Better market to trade Flynn?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Lol at the Fitzgerald thing.

Why would they want to go from ****** quarterback + 1 of the NFL's best receivers to pretty good QB + ****** receivers? Pretty much a wash.

OP
OP
Big E

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a total Matt Flynn fanboy, which I totally am, but if we trade him get the draft pick and whatever the Packers would be without a soild back-up QB.

Please just tell me to shut up if I sound i like I don't know anything, because I probably don't.

No, you make a valid point. The thing is, it just seems like a waste if we have a good quarterback that just sits on the bench most of the time. I like Matt Flynn too, which is why I would like to see him get a chance to get a starting QB job somewhere (and get the Packers something in return). I think most of the decision on whether or not to trade Flynn would rest on the team's confidence in Graham Harrell. Harrell has had some time to get coached up and maybe he could become a solid back-up.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol at the Fitzgerald thing.

Why would they want to go from ****** quarterback + 1 of the NFL's best receivers to pretty good QB + ****** receivers? Pretty much a wash.

more like no QB and a great WR. But if you draft someone you might be looking at a couple years before he produces. You have to pay fitz money or he walks away. From their point of view they could get a starter in Flynn, grab an extra 1st (lets face it that team needs alot of work and any extra pick helps), and sign a good FA in the difference between Flynn and Fitz's contract.

A great WR is worthless without someone to throw to. Plus they have some decent WRs that you could get by on.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a total Matt Flynn fanboy, which I totally am, but if we trade him get the draft pick and whatever the Packers would be without a soild back-up QB.

Please just tell me to shut up if I sound i like I don't know anything, because I probably don't.

The market for Flynn is starter $. He will get paid starter money. It makes no sense for the packers to pay him starter money when that can go somewhere else.

Put a little trust in the system that we can bring along another QB.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did this idea start? I think it's intriguing to get Fitz (plus it would be awesome to keep him away from the Viqueens) but it's almost like it came from no where....(it was brought up on Kevin Seifert's Facebook page)

Once the CBA is in place i can see a team like the Dolphins trading for Flynn (the Fins want a 2nd round or late First to make up for the Brandon Marshall trade, if they got Flynn and our First, i be they would happily give up their 1st)

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you can get a 2nd I would move him. Rodgers is young and if he is as good as he looked (I doubt) he should get a chance at a starting job in the NFL. If they could move up in the 1st that would be amazing too, but TT can find talent anywhere in the first two rounds.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that worries me is Rodgers concussions, at least with Flynn on board, if AR goes down, we don't immediately suffer horrifically at the most important position on the field. If we do trade him though, I am not sure I want draft picks for him, I would rather a veteran (not old) OL or DE to just play his position well enough to allow our already young and established play makers to do what they do best.

I have always hated the idea of moving up spots by trading established players. You get rid of someone you know lots about and have invested time and money on developing, for what could be luck of the draw, you could get a Clay, or you could get a JaMarcus Russel...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that worries me is Rodgers concussions, at least with Flynn on board, if AR goes down, we don't immediately suffer horrifically at the most important position on the field. If we do trade him though, I am not sure I want draft picks for him, I would rather a veteran (not old) OL or DE to just play his position well enough to allow our already young and established play makers to do what they do best.

I have always hated the idea of moving up spots by trading established players. You get rid of someone you know lots about and have invested time and money on developing, for what could be luck of the draw, you could get a Clay, or you could get a JaMarcus Russel...

I trust TT enough that he would know what he is doing with a draft pick. He isnt Al Davis.

Remember though, Flynn is as good as gone after next season so we either get something for him now or nothing at all (maybe a compensation pick I guess but thats not a sure thing by any means)

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me if A-Rod goes down our season is basically out the window no matter what; rodgers does too much and that can't be repeated on a consistant basis. So as long as Harrell is decent and can step in for a game or two (like flynn did against the patriots) moving Flynn would be the right move. Also remember Flynn is not a sure thing, he looks lost sometimes when he comes in at the end of the game, and he had an entire half against the lions and couldn't get anything going.

VendettaXVIII

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should move him to the 49ers. They need a QB worse than almost every other team in the NFL and have a good enough pick to have us make a move. If not them the Titans (if they really want to move VY) and Cards seem like a good matches.

Calhoun Lambeau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Flynn is still under contract, and Aaron Rodgers just suffered through 2 concussions. I can't even fathom Ted Thompson making a deal for him this off-season. We have to have someone we feel comfortable with behind Rodgers first.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Just the fact that TT doesn't HAVE to trade Flynn means that any team interested is going to have to pay dearly.

Hence, I am optimistic that we will get more than we think for him...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts