Best Guess

PackerGeek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay so I got to thinking last night.. Since TT likes to keep his players whenever possible Do you think that Aaaron Rogers gets a long term extension this year or do we wait til next. He will likely have a chunk of change left at the end of the year in salary cap space to either use or lose. I beleive if he signs them before the end of the season he could allocate some of the guareanteed money against the current cap. I couldn't think of any other candidates for an extension.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we do whatever it takes to keep Rodgers in GB. I'll even throw in a few bucks and let him stay at my house during the offseason!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Normally I'd say no, he wont stay, cuz backups rarely do, but this is probably Favre's last go, and I don't think TT\Mm spent time and money on Rodgers to see him flourish on another team.

He'll stay, I dont know how or how much, but he'll stay.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's an unusual situation: drafting a player in the first round who has to wait years before starting. I can't think of it ever happening before. My guess is that the Packers will offer an extension, but Rodgers won't accept it--unless, of course, Favre retires.

In the long run, the best thing for Rodgers careerwise is to get into a situation where he can play as soon as possible, so he can get a chance to make a name for himself and make a lot of money.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Corey Williams' contract is up this year as is Colin Cole's. I expect a chunk of the cap will be used there. We must keep the DL on a solid footing for sure. Then again, one of them could be used in a trade, although there are very few 1st line players that will be available to us.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when is Rodgers contract up?

He is signed thru 2009. I don't think he gets an extention after this year. after 2008 probably.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If I was Rodgers, I don't know if I'd want to re-sign unless I felt strongly Brett was going to retire. The kid knows he has the tools now and that has to be hard as **** to sit on the bench.

Members online

Latest posts