Best restaurant in GB?

XLIV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife and I are planning our first trip to GB soon. What is the nicest restaurant for a Friday night? Looking for where you would go for an anniversary, etc. Thanks!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Eve's on the east side of the river in Allouez
Union Hotel in DePere
Rivers Bend in Howard
Victorias on the NE side by UWGB

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've ate at most. My favorite is still the Prime Quarter. You pick out and grill your own steak, or for a couple extra bucks they will grill it for you. Very reasonably priced and I have never left there hungry.

PACKERFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rivers Bend is a classic old school place. Good food, fun bar.
Angelina's is a small Itilian place downtown. Good food

The BEST place is Republic Chop House. Newer, upscale, great food--Expensive though.

OP
OP
X

XLIV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the advice. I did get reservations at the republic chop house. Will check out the others as well.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I've ate at most. My favorite is still the Prime Quarter. You pick out and grill your own steak, or for a couple extra bucks they will grill it for you. Very reasonably priced and I have never left there hungry.
Never could get over the idea of going out to eat and having to cook my own food. My Grandma would not even do buffet. She wanted her food brought to her otherwise she'd rather get it from her own fridge.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you've ever worked in a restaurant, or for you Cheeseheads, a "Supper Club", you just might prefer to pick out your own steak and cook it yourself. Just saying...

Never have had a complaint about the quality of the food, or the way it was prepared...

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
If you've ever worked in a restaurant, or for you Cheeseheads, a "Supper Club", you just might prefer to pick out your own steak and cook it yourself. Just saying...

Never have had a complaint about the quality of the food, or the way it was prepared...

The draw, to some folks, is the group activity and comaraderie of roasting the beast. I personally lean toward the "being served" option as it gets too dang hot over those coals & ruins my occasional good hair days.
(BTW...LOL on the "Supper Club" thing. It wasn't until recently that I discovered this is a Wisconsin-ism)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the union hotel in Depere. I know you asked for GB but I consider them one in the same.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The draw, to some folks, is the group activity and comaraderie of roasting the beast. I personally lean toward the "being served" option as it gets too dang hot over those coals & ruins my occasional good hair days.
(BTW...LOL on the "Supper Club" thing. It wasn't until recently that I discovered this is a Wisconsin-ism)
Down here in MS. there's a retaurant called Kubla Kahns. Of course it's Mongolian food. They give you a bowl & you put whatever raw meat &/or any other uncooked food in the bowl then ad whatever spices or seasonings you wish & they cook it for you. Been there once & it was pretty good.it cost about $10-12 per person & it's an all u can eat

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Green Bay we have the same thing only it's called Hu Hot. And it's very good.

(And much better than bd's at Bayshore or Stir Crazy in Illinois, both similar concepts).

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a "best sandwich" show on TV the other day. They showcased Kroll's West near the stadium, for their beef sandwich. Looked very good. I may have to stop there for lunch when I'm up in Titletown.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a problem with the owner.
alot of people do but I heard that during the season it's busy as it gets. Majority is probably Favre faithfuls. I'm not as big a fan of Favre as I used to be but I'm not one to hold a grudge for a long time either

D

Dan115

alot of people do but I heard that during the season it's busy as it gets. Majority is probably Favre faithfuls. I'm not as big a fan of Favre as I used to be but I'm not one to hold a grudge for a long time either

He seems to hold a grudge for a long time.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately yes he does. It's only hurting himself the longer he holds it

ro.ke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hahaha. Im visiting this weekend and very excited to visit Brett Favre Steak house on Saturday night. Once a Packer, always a packer. Unless your Suh.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
My wife and I are planning our first trip to GB soon. What is the nicest restaurant for a Friday night? Looking for where you would go for an anniversary, etc. Thanks!

This is an old post, but in case someone might be looking anyway, I'd recommend The Wellington on Hanson Rd. I remember back-in-the-day, they had a dress code (ties for instance) but that's been changed. Hell, nobody wears ties to church anymore, much less to dinner.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
This is an old post, but in case someone might be looking anyway, I'd recommend The Wellington on Hanson Rd. I remember back-in-the-day, they had a dress code (ties for instance) but that's been changed. Hell, nobody wears ties to church anymore, much less to dinner.
I own maybe two ties. I've worn one in the past 5 years. I think I have enough fingers for all the times in the past 20. Typically a funeral of someone I respect or well liked family member. My personal token of affection.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I own maybe two ties. I've worn one in the past 5 years. I think I have enough fingers for all the times in the past 20. Typically a funeral of someone I respect or well liked family member. My personal token of affection.

I wear the damned things every frickin' working day of my life. Right now, I'm in gray sweats and a '96 NFC Championship ballcap. Haven't shaved since Friday morning ... you get the idea. :)

Members online

Latest posts