Best victories and worst losses

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest wins in my lifetime as a Packer fan are here is the list.
1. Super bowl 45 win over the Steelers- Just a great game.
2. Super bowl 31 win over the Pats- Howard saved the day as well as Reggie sacking Bledsoe to save the day.
3. Divisional playoff win over Atlanta last season- That was the best I have ever seen the Packers play in a playoff game in my lifetime.
4. 1995 divisional playoff win over the 49ers- That was when you knew this team was going to be dominant for a long time.
5. 1997 NFC Championship win over 49ers- Unfortunately we didnt win it that year though.
6. Shutting out the Jets last season was something special and on the road.
7. 2003 wildcard win over the Seahawks- Most intense back and forth game that we won when Al Harris returned a pick for a TD to win in OT.
8. 2003 regular season beating the Bucs in Tampa turned our season around and that 99 yard drive that Favre orchestrated to win it for us 20-13.
9. 2004- Longwell kicking a game winning field goal at the buzzer to give us the division title.
10. 2007- Beating the Broncos in overtime, Favre to Jennings to win it on the first play of OT.

Worst losses
1. 2007 NFC Championship game vs the Giants- Favre throws pick then the Giants kick the game winning field goal to win it.
2. 2004- 4th and 26, nuff said.
3. Super bowl loss vs Denver.
4. The Catch 2 in 98 but Rice still fumbled!
5. I think it was in the Mid 90's but I remember being so upset when we lost to the Vikings 27-24 after Detmer threw a pick and they kicked the game winning field goal on the next play at the Metrodome.
6. It had to be in the early 90's when our cornerback decided to push the Vikings receiver out of bounds to stop the clock and we lost on another game winning field goal at the buzzer at the dome.
7. In 1997 I think when we lost to the Bucs in Tampa. I remember it was a Sunday night game when Jacke missed like three game winning field goals. I didnt sleep that night.
8. When we blew a huge fourth quarter lead against KC in 2003 I think and we lost in overtime at home. I was mad for a week.
9. The first Bears game in 2010 that we lost 20-17 because of 18 penalties.
10. When we lost to the Eagles on MNF at home when Ahman Green kept fumbling the entire game. I think it was 2002?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I would take the Super Bowl loss to Denver over the 2007 NFC Championship as for worst loss.
Seriously thinking back to that, I can't blame the entire 100% on Favre. He deserves half the blame, but statistically, he didn't have any help in that game to balance the attack when your offense has under 35 yards total rushing. We still don't know if we would have beat New England in that Super Bowl...That loss stings, but no way was it as humiliating as losing the Super Bowl and having to be reminded of it the entire year when they announced Denver as the "defending Super Bowl champions"

But the Broncos Super Bowl is the worst. We gave Elway his first ring and he didn't even have to put 200 passing yards to beat us. Favre was struggling against a better defense, in his prime. The ground game started to pick up with Dorsey, and Holmgren just went back to putting it all on his quarterback even though he was struggling in that game, and the defense couldn't do anything to contain Terrell Davis.

Also I have to say seeing the Bears shut them out in 2005 or 2004 or whenever, that loss really hurt me, cause before that I had never seen this team get shut out.

D

Dan115

Biggest wins:
Ice Bowl win
1965 playoff victory over the colts
Super Bowl over Pats
Super Bowl over Pitt

Losses:
Super Bowl loss to Denver
Playoff loss to Phily 4th and 26
2007 Overtime loss to NY
2012 NY loss
1963 loss to dabears in Nov
1962 lions Thanksgiving

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of great games on these lists. Somewhere I would try to find a spot for the 1989 Majik man over-the-line game versus the Bears. It epitomized the 1989 Cardiac Pack and was probably the crowning achievement of the under-achieving Lindy Infante years. In my mind, they watched the replay of Majkowski's throw for about half an hour before making a decision. The drama of waiting for the decision made it so memorable.

Another greatest loss might be the 1997 loss to the "mighty" Indianapolis Colts. The Packers were defending Super Bowl champions and looking impressive at 8-2. The hapless Colts were 0-10 until they edged the Packers 41-38 to notch their first victory of the season. The Packers didn't lose again until the Super Bowl but that was a bitter loss. We should not have lost that game.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Ok, I am not going to be able to be objective with my top picks here. Been and emotional year.
The Best
SB XLV Screaming in the streets
2012 opener against saints Awesome last second stop and I was there.
2012 San Diego Game, Packer Nation made Qualcomm Lambeau west for the day. Rivers had to go to a silent count in his own stadium. Packers had home field advantage. Interception sealed the game,another exciting end.
December 23 2003 the day after he whose name cannot be spoken's father dies. 399 yards and 4 touchdowns what an emotional night. whatever he threw up his receivers caught.

The worst
two weeks ago
FACEMASK!!!!!!!!!!!
2007 NFCCG
4th and 26

Wetwilly600

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the ones you said.
The one i will never forget and maybe that's because i moved to MN when i was in middle school and got a lot of crap when the vikings beat the pack, but freeman's juggled, bounced off his shoulder when he was on the ground and got back up and basically walked it in while they watched was awesome!

worst:
2007 championship
this years divisional game (I was there)

D

Dan115

All the ones you said.
The one i will never forget and maybe that's because i moved to MN when i was in middle school and got a lot of crap when the vikings beat the pack, but freeman's juggled, bounced off his shoulder when he was on the ground and got back up and basically walked it in while they watched was awesome!

worst:
2007 championship
this years divisional game (I was there)

I was at Freeman's game.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't stress enough how much I wish Brett's last pass a Packer wasn't that interception, but instead a completion that sent us to the Super Bowl.

I know a lot of us (my self included) didn't like how Brett turned out towards the end of his Packer's career...but the man was literally the QB of my team my whole life, until 2008. He made for some bad memories, but made for much, much more good memories, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rodgers, as denoted by my sig below. I wouldn't trade anything for the Super Bowl win last year. However, my dream would have been for Favre to win the NFCC vs. NY, beat the snot out of those cheating Patriots and then retire into the sunset on the highest note possible. I bet we would be much more forgiving of him nowdays had that been the outcome. Then, ofcourse in 2010 we do it again with Rodgers just like we did, with nothing changed. My dream outcome.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The second post was NOT ME!! My wife likes to sneak around behind me when I get up to do something and post stupid stuff on forums and in WoW and what not. Sorry all.... working on having her institutionalized.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts