Big 5 = fun

FrozenTundra1979

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At one point I believe we ran the big 5 set 4 plays in a row, ending with the Donald Lee TD streaking down the middle of the field. Anyone else stand up off their couch with anticipation every time they see this formation? With some opportunistic defenses coming up in Detroit and Dallas, will we be seeing more of this formation and how much more?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The success of this formation shows that the O-line's pass blocking is way better than it was last year. The run blocking has lagged (but is getting better now!), but the pass blocking has been very good all season with the exception of that first game against the Eagles.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
The success of this formation shows that the O-line's pass blocking is way better than it was last year. The run blocking has lagged (but is getting better now!), but the pass blocking has been very good all season with the exception of that first game against the Eagles.

Very true. I didn't think of that. Yes, MM must trust the OL enough to call Big-5 plays. Even if we had the WR talent last year, we couldn't run 5 WR sets because Brett would get stomped. We've come a long way.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's only a few teams that can run 5WR sets. I think the Pats are one of them, but our 4/5 are better than their 4/5 IMO.

The reason it works so awesomely is because we have 5 legit NFL WR's on the field at the same time.

That makes for some sick mis-matches. Matchup Koren Robinson or James Jones or Ruvell Martin against any teams Nickel and Dime CBs and they will torch them all day.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can get a bit more depth on o-line ... what a team ... imagine rotate ur o-line like were rotating our d-line ... less injuries ... less fatigue ... better o-line ... wow ... i might be thinking wrong ...

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
There's only a few teams that can run 5WR sets. I think the Pats are one of them, but our 4/5 are better than their 4/5 IMO.

The reason it works so awesomely is because we have 5 legit NFL WR's on the field at the same time.

That makes for some sick mis-matches. Matchup Koren Robinson or James Jones or Ruvell Martin against any teams Nickel and Dime CBs and they will torch them all day.

Agreed - especially JJ against any #3 CB and K-Rob against any #4 CB. That's a mismatch. I love it when we have mismatches in our favor. :cool:

Members online

Latest posts