Best Solution I Could Think Of ...

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best solution i would think of would be trade AR ... get some good quality player for him ONLY IF Brett could guarantee us 2-3 more years just enough for Brohm to learn like rogers got the chance too

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you think the guy who has waffled for six years and changed his mind several times in this off-season alone is going to "guarantee" us 2-3 years? And that if he did, that guarantee would actually mean anything?

Sorry I'm getting sarcastic. I need to take a break from this site. There's nothing wrong with your post. I just don't think your suggestion would work.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best solution i would think of would be trade AR ... get some good quality player for him ONLY IF Brett could guarantee us 2-3 more years just enough for Brohm to learn like rogers got the chance too
This is a good plan. Ted needs to use this plan.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Sorry I'm getting sarcastic. I need to take a break from this site. There's nothing wrong with your post. I just don't think your suggestion would work.

Good advice. Time to watch the Crew.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK....say Brett says yes to that idea.
Then he loses "it" this year, and ends up sucking. Then what? We then have NO ONE that can step in.

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about you tell Rodgers and Favre to man up and compete for the position. It's not a negative to have two starting caliber QBs on the same roster. If their egos are too sensitive to even contemplate competing for the starting job, then I don't have much faith in either of them bringing another Superbowl to Green Bay.

Personally, I'd love to see Favre back, but he retired and in doing so passed the reins to Rodgers. Now that he wants to come back, he has to compete and prove that he deserves to be the starter again. You want the best team on the field at all times. Unless Favre doesn't think he's as good as Rodgers, I don't know what the problem is. Come back and prove yourself.

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BT - You've summed up exactly how I feel about his whole scenario. Brett, if you want it back, come and get it.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bt_impaler said:
How about you tell Rodgers and Favre to man up and compete for the position. It's not a negative to have two starting caliber QBs on the same roster. If their egos are too sensitive to even contemplate competing for the starting job, then I don't have much faith in either of them bringing another Superbowl to Green Bay.

Personally, I'd love to see Favre back, but he retired and in doing so passed the reins to Rodgers. Now that he wants to come back, he has to compete and prove that he deserves to be the starter again. You want the best team on the field at all times. Unless Favre doesn't think he's as good as Rodgers, I don't know what the problem is. Come back and prove yourself.

Nah, its better to place all your eggs in one basket. Rodgers has plenty of experience. Almost 60 pass attempts already. More than enough to shut the door on a HOF qb who almost got us to the superbowl last year. Who the hell does Fav-re think he is anyway to change his mind. He thinks he's special i guess.

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be the best solution yet. It is from Railbird Central.

Thinking out loud

There could be one scenario where Brett Favre can peaceably come back to the Packers.

Of course, the biggest obstacle to that possibility is the development of Aaron Rodgers. Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports:

According to one of the sources, if Favre comes back, the Packers will lose Aaron Rodgers, Favre's presumptive successor, for good. There is no way after three years as a backup and a fourth as a spurned starter, that he will re-sign with the Packers when his contract is up after 2009. His spirit will be broken and his bitterness will be hard to deny.
What if the Packers agree to a long term extension with Rodgers right now? Before the season begins, give him a nice reasonable contract extension that would make him happy to play back up for one more season. It would show the Packers' faith in him, but it also lets Favre play quarterback for one more year. The key stipulation would have to be one more year maximum probably.

The Packers could also do a little college-style juggling of quarterbacks to give Rodgers a little experience. No one here is advocating a true 50/50 platoon of the quarterback position, but the Packers could conceivably let Rodgers play a series here and a series there. Let's say Rodgers gets to play one series in each half. For example, Rodgers will get to play late in the first quarter and late in the third quarter of every game.

He's not starting, so he doesn't break Favre's streak. Favre holds almost every record known to man, so he's not preventing him from breaking some huge record. And Rodgers gets some P.T. in the process.

Let's just chalk this whole scenario up to thinking out loud. These are just a few things that went through my mind in the wake of yesterday's news. I'm not necessarily pushing for Favre to come back to Green Bay just yet. I want to let things sink in a little bit more first.

But it's an interesting idea, isn't it?
Posted by Brian Carriveau at 9:07 AM

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
bt_impaler said:

Nah, its better to place all your eggs in one basket. Rodgers has plenty of experience. Almost 60 pass attempts already. More than enough to shut the door on a HOF qb who almost got us to the superbowl last year. Who the hell does Fav-re think he is anyway to change his mind. He thinks he's special i guess.

