Best Play Of The Game - Divisional Game

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure that Rodgers-to-Cook is the consensus winner, but this six yard run by Ty to the edge was phenomenal since Aaron never had it and Ty never looked:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mongoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many great plays but crosby back to back 50+ fgs rank 1 for me. Watching it again gives me chills and goose bumps. Too bad this didnt happen in green bay!

Btw that play, rod to ty handoff, was rather amusing. Ty felt the ball and muscle memory kicked in. Rod to rich was a good one too. Smart playby rod and rich to continue the play

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm sure that Rodgers-to-Cook is the consensus winner, but this six yard run by Ty to the edge was phenomenal since Aaron never had it and Ty never looked:

The Packers were extremely lucky that play didn't result in a fumble.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the sack on Rodgers where he didn't fumble Was the play of the game. If he fumbles there The Dallas player standing right there scoops it up and scores...game over we lose another heart breaker. I thank God that wasn't the case or else I may have jumped into the lake with cement shoes.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrible blitz pickup by Montgomery on the hit after he had just run a beautiful screen for 17 yards. As I watched a replay of the sack, while Rodgers didn't feel the sack coming he miraculously brought his non-throwing hand back onto the ball a split second before the hit. I think that he was bringing his hand up to make a throw to the right sideline.

Luckily we had two timeouts available on this drive.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mason Crosby kicked 3 game winners.

And Rodgers LOVES these last chance plays with 20 yards to go. 3rd and 20 yesterday. 4th and 20 from his own 5 yard line against the Cardinals.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Mason Crosby kicked 3 game winners.

And Rodgers LOVES these last chance plays with 20 yards to go. 3rd and 20 yesterday. 4th and 20 from his own 5 yard line against the Cardinals.
But by completing the 3rd and 20, we'll never know if Arodg can throw it 80 yards for a hail rodgers. :unsure:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
best play or favorite play? Best is hard to say since there were so many great ones that had a huge impact. Any one of them going the other way and we could be watching another game from Dallas next weekend. Favorite I'd have to say the Hyde pick but the Cobb sideline catch was up there.

D

Deleted member 6794

But by completing the 3rd and 20, we'll never know if Arodg can throw it 80 yards for a hail rodgers. :unsure:

Rodgers would have most likely hit the jumbotron if he had to try a Hail Mary from the Packers own 32.

H

HardRightEdge

In all aspects of life, luck is an underrated factor in success.

Yes, there's that play that could have been easily gone horribly wrong. Was St. Vince guiding that ball too? ;) Then there was the Rodgers sack that could have easily been a strip sack. That defender has looked at that tape and is kicking himself.

There's that kismet feeling like 2010, isn't there? 2 games to go....

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Indoors it wouldn't shock me if he could. I mean this dude threw a 58 yd Hail Mary fading away rolling to his left off his back foot.
I think it was the one in Detroit he threw 73 yards. Dude can air it out when he needs to.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like the Hyde pick. Anything else happen on that play and they are probably scoring 6. Trying to pick 1 when so many clutch, fluky and big plays happened is hard to do.
I read that Hyde and Gunter recognized the Dallas pick play immediately. Hyde was thinking about breaking on it when Gunter yelled to him "Go get it." And he did

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that Hyde and Gunter recognized the Dallas pick play immediately. Hyde was thinking about breaking on it when Gunter yelled to him "Go get it." And he did

Link? It was obviously great preparation and a great read but would be nice to see what they actually said about it afterwards.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had to dig through my internet history but found it: http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...ydes-interception-rooted-film-study/96628442/

"They’ve shown on film they do a run solution," Hyde said after the game. "They read the box and from there they get in that (wide receiver) stack. The first guy blocks; the second guy comes back for the ball. I was telling Ha Ha (Clinton-Dix) pregame if they run that, I’m going."
But the Packers' film study was so thorough that Hyde was not alone in recognizing the play. Cornerback LaDarius Gunter, who shadowed Bryant all day, communicated with Hyde before the snap and encouraged him to jump the route."(He) saw it just like I did," Hyde said. "Right before the ball was snapped he said, ‘Go get it!’ and I was already thinking. Gunt saw it and said, ‘Go get it,’ and that’s all I did.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The interesting part of that follow-up by Hyde is that maybe he saw the play coming but would have merely defensed it well normally. With another player confirming the diagnosis and encouraging him to make a bold play, he went for it. One might need to give as much credit to Gunter if that's the case. He was on the hook to cover to WRs if they were wrong.

Members online

Latest posts