Big 5 gonna hurt Dallas today

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard on ESPN that when teams go to THREE WR sets, the Cowboys take Roy Williams off the field, so he doesn't hurt them.

What in the WORLD are they going to do when they see Driver, Jennings, Jones, K-Rob, and Martin jogging into the huddle?

The team can't handle THREE WRs and they have to deal with the BIG FIVE tonight.

This can get out of hand early if Favre gets hot, gets blocking, and his WRs hands don't suddenly turn into stone.

Oh yeah, our defense is pretty great and we have an emerging running game. I am getting SO PUMPED UP...and it's not even noon. Ugh!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Been thinking and saying it all week, Dallas is razor thin at CB and the safeties on the team are weak in coverage... Dallas is going to hedge the corners to the outside or inside on every play... and Brett will audible to attack the opposite.

My guess is that the corners will play outside allowing the safeties to play less ground in the middle.. the 10 to 20 yard middle routes are going to be money.

When they decide to try to slow the slants and crosses by stepping the CB's inside on coverage.. watch for a couple nine routes down the sidelines forcing the Safeties to help... can you say Torched.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I love the packers offense. We can go SLANT crazy, and if they decided to not give it to the WRs, they're going deep. Pick your poison.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every 'boys fan likes to talk about the answer to the Big 5 being Ware/Ellis' pass rush. Problem with that one is that they are OLBs in a 3-4, which means they would either come off the field when we're in that package, or cover a WR, or be part of a 5-man rush, leaving one of our guys open. OR they rush 4 and we have them out of their base package, thus diminishing their comfort level and effectivenes.

Then I saw a guy (Dr Z, who is an idiot always) talk about the "sleek, big pass-rushers" against our Big 5 set, how they'll drop into coverage and bring zone blitzes. News flash, Brett can recognize almost any blitz, or one of the 5 guys that are faster than Ware/Ellis will burn them deep.

Take that Ellis and Ware!!

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard on ESPN that when teams go to THREE WR sets, the Cowboys take Roy Williams off the field, so he doesn't hurt them.

What in the WORLD are they going to do when they see Driver, Jennings, Jones, K-Rob, and Martin jogging into the huddle?

The team can't handle THREE WRs and they have to deal with the BIG FIVE tonight.

This can get out of hand early if Favre gets hot, gets blocking, and his WRs hands don't suddenly turn into stone.

Oh yeah, our defense is pretty great and we have an emerging running game. I am getting SO PUMPED UP...and it's not even noon. Ugh!

I have been saying the big 5 will tear Dallas apart all week.

hey Tromadz, by the way, your Heath Ledger Joker picture is awesome. Can't wait for The Dark Knight to come out!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Every 'boys fan likes to talk about the answer to the Big 5 being Ware/Ellis' pass rush. Problem with that one is that they are OLBs in a 3-4, which means they would either come off the field when we're in that package, or cover a WR, or be part of a 5-man rush, leaving one of our guys open. OR they rush 4 and we have them out of their base package, thus diminishing their comfort level and effectivenes.

Then I saw a guy (Dr Z, who is an idiot always) talk about the "sleek, big pass-rushers" against our Big 5 set, how they'll drop into coverage and bring zone blitzes. News flash, Brett can recognize almost any blitz, or one of the 5 guys that are faster than Ware/Ellis will burn them deep.

Take that Ellis and Ware!!

Yes, Dallas. Please blitz during our Big-5. Watch any one of our 5 turn a 5 yard pass into a 50-yard gain, because there's nobody back there to tackle. Plus, did I mention we have some of the best blocking WRs in the NFL?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is it too early to be drinking?

In my old days I would say never.

My brother, now passed, used to say at 11:00 a.m. "it's 12:00 somewhere." So where ever he is right now I can tell you he's half way there by now being it's almost 3:30 my time.

Hmmm. Three and a half hours to butt kickin' time.

Pacnic, nail one down for me if you would. I miss a good cold beer once in awhile.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts