Big Ben..

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
66, I am gonna say it one more time.....the foil goes shiny side out to best protect against alien/government/corporate mind control beams.

It must be kinda lonely living in the perpetually grey and dreary world you inhabit!! LOL

*****!! And those black helicopers - never know when they're comin' over the horizon...

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cheesey...

What about that "holding call" when Hasselback converted with a pass to the Steeler's 3 yard line???

didn't look like a hold to me.....

Would have changed the whole complexion of the game....

hmmmm???

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is the only call I might concede. However, if you're team needs the TD that a single bad call might have led to then you are far from earning the win much less deserving it.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O dont think either team "deserved to win" they both played like crap. Seahawks were abysmal in the red zone. Steelers were abysmal in moving the ball in efective drives. And the refs blew the game. After some thought to what happened it would not mean the seahawks would have won but it also means that they had there legs taken out.

Another none call you may conced was Porters take down of Alexander. I thought the NFL was going to crack down on horsecollar tackles??

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Jules....that is why the snorkel was invented...no need to "come up for air" it isn't just for the water any more....oh, wait...you mean "taking a break" and I was being literal!! Diving is diving...........so many new discoveries to be had provided you possess the patience!!LOL

OK....correct, I am no longer 20 so, therefore, there might be a little time for football.

Are you a Wisconsin transplant, Jules, or an Illinoisan with good football taste?

good stuff, digs! dive away, buddy!!!

i am not a transplant - just an illinois packerbacker - lifelong. my dad's responsible for my pack obsession. been watching games since i was a little girl - not easy when you're in bear territory!! always been a sports fanatic - cubs baseball, nascar racing (go junior), but most of all Packer football!!! i've been fortunate enough to be at many games - several in Milwaukee & a few at lambeau as well. nothing like it! now that my dad's passed away, the first trip back to lambeau will be a tough one but i know he'll be right there with me, cheering on the pack!
where u from? i mean, other than that dimension far, far, away!! :wink:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup [email protected] didn't look like a hold to me either. Like i said, i'm not saying there were not some bad calls. But Seattle had PLENTY of chances that they blew themselves. There are "iffy" calls EVERY game. It's not just at the Super Bowl. The low block call on Hasselbeck after the interception was wrong too. He was making the tackle. But Seattle had MANY chances throughout the game to take ahold of the game, and blew it. They played terrible! Pittsburgh played bad too, but came up with enough big plays to win. To me, Pittsburgh's defense had the Seattle WR's and tight ends scared. It was a bad game by both teams, but someone had to win. If Pittsburgh would have played that game against the Colts, they never would have MADE it to the Super Bowl. Seattle wouldn't have made it either, had they played that way in the NFC title game. Neither team looked sharp in my view.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
What about that "holding call" when Hasselback converted with a pass to the Steeler's 3 yard line???

didn't look like a hold to me.....

you mean the one where that right tackle got beat off the line and had his arm hooked around that DE's neck, then after that he just fell on top of him and took him to the ground?

perfectly legal.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Arrow...

you are the ONLY one who ever said this was a "hold"...

-not a little bias sneaking in there....is there?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Arrow...

you are the ONLY one who ever said this was a "hold"...

-not a little bias sneaking in there....is there?

bias? where would that bias come from? i could give 2 sh!ts about the Steelers. same goes for the Seahawks buddy. i had absolutely nothing invested in that game, whatsoever.

i'm pretty sure we're talking about the same play, and thats what happened.

ever thought about the fact that you on the other hand have a TON of Holmgren bias involved here? you turned into a Seahawk fan on Sunday for the man...and thats how you watched the entire game.

i understand perfectly if we disagree, but lets not bring bias into this discussion, because it's clearly not on my end.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looked like he had the guy around the neck to me. Thats waht kept him from getting to the QB.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Steel..

Why don't you go to a few Seahawk forums and see what they're saying...and talk some smack over there...???

Oh p@ck66! You are soooo witty! And here I thought that you were just a jerk.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66 give the Steelers credit, they had along road to travel to get to the SuperBowl and they did it....They won now let them enjoy their moment...

PacknSteel should put up something he found on one other site, and it was all the calls by officials in really slow motion...explains alot...they won fair and square..we dont see everything real clear, the game is played so fast...we dont see all the small details...

The best part now is we all undefeated once again...GO PACK!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How true Heather! On ALL counts. The FACT is, they got it done, and won the super bowl......period. They traveled the road, and came out on top. They beat the mighty Colts, when quite honestly, i didn't think they had a chance. They did it, and to the victor, go the spoils!

Latest posts