to win the gold. It can happen. She was in the hunt... and the bottom line is the Packers are in the hunt.

Enjoy it.

R.P.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd much rather focus on what is possible today rather than what might happen 7 weeks from now. What is possible is that we just might be able to pull off an upset. So let's focus on cheering on our team to a victory today and worry abour the rest later. And the more we do it and the more wins we have, the less we'll have to speculate about the playoffs because we'll be in them.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
We are talkin about playoff chances? Comeone guys...Look at that list of teams we are 11 on that list. Its not going to happen.

Agopackgo4.

I know you are a Packer Fan... I do not doubt that at all.

However, The point is It is a very rachable goal based on the records of Teams in th wild card hunt.

To say "It is not going to happen." is a little negative.

What were the chances of Mary Lou hitting a perfect "10" on her final vault to win the gold. It can happen. She was in the hunt... and the bottom line is the Packers are in the hunt.

Enjoy it.

R.P.

Trust me I do enjoy it. I would rather be sitting here watchin the Packers get murdered! than be doing anything else in the world. but I cant help but being negative. Name 1 quality team that we have beaten. Vikings to me are not one of them. they are a game under .500 I will believe if we win today. i will believe that we have turned this around.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good chance to the wild card spot doesn't mean much they still have to play a seahawk team with alexander and hasselbeck and a bear and vikings again. If they make the playoffs they probaly will have to play a tougher team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts