Best Player in 2010 Draft Class

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion it's Eric Berry. And the amazing thing is he probably won't go in the top 5. I've seen mocks having him slip to #9. Because the top pickers in the draft have much bigger needs than a Safety/Corner (Berry can certainly play both). Who do you guys think is the best player in the upcoming Draft Class?

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either Berry or Suh. Suh has shown his explosiveness on the line and he just dominates games. Berry has shown he's an all-around great safety. Can lay the lumber and can cover very well. CJ Spiller could be good or he could be another Reggie Bush.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Suh. Simply the most complete DT i've seen come out in a long time. He can do it all.

I also think Dez Bryant is going to be one hell of a player. I think people forget he's alive because he got himself suspended. He's got all the tools to be great.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Suh, which team did he play for?

Can you post me some stats to look at please
Nebraska

12 sacks from the DT position. 82 tackles. And even though those are brilliant stats, i'm still not sure they do him justice.

(I had a stats table in here, but the forum keeps effing it up)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ndamukong Suh by miles. Then Eric Barry.

Barry reminds of Ed Reed, is an awesome S. But Suh is Warren Sap, better at run support. He could be the second coming of Joe mean Green.

On offense, it's Clausen. I'm a ND fan, and have complained about him a lot, but Clausen reminds me of Aaron Rodgers, with his care of the ball, his deep ball precision and his clutchness in third downs. And Tebow, I belive will be very sucessful with the Jaguars...

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this looks like a unaminous decision...I say Ndamukong Suh, then probably Eric Berry. Suh has great speed for his size and his 12 sacks from the tackle position is incredible.

I have to say I'm very disappointed in the quarterback class this year. I don't think Tim Tebow is going to be a pro-style quarterback, Sam Bradford's injuries I think will loom on all of our minds and on his. I dont think Colt McCoy, especially after watching him last night, will be a good NFL quarterback. I see Colt McCoy in college as a system quarterback, even though his system doesn't cause him to throw for 5,000+ yards and 50+ td's I think Texas pads his stats.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this looks like a unaminous decision...I say Ndamukong Suh, then probably Eric Berry. Suh has great speed for his size and his 12 sacks from the tackle position is incredible.

I have to say I'm very disappointed in the quarterback class this year. I don't think Tim Tebow is going to be a pro-style quarterback, Sam Bradford's injuries I think will loom on all of our minds and on his. I dont think Colt McCoy, especially after watching him last night, will be a good NFL quarterback. I see Colt McCoy in college as a system quarterback, even though his system doesn't cause him to throw for 5,000+ yards and 50+ td's I think Texas pads his stats.
That's why Jimmy Clausen is considered the top qb. 3,772 yards, 8.76 avg, 68% completions, and an astonishing 28 tds to 4 ints, all in a pro-style offense, playing from the I-formation, not from the shotgun most of the time, is incredible. He had great weapons, but a terrible, Packers-first-half-of-the-season like OL. And he has progressed tremenduosly each year he has played.

And forget the fact that he's a rookie. WalterFootball.com: The NFL Matt Draft - Matt McGuire's NFL Draft Blog

I believe, despite Suh being the best prospect, given Marc Bulger's status, and the value of a franchise QB, that Clausen will be the #1 overall pick.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say Suh. The guy is a monster and a nightmare......for the opposing teams offense. If the Packers could get this guy.......(but it ain't gonna happen).........''

I am sure the Packer Fans would be jumping up and down.......screaming for joy!

Attachments

• beavisbutthead.gif
    beavisbutthead.gif
    84.5 KB · Views: 242

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eric Berry. In 5 years it wont even be close. But this draft might be a top 10 of all time if your talking talent. Berry has put up better numbers than woodson did in college. As far as any ND Qbs go, when was the last 1 to live up to any hype? Montana?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eric Berry. In 5 years it wont even be close. But this draft might be a top 10 of all time if your talking talent. Berry has put up better numbers than woodson did in college. As far as any ND Qbs go, when was the last 1 to live up to any hype? Montana?
Montana didn't have hype coming out of college. Douches like McShay thought he was too short, that his arm wasn't big enough...

First of all, you need to remember that ND has been mediocre for quite some time.

The last guy to be highly regarded coming out of ND was Quinn, which I still think can play in the NFL.

But Quinn didn't have half the sucess, or the talent Clausen displayed, IN A PRO-STYLE OFFENSE. That is just so critical, that he has performed tremenduously well, in a pro-style offense.

He's the most ready QB to come out of college that I can remember.

With him, you know you'll get a guy that'll be your franchise QB. It's a guarantee.

If he's going to develop into a perennial pro-bowler, that's still to be seen. But you simply won't get a bust with Clausen, and that's nearly an impossible thing to say regarding Draft QBs...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdLvtOxK5Ws"]YouTube - QB Jimmy Clausen Highlights/Lowlights 2009 Notre Dame Part 2[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUpkttWewhI"]YouTube - QB Jimmy Clausen Highlights/Lowlights 2009 Notre Dame Part 1[/ame]

Take a look at the vids, see if his deep ball doesn't remind you of a certain #12 that plays in the midwest... He reminds me SO MUCH of Aaron Rodgers. Inconsistant accuracy on short to medium throws, but getting better each game, really fast balls (though Clausen's are slower), GREAT deep ball accuracy, and an uncanny ability to protect the football, while being able to score plenty.

And on another issue, that #3 is one of the best receivers I've seen coming out of college. A lot of similarities with Larry Fitzgerald...

Golden Tate is a beast, but Floyd is the typical #1 receiver.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say that he does have impressive mechanics, and he can really make plays outside of the pocket. But a lot of that was good protection and his receivers. Many of those deep throws were just hung out there and poor corner/safety play + great wide receivers shows. However he is certainly the MOST pro-ready quarterback, and should go ahead of Sam Bramford imo.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say that he does have impressive mechanics, and he can really make plays outside of the pocket. But a lot of that was good protection and his receivers. Many of those deep throws were just hung out there and poor corner/safety play + great wide receivers shows. However he is certainly the MOST pro-ready quarterback, and should go ahead of Sam Bramford imo.
Great receivers, I'll give you that.

But you clearly didn't watch any ND game to say he had good protection.

ND's line was similar to the Packers' line pre Tauscher, Clifton and Wells coming back...

Awful.

But with Clausen is the film + pro-style offense + production.

It's the combination. I actually think Bradford may be more talented, but I can't affirm he'll suceed in the NFL, and don't know how much of it was scheme.

Weiss is a GREAT QB coach and play designer, but his scheme is hard to pull, specially at college level. It took Clausen 3 years to master it. But when he did, the results were astonishing...

Members online

Latest posts