Best Place to sit at Lambeau field

AussiePackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am coming to America at t he beginning of the 2010 season and really hoping for a home game in the first few weeks so i can come and experience it.

What i was just wondering is, is there like a section where the hardcore fans sit (like the raiders have "the blackhole") or if not where do people suggest is the best place to experience a NFL game?

This will be my first time to America and want to make the most of going to see the Packers play so any other suggestions would be appreciated :)

charlotte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hi back at ya and wishes to you for a great trip.

It's been my experience that there is no bad seat in Lambeau except the luxury boxes. This is a personal preference. I want to be in a among the crowd, not in a box where I'm looking through glass and have no different feeling than if I were sitting in my livingroom watching it on TV.

The whole bowl is Packer fans...with a smattering of opposition people.

So no...there is no black hole or dog pound - the whole stadium is your playground!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were going and had a choice I'd like to be in the front row at one of the end zones for a chance to greet a player doing the Lambeau Leap!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Definitely sit in the bowl. Don't sit in a luxury box. You don't experience Lambeau in the boxes. Sit outside. Sit amongst the fans. Find someplace to tailgate before the game. There is a vacant lot directly south of the stadium that is owned by the Packers that I go to every Sunday. You will enjoy yourself anywhere you sit in the bowl.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
tailgate tundra zone 5 dollars gets you in??

tents, tv, food drinks (a regular bar with all you want) with other games on if the Packers is a late game

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Doesn't matter as long as you're in the bowl. Every seat in the bowl has an equally great view.

If you're from Australia, you're probably not used to cold weather.. If you want the real Frozen Tundra experience, plan for a game that isn't a Gold Package game... Taking nothing from the Milwaukee fans, I just love the Green Bay fans more :) .. and go to a game later in the season like late November or December! Pack warm clothes! Keep us updated.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Google Maps

This is the best place to tailgate if you can't get in the lot in my opinion. Its a vacant lot at the end of Stadium Dr. where it meets June Ln, just north of Skyline Park. Its a lot owned by the Packers with lots of porta-pottys and hot coal disposal. Also its got the feel of being in the parking lot because its in the shadow of the stadium. I've never had a bad time tailgating there. There are always lots of hardcore fans around you. Great time.

Tim S.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely sit in the bowl. Don't sit in a luxury box. You don't experience Lambeau in the boxes. Sit outside. Sit amongst the fans. Find someplace to tailgate before the game. There is a vacant lot directly south of the stadium that is owned by the Packers that I go to every Sunday. You will enjoy yourself anywhere you sit in the bowl.

I was wondering if that lot was still open after the Packers bought it. How much does it cost to park now, it use to be $20.00. The last few years I've parked in the vistor bureau lot next to the armed forces memorial for $25.00.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I was wondering if that lot was still open after the Packers bought it. How much does it cost to park now, it use to be $20.00. The last few years I've parked in the vistor bureau lot next to the armed forces memorial for $25.00.

You can definitely still park there. I parked there for three games this year. I've been going there for a few years now, and unfortunately the price goes up every year. It was 35.00 this year, up from 25 last year, up from 20, which is what it used to be. Its not the cheapest spot, but if I'm not in the parking lot, its my favorite spot to be.

Tim S.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am coming to America at t he beginning of the 2010 season and really hoping for a home game in the first few weeks so i can come and experience it.

What i was just wondering is, is there like a section where the hardcore fans sit (like the raiders have "the blackhole") or if not where do people suggest is the best place to experience a NFL game?

This will be my first time to America and want to make the most of going to see the Packers play so any other suggestions would be appreciated :)

Aussie,

I personally go in Mid-October of the year so the weather could be warm or maybe cool (50's degrees). I have offically did the frozen tundra a couple of years ago in December. 4 degrees above at 8:00 am, post game temperture 14 degrees above. I don't need to do it anymore give me Late September through October. In reference to the seating, there is no bad seat. Just reminder this... The seating is bench seating like at high schools. Another reason to go when it's warmer, you get more use of the seat with less clothing on. Good Luck and Welcome to States Mate! Cooo Weee.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Fact: My Aunt told me she once saw a lady pee right in the middle of the game. Not in the bathroom, mind you, but in her seat. Pulled her pants down and just went for it.

Is that common? :lol:

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that anywhere in the bowl is a good seat. Make sure you take time to see the Packers Hall of Fame when you're here--it's the best in the league. And I suggest just walking around the stadium and checking out all the tailgating. People are super friendly up here and you'll be in for lot of free beer when your fellow Packers fans find out that you just came from down under to see your team. Good on ya, mate!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Fact: My Aunt told me she once saw a lady pee right in the middle of the game. Not in the bathroom, mind you, but in her seat. Pulled her pants down and just went for it.

Is that common? :lol:

Sure is. I do it all the time. Unzip....pee on the cement in front of me.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Well when ya gotta go ya gotta go.
And ya don't wanna miss any of the action. Right?

Yeah, its perfect. Plus the guy in front of me is cool with it. Also I hate going to the mens room. Especially when its cold out. Standing in the 90 degree mens room when you are wearing like 7 layers of clothing is horrible.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take the tour of course. hit up some of the bars that are famous packer bars. Make sure you tell everyone your an aussie, they will go out of your way to make your trip worth it and go that extra step to show you something cool. Walk around the stadium the day of the game and get a feel of the neighborhood and the excitement. Keep us updated on what game your going to and maybe a few of us from this forum can meet up.

OP
OP
AussiePackersFan

AussiePackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey,

Finally the schedule has been released and i know which game i will be going to. the first home game of the season! I am staying in America for an extra week so i can see them play at home not in Philly.

really excited about it but i dont know what im gonna do about tickets, when do people usually start selling them??

Thanks for the information guys, really appreciate it,, i have been thinking of doing the packers fan tours thing so everything is taken care of but what is everyone's thoughts on those?? would it be best if i just went it alone away from tours??

Members online

Latest posts