Best trades in packer history

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The article missed the "trade" of a second round pick to the 49ers for Holmgren.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess you give credit to Starr for getting Lynn ****ey, but the cost to the Packers was too steep. Devine's trade for Hadl for 5 draft picks killed any chance of Starr fielding a decent team for years. Then, we give up another 2 picks to the Oilers when we unload Hadl for ****ey--one of which became Steve Largent. So, 7 draft picks (2 no. 1s, 2 no. 2s, 2 no. 3s, and a number 4) cancels acquiring Lynn ****ey imo.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Extending the list out beyond the top 5, I'd throw in the 2nd round pick traded in 1995 for Keith Jackson. One of the few good Mike Sherman moves as a GM was trading his 2nd round pick in 2003 for Al Harris. Another good move was Thompson trading his 6th round pick in 2008 to get Ryan Grant in 2007. That trade sparked a running game and had us one careless INT away from another Super Bowl. Honorable mention but I'll throw in Ron Wolf's move in 1992, trading away his 6th round pick for tackle Tootie Robbins. Tootie was no HOF player by any stretch of the imagination, but he helped those early 1990s teams succeed and corrected to the Tony Mandarich blunder.

Members online

Latest posts