Best Packer play of the 2006 season

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, what do you think was the best play of the year for the Packers in 2006? Most important, most exciting, whatever. You can name as many as you want.

My pick is Favre to Jennings in Detroit for Favre's 400th TD. It was classic Favre, hitting his receiver perfectly on a short route, and then Jennings made a great move to the outside and picked up a block from Donald Driver. It might have been my favorite play even if it wasn't historically significant.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald Driver. End of discussion.

play not player

I got a couple in my mind. The Driver slant against the Vikings. The Ahman Green run against the Dolphins. The Greg Jennings catch and then pitch to Driver against the Vikings. Tough call.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got a couple in my mind. The Driver slant against the Vikings. The Ahman Green run against the Dolphins. The Greg Jennings catch and then pitch to Driver against the Vikings. Tough call.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that Driver play at Minnesota, just before halftime, where Sharper got burned. Good choice!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Man.... It is not even close.

Brett drops back..... is in the pocket, moves out of the pocket.... goes left , then right. Steps back into the pocket pauses.......... and announces he will be back next year.

I can not wait to see him step on the field again.

I think he is on a mission.

Raider Pride

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Brett drops back..... is in the pocket, moves out of the pocket.... goes left , then right. Steps back into the pocket pauses.......... and announces he will be back next year.

Raider Pride

He gave information to Ted about playing in 2007 this year, which is 2007.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a poll taken at the Packers Official webite some time ago.

As I recall

1st was Driver's long TD catch at the Metrodome.
2nd was either Jennings long TD or Driver's long TD against the 49'ers. The other was third.
4th was Green's 72 yard TD against Miami.
I forget the 5th highest in the poll.

There are several to choose from.

On the flip side for the worst, most are Manuel being out of position, but several came from the TE position. David Martin dropping passes at goal line and in the endzone. Bubba Franks fumble on the goal line.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 8 yard slant that Drive turned into a 70 plus yard TD vs. the Queens (where he ran right by Darren Sharper) was my favourite. Also really liked Favre's Lambeau Leap (not really a play - but still a great moment).

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about the Driver catch versus the Dolphins? The one for a TD. It was challenged and overturned for a TD I believe. That was a heck of a catch.

Zero (if you want) should put together a Donald Driver 2006 highlight video because thinking back on it, this guy was our best player hands down this year.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero (if you want) should put together a Donald Driver 2006 highlight video because thinking back on it, this guy was our best player hands down this year.

Jesus, sometimes I think you guys peak into my brain. I was debating on doing that for a few players last night. I was going through my master drive and found 10 games of raw files. I was gonna make a film of Driver, Woodson and Hawk. I doubt I will though. I graduate college in September so I'm focusing more on getting a job in the IT field and closing out strong.

I will be making one of five players during the off season AFTER the 2007 season.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That LONG Touchdown pass from Grossman to Dendy in the final regular season game vs the Bears. That was all time greatest play. Grossman was a true hero for the Packers and the MVP of the game for the Packers.

Dendy was WIDE open, Grossman threw the perfect pass.

sorry Phil, Bears fans, I couldn't resist...

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Raider Pride

Z2C,

I reckon you are right.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Raider Pride said:

Raider Pride

Z2C,

I reckon you are right.

It's cool, cool. You have the right to make another or keep that one :)

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Okay, what do you think was the best play of the year for the Packers in 2006? Most important, most exciting, whatever. You can name as many as you want.

My pick is Favre to Jennings in Detroit for Favre's 400th TD. It was classic Favre, hitting his receiver perfectly on a short route, and then Jennings made a great move to the outside and picked up a block from Donald Driver. It might have been my favorite play even if it wasn't historically significant.

Right on! That play was historically significant.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The block Driver had was key in that Jennings TD vs Lions.

That's what made it a good play. A nice pass, a nice catch, a nice block and a nice run.

Members online

Latest posts