Best Packer playoff Win in Franchise History

L

Lunchboxer

I gotta make something to ligten to mood around here. And the Heartbreaking Loss is still trendy on here. So I gotta combat that.

What is your favorite Packer Playoff History.

Mine would be the 2010-2011 NFC Title game in Chicago. That game was just amazing all around. To go to the super bowl in Chicago and get The George Hallas Trophy in Solder Field is great.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of us growing up during the Glorious 60's, it has to be the Ice Bowl. Greatest game in NFL history as far as I'm concerned.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of us growing up during the Glorious 60's, it has to be the Ice Bowl. Greatest game in NFL history as far as I'm concerned.
It had everything:

• Legendary players
  • A legenedary coach
  • Last minute heroics
  • Character: the obscene cold made it a legendary game on its own
  • The Packers won

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My top three picks in order:

21-17 1967 NFL Championship Game (Ice Bowl) win over the Cowboys at Lambeau Field

37-0 1961 NFL Championship Game win over the Giants at New City Stadium

21-14 2010 NFC Championship Game win over Bears at Soldier Field

packnutt

'97 Shareholder
Reaction score
Without a doubt the 2010 NFCCG.

Before the game I told my girlfriend to beat them on their home field would mean more to me than a SB win.
It's close but I still feel that way.

The Bears still suck.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It had everything:

• Legendary players
  • A legenedary coach
  • Last minute heroics
  • Character: the obscene cold made it a legendary game on its own
  • The Packers won

I hope that the exact wording above will be able to describe the 2010 NFCCG! Maybe the cold wasn't as epic as the Ice Bowl but overcoming crappy Soldier Field conditions certainly was! :)

green19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. NFC Championship vs Bears 2010
2. Divisional round vs. Atlanta 2010
3. Wild card vs Seattle 2003
4. Divisional round vs Seattle 2007

Reaction score
My favorite was the 2010 Falcon game.. The Bear game went down as my personal choice for best playoff win since it was for the George Halas trophy in the Bears home... The Bears playoff game in 2010 was WAY too stressful and close/sloppy to be my favorite though.. I have to say though, Sam Shields 2 picks and Raji's dance at the end to seal the deal are so memorable from that game.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just as challenging:
1) The 1962 championship. Pack 16-7 over the Giants.Virtually as tough as the ICE BOWL because it was on the road and the winds were blowing continually up to 40 mph. It was impossible to pass the ball down field. So it was a street fight in the trenches. Kramer kicks 3 FGs. Nitschke has his hand in 2 fumbles. Taylor carries the ball over 30 times, his tongue is bleeding, he gets pneumonia within the next few weeks. The Giants are trying to stomp him every play but he scores our only TD. Willie Wood gets kicked out. Willie Davis hits Tittle and forces an INT. Giants announcers were in awe of our defense.

2) 1965 playoff against Baltimore. Starr gets leveled on the first play as the Colts score. I thought we were doomed. We are down 10-0 at half even though the Colts are playing their 3rd string QB. Bratkowski drives us down for 3 scores including the OT FG by Chandler. 13-10 Pack

3) 1966 championship in Dallas. 34-27 Pack. All we heard for 2 weeks was Doomsday to meet Bart Starr.
We had not faced an offense like the Cowboys before. 77,000 fans on the road. Cowboys block an extra point and are 2 yards away from sending it to OT. But the power of Lombardi transcended to the goal line defense and we stopped them.

4) ICE BOWL

After that it is hard to discern from the games from 1993- 2010. There are about 7 that hit me including the big upset in Frisco in 1995, the Holmgren homecoming.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with you milani:

#1 is the 1962 championship game - hands down
#2 1966 Ice Bowl - a very good game as well
#3 2007 win over Seahawks - snow game; 2 fumbles by Grant and we're 14 points behind after 5 minutes; Favre in classic form, winging the ball underhanded, throwing snowballs; a classic game
#4 1995 win over SF - I'll still never forget the hit that Wayne Simmons put on to force the fumble for touchdown
#5 1996 Super Bowl - it had been so decades of losing; the Cowboys had stopped us 3 straight years in the playoffs; it was a sweet victory and the first Super Bowl in many years that wasn't a blowout

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I gotta make something to ligten to mood around here. And the Heartbreaking Loss is still trendy on here. So I gotta combat that.

What is your favorite Packer Playoff History.

Mine would be the 2010-2011 NFC Title game in Chicago. That game was just amazing all around. To go to the super bowl in Chicago and get The George Hallas Trophy in Solder Field is great.

I think for me it was the 2007 Seahawks win, I don't know why but I just loved the way we played that game and put up points it was very entertaining.
Also I really enjoys the 2010 Eagles victory because that game was very close and kept me on my toe's and it was really anyone's game and it came down to one mistake made by the Eagles.
Some just great playoffs win's!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I don't know that it's the BEST ... but I'll go with my FAVORITE Packers playoff win. For a little background, the 49'ers have always been my 2nd favorite NFL franchise -- going back to the late 60's and early 70's...John Brodie to Gene Washington ... blah blah blah. We all needed a playoff team to root for since the Packers weren't going to be making an appearance - mine were the 9'ers.

My favorite was the '95 win over the defending SB Champion 9'ers. To my way of thinking, THAT is when the Wolf/Holmgren/Favre/White teams broke the surface and became an elite team. As god is my witness if the Pack hadn't choked up in the second half of that NFC Championship game v. the Cowbags ... the Pack would have pulled up their first post-Lombardi championship a year earlier than they did.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Bears defeat in 2011, second of 4 that year, the sweetest thing. Really should put the Halas trophy next to the Lombardi for that game and think it was the second best win that season.

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ice Bowl--For reasons already stated above. It is difficult to overstate the historical importance of that game. Period.
1993 NFC Wild Card Playoff--Last minute win in a game that once again ushered in a new era of success for the franchise.
1995 NFC Divisional Playoff--Again, for reasons stated by others. Also note that this was the only road victory by an NFC team in the Divisional Playoffs from 1990-1999.
2010 NFC Championship--Halas Trophy on the Bears' home turf? What's not to like?

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say 2010 Divisional game against Atlanta. Aaron Rodgers played the best quarterbacking I'd EVER seen in that game. It was truly incredible.

Also the "We want the ball and we're gonna score" game with Al Harris vs. the Seahawks was pretty nice.

Members online

Latest posts