Big Ben over Brett Favre!?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of people think that Brett is on the downside of his career. This is true, BUT Favre's downhill journey is better than most QBs peak. I am not surprised ignorant people said such a thing, nor do I care what they think.

OP
OP
G

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean,

Brett Favre has been, and still is one of the great quarterbacks.

Big Ben is good, but not great.

There's a difference here..

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett has a few suprises left for all the critics and it's just my opinion but I think they will all be choking on their words by the time Brett is done.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Brett is still a great QB, but he desperately needs someone to get in his face from time to time to set him straight on certain things instead of giving him a hall pass on everything errant he does.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collin Cowheard is a moron! He is like a good old boy at camp with a 12 pack in him and thinks everything he says is the law.
He makes up most of his "facts" and alot of sorry people buy into his sh**.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Zero..that just BS...and i'm tired of hearing it...

What he needs...and has needed for years is some more talent at WR...

(How come teams like Carolina, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Arizona, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, San Diego...etc...can have such quality receivers yet the Pack is saddled with unproven rookies and journeymen...think it makes a difference?)

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"He's stayed at the party too long." Can you believe this guy? This isn't the first time he has dedicated a huge segment to how "horrible" Brett Favre is. I'm starting to think that Cowherd has beef with Favre for some reason. That and he's an idiot.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, you guys crack me up. you are feeding right into what cowherd wants. he says stuff just to rile people up. he's always on the "favre gets too much credit when they win and no blame when they lose" thing and the opposite for vick. it's always good for 10 calls from wisconsin.

OP
OP
G

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
"He's stayed at the party too long." Can you believe this guy? This isn't the first time he has dedicated a huge segment to how "horrible" Brett Favre is. I'm starting to think that Cowherd has beef with Favre for some reason. That and he's an idiot.

I think Brett might have slept with his wife

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66 is right on. Brett doesn't need ANYBODY TO GET IN HIS GRILL. He knows what is going on. He needs a friggin' running game, an offensive line and all of his weapons back.

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what has big ben done ? he is not in the same leauge as favre. He has already been injured more in his career and he has not won anything yet. Y

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one has answered the simple question put forth in this thread.

Would you take Big Ben over Brett right now? No one has answered it perhaps becuase all of you could not force yourself to say yes even though it is a no brainer! Are all Packer fans so blinded by Brett's great past. My gosh people. Yesterday is history!

Big Ben in a heart beat!

The kid is 12 years younger than Brett.

The kid is 6' 4"" and 241 pounds of winning! A natural leader! (Look at the Steelers record with out him behind center.)

18 and 1 in the NFL as a starter. Has not lost a home game since college.

Come on you all. Answer the question. It is a simple question... Right now if you could would you swap Brett for Big Ben?

Yes or no... No changing the subject and trashing the talk show host. If you want to compare Ben's numbers with Bretts do it fair... Bens record in his first 19 starts VS Bretts record in his first 19 starts.

Answer the question... Straight up right now... Brett Or Ben?

P@ck66 Come on give me your honest answer, all of you answer.

I doubt very many could force themselves to type the answer.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
No one has answered the simple question put forth in this thread.

Would you take Big Ben over Brett right now? No one has answered it perhaps becuase all of you could not force yourself to say yes even though it is a no brainer! Are all Packer fans so blinded by Brett's great past. My gosh people. Yesterday is history!

Big Ben in a heart beat!

The kid is 6' 4"" and 241 pounds of winning! A natural leader! (Look at the Steelers record with out him behind center.)

18 and 1 in the NFL as a starter. Has not lost a home game since college.

Come on you all. Answer the question. It is a simple question... Right now if you could would you swap Brett for Big Ben?

Yes or no... No changing the subject and trashing the talk show host. If you want to compare Ben's numbers with Bretts do it fair... Bens record in his first 19 starts VS Bretts record in his first 19 starts.

Answer the question... Straight up right now... Brett Or Ben?

P@ck66 Come on give me your honest answer, all of you answer.

I doubt very many could force themselves to type the answer.

Um, brett favre no doubt. Big ben has done nothing but not lose games. He has never been asked to win games, because he doesnt have to. IN GB, brett has to. He cant just sit there and let the run game do its damage, cuz there is no run game. He cant let his top 5 defense destroy teams because it is not a top 5 defense. Why not Kyle Orton in chicago then? He has only lost 3 games as a rookie! He is younger than Big Ben! Would I want him in and not Brett? No, because it would be retarded, like putting ben in before favre. On this GB packers team, you need Favre...not Big Ben. Favre already proved he can do what ben can do. He can ****,dunk, and hit his checkdown reciever like a pro. But can Ben throw it between 2, sometimes 3 recievers, because he HAS to do it, not because they are up 10-13 points? Thats my honest answer, and it is the right one. IF we had a great running game and a top 5 defense I would CONSIDER saying Ben(but probably wouldnt), but since we dont, this question has to be looked at by what team they play on, and this is the right answer. Good day.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Well, since you put it that way..... Brett is without a doubt a better quarterback, but there's no question I'd rather have Ben ONLY because Favre is on the verge of retirement. Ben has a whole career ahead of him. I would rather have 23 year old Brett than 23 year old Ben though. I would rather have Ben because of age, not because of talent.

