Big game excites Madden

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For broadcaster John Madden, the Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys game Thursday at Texas Stadium stirs memories of earlier times in the National Football Conference.

"It reminds me of the days when we had Packer-Cowboy, Packer-49er, 49er-Dallas, then you had all those eastern division rivalries, that was when it was a lot of fun," Madden said. "You had rivalry games with great players in it, led by great quarterbacks. You are talking about Brett Favre, Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, Phil Simms. Those kinds of guys. You just wish you had more of them. Now it's fewer and far between. Those were good times.

"But now to see it again, Tony Romo against a Brett Favre. Green Bay Packers against the Dallas Cowboys. That's NFL football. That's pretty doggone good."

However, Madden said the unavailability of the NFL Network telecast of the Packers-Cowboys game is not any doggone good.

"To have a game of any magnitude and people not be able to see it, that's not what the NFL is all about," Madden said. "We have always had games available. We have never gone to pay-per-view or any of those types of things. To go in that direction where some fans can't see it, I think that has to be fixed."

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Madden......it's a shame that the NFL is ******** over the fans with it's own "network". If i didn't live here in 'Sconsin, i'd be REALLY mad. I'm one of the lucky ones that gets in on regular TV.

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol we all know that Madden just hearts Farve and probably Romo too since they are so much alike in style.

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i love my brett favre, put a dime package in your defense baaaby, i love my brett favre, come and do the lambeau leap with me YEAH!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer_backer said:
i love my brett favre, put a dime package in your defense baaaby, i love my brett favre, come and do the lambeau leap with me YEAH!

Good 'ol frank caliendo. His show sucks, but his madden mancrush on favre impression is phenomenal!

As for the game...there will be a lot of ppl at the bars on thursday night!

1cesc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean this game wont be broad casted? I live in Cananda and this game wants to on F'N TV.

I don't know if I understood what you meant, but it's coming on TSN in Canada.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I once heard Madden take a ****.

It was gross.

I walked into the bathroom, took a **** and heard this horrifying blast. As I was washing my hands I heard the toilet flush, the stall door open, and then in the mirror I saw Big John Madden walk out of the stall. He looked at me I looked at him.

What are you going to say? I said nothing, I was too disgusted and embarrassed. Every time I see him or a picture of him the memory comes flooding back.

It is haunting.

R.P.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Raider Pride said:

It was gross.

I walked into the bathroom, took a **** and heard this horrifying blast. As I was washing my hands I heard the toilet flush, the stall door open, and then in the mirror I saw Big John Madden walk out of the stall. He looked at me I looked at him.

What are you going to say? I said nothing, I was too disgusted and embarrassed. Every time I see him or a picture of him the memory comes flooding back.

It is haunting.

R.P.

That's just wrong, lol!

I suck at siding on the NFL Network debate because fortunately for me I"m spoiled with the privilege of having NFLN in my cable package, and I love it. But I do feel for those who don't see it, I mean that has to be a lot of people cut off from an amazing game like this, such a pity

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

It was gross.

It is haunting.

R.P.
That reminds me of this:

http://espn.go.com/espy2002/s/backstagebuzz.html

From what I remember, at the 2002 ESPY'S he mistakenly used the restroom in the womens makeup room and didn't lower the seat. LOL
http://www.ronfez.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-15281.html

Bathroom humor
Monday Night Football's John Madden hit the press room with ESPN's Chris Berman. The duo had presented ESPY awards together and were now tackling questions backstage. For the most part, Madden was letting Berman field the majority of questions.

The veteran announcer lit up like a Christmas Tree, however, when he saw Brooke Shields enter the room. Madden grabbed the mic and voluntarily told the crowd of reporters how he had come out of the bathroom earlier in the night to find Shields waiting next in line. Madden said one thought immediately entered his mind.

"I remembered I had left the seat up and I felt awful," he said with a smile.

Shields took it all in stride, however, assuring Madden it was no big deal.

"My husband does it all the time," she said.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Madden will be pleasuring himself to this game.

Please don't ever bring that up again. I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

:lol:

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont know what y'all are worried about not seeing the game, just download Sopcast and watch it. ive been using it for every Packers game this season, i just set it to full screen and sit back and enjoy the games :)

Members online

Latest posts