Favre is special. He's a first ballot HOF QB who had his best season in years. But he also retired and in doing so relinquished his position. Now he wants to come back after the Packers have been preparing Rodgers as the starting QB. Again, I welcome it. But he has to come in and prove his greatness. I see this as an opportunity to add to his legacy, but instead he's tarnishing it by seemingly being needy and wanting to be coddled. I hope this is all a misunderstanding, but that's how it looks as of now.

NFL_GEEK

Cheesehead
Reaction score

either way it's still screw up in the ***!

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bt_impaler said:

Too logical, It wouldn't make sense to actually COMPETE for a job.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bt_impaler said:

You actually think They can compete and there wont be a riot afterwards?

Favre wins - "he just got it cuz hes favre, they coddle him!"
Rodgers wins - "he didnt really win, they gave him the job cuz TT drafted him."

You seem to live in this ideal world where the reality of ******** doesnt exist. Id love to live there.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Isn't that what's happening now?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

not....at all. You might think its rodgers time cuz TT drafted him, but its rodgers time cuz ...they moved on cuz their previous QB retired, hinted at coming back but got cold feet, and wont go down that road again.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
tromadz said:

not....at all. You might think its rodgers time cuz TT drafted him, but its rodgers time cuz ...they moved on cuz their previous QB retired, hinted at coming back but got cold feet, and wont go down that road again.

Um, that's the same thing. The so-called "Favre-Firsters" think Brett was ran out because of Ted's Ego

The, I guess so-called "TT supporters" think Favre crossed the line.

Who's right doesn't matter, The fact is it has divided fans, which is the exact same thing your scenario would do.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dd80forever said:
tromadz said:

Um, that's the same thing. The so-called "Favre-Firsters" think Brett was ran out because of Ted's Ego

Who's right doesn't matter, The fact is it has divided fans, which is the exact same thing your scenario would do.

I'm sort of in between of that. I think Brett Favre dug his own grave, but didn't really cross the point of no return, yet. I do think thought that Aaron deserves his chance to start and take the reigns.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dd80forever said:
tromadz said:

I think alot of this problem is because of Favre's ego.
He OWNED the starting job, and gave it up willingly. If he really wanted it, there was NOTHING TT could have done to stop him, EXCEPT trade him. Which wouldn't have happened, as Favre was welcomed back. Favre himself backed out when the Packers first accepted him coming out of retirement. If Favre quit because he didn't like TT, or whatever, he himself chose to walk away. He had all the cards in his hand, and he willingly gave them up and the control he had of his own destiny in this. Now it's not in his hands anymore, and people don't want to put any of the responsibility for this on him.
I say let him come in and compete for the starting role. If he's still that good, he should have no trouble beating out Rodgers, so what does he have to lose?

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see any other way out of this except allow them to compete for starter. I also like the idea of giving Rodgers a long term contract to insure he stays put if Favre wins the starting position (which he most likely will.). Also Rodgers should be able to play several series every half at least. Rogers should play most of the very cold whether games.(Let's face it...Favre was bad in frigid weather last season.)

If Favre goes to another team we will face him during the season. Even if we trade him to someone like the Falcons or Dolphins like I advocated earlier what's to stop them from trading him to an NFC North opponent?
The Packers will be the bad guys no matter if we loose against him or win against him. I hate to say it but we have to bring him back as QB IMO. We also need to put a gag order on him. Shut the hell up and play. If you do one interview you don't play the next game. If your family opens their big mouths to the press about anything then you don't play. If that moron of an agent you have says one word concerning the Packers then you don't play. Just play and be happy and take us as far as you can.

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
bt_impaler said:

You actually think They can compete and there wont be a riot afterwards?

You seem to live in this ideal world where the reality of ******** doesnt exist. Id love to live there.

THere already is a riot. But at the very least by bringing Favre in and allowing competition for the job (which, I might add, I think the Packers are pretty much already doing) you then put the best player at QB to lead the team and compete for the Superbowl. All Favre has to do is suck it up, return, and give it his all.

As pissed as I am with Favre and his indecisiveness and needy behavior, I still think he's better than Rodgers. I like Rodgers (albeit ten times more when he had the badass long hair and moustache) but the only thing Rodgers has proven is that he's made of glass.

Outside of the scenario I proposed, the only way out is trading him to a non-threatening opponent. Unconditional release would be suicide. Anyone saying Brett has earned that is foolishly naive and doesn't care about the success of the Packers as an organization.

Members online

Latest posts