Oh, and I don't even see where that question was asked in this thread before. That might be why no one answered it. :lol:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ok RP..this is my honest answer....

No "effin" way...man!

Do you mean to tell me that if Green Bay solidified their O-line...signed Reggie Bush..and added 1 to 2 premiere receivers that you would still want Big Ben in GB?

Who do you think has the better chance of taking you to the SB in 2-3 years with a good supporting cast? I think you know what my answer is....

(Ben may spend 12 more years in Pitt. and NEVER make it to the SB...)

(Last year...the Patriots exposed him when they shut down Pittsburgh's running game...do you think they could that to Favre?)

(That's my answer..get the horses around Favre next year and the year after...and you have the best shot to go all the way....and oh yeah...i almost forgot.....FIRE SHERROSSLEY!)

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom,

Good for you. I admire your passion for Brett. I respect that you answered the question, and stated why.

I look at a little different... Brett is 36 Ben is 24. Even in a best case senerio Brett plays 3 more years, that would make him a 39 year old QB. Life catches up with us all, Look at Montana's last 3 years, look at Marino's last three years. It is life, and the loss of skills due to age.

I think the goal in the NFL is to win. You stated: "Big ben has done nothing but not lose games. He has never been asked to win games, because he doesnt have to."

I think the real question is why does Maddox not have a win in two games if it is all about the Steelers team and not the performance of Ben.

Above all I think winning is the bottom line on every given Sunday.

All I am saying is Brett is a hall of famer who's sun is setting.

What you are saying is you feel that Brett will get more wins for the Packers over the next three years than Ben would over the next Ten years when he turns 34.

You may be right.

We agree to disagree.

RP

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had Favre on my team I'd keep him until he's too rusty to suit up! And this is from a lifetime Steeler fan and big Big Ben supporter.

Even at his worst Favre has proven more effective than Ben. Not to say the future for Ben isn't bright and as I said earlier I hope we're asking the same questions about Ben and some other up and comer in 15 years.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
66, PackinSteel,

Wow. That is all I can say is WOW!

That is like saying... I am never getting rid of my VCS machine becuase this DVD thing is going to be a bust.

66 for the last two years the Pats "D" (Charlie) have exposed every QB in the NFL... You can not single out Ben.

The only team he lost to was the Pats "D" How many loses does Manning have to the Pats "D" in the last two years.

66 I tell you what... This forum has Packer Gear for sale.

I will bet you (1 Item) from Packer Forum gear to be shipped to the winner on this weeks game between Manning and Ben.

I will take Ben to win the game against Manning.

You in?

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, let me clarify that - I'm sure Favre will leave the game at a time that is right for him and the team. Therefore, trusting his judgement I'd keep him playing as long as I could.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All things considered(GB's offseason, how long Brett wants to play, youth), strictly looking at what's best for the Packers franchise, I'm not sure who I'd want out of Ben or Brett. However, if you put Manning Jr.(not the Panthers corner :mrgreen: ) in the equation instead, I'm more inclined to take the deal.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packman31 said:
what has big ben done ? he is not in the same leauge as favre. He has already been injured more in his career and he has not won anything yet. Y

Without even reading the whole thread up to this point - but stopping with this particular opinion... I can tell ya this..... And, you all have to be fair (or is it Favre?) minded about it.....

Big Ben has done "one thing" that Brett never has....

He's gone 15-1 in a season - HIS ROOKIE SEASON.... at that!

Brett's got a great history behind him now and Ben R has yet to fulfill his, but he won't make it with the longest streak routine.. he's already sat out several games in his career. Yet, when you study up close, Big Ben is certainly of the "Brett Favre mold" .... (I'll keep reading)...

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that I've finished reading each and every posting -----

Pack66 & Tromadz are both right, ...even now.... I have yet to see Big Ben actually have to do it all alone, meaning NO running game; or NO quality Wideouts. Or, how about always stuck with 75 or 80 yards, at least on every drive to get down there for the score.??? They have quite a few big weapons..

One more thing - the only way Big Ben takes the next step to the next level in the NFL (right now) is for him to whup up on the Colts this Monday Nite. By that, I mean be the major force for the Steelers in a huge win!! If he can't pull it off against an "aging" Peyton Manning - then he's not ready yet for anyone to call top-drawer.. by any stretch of the imagination. Oh, the Steelers wiped up the Bengals pretty well - but it wasn't a blow out. And, Carson Palmer only has a few more games on Ben, as it is....

I'll keep Brett Favre - It could be that Matt Leinart... will be who it is that steps in to be the Next Brett Favre - or better yet... like most of us truly feel...

There'll never be another Brett Favre

Members online

Latest posts