1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Best defensive player in the NFC North

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Jun 27, 2016.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    this question came up on a recent podcast, but who do you guys see as the best defensive player in the NFC north?

2. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +504
    i'd take anthony barr personally

3. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +670
    Wow, shows how much attention I pay to other teams. Nominated for top D guy in the division, and I've never heard of him. :)

4. ChesterfieldCheesehead

ChesterfieldCheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    I think Barr is a great player I'm interested if he can keep up the success. Not being buyist but I think CMIII has to be in there being how versitile he has shown to be so I would say Clay but I think one of the best has to be Ansah from Detroit as well

5. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    I hate coming up with the #1, as in what is your favorite movie, favorite Zeppelin song, etc. I'll give a short list:

Barr is on the list along with teammate Harrison Smith, Clay Matthews, Ezekiel Ansah, and DeAndre Levy.

I struggled to think of anyone that would make my top 5 from the Bears.

6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,630
    As most of the other players I would consider for the best defensive player in the NFC North have already been mentioned I go with Linval Joseph who doesn't rack up impressive stats but is unmovable defending the run.

Honorable mention to Mike Daniels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +331
    Another vote for the big guy Joseph.

I think Mike Daniels and Clay are the two from our team that would garner discussion....we could have more in future years worthy of discussion...

8. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +525
    Favorite movie.. Blow and I don't know how close it is. Favorite/#1 Zeppelin song yeah that's damn near impossible. When I was younger and didn't know what good music was it was Stairway to Heaven because that's the song you associate to them but when you listen to it all there's too many to rank just 1. Sorry got off topic there a little but I had to answer.

9. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +736
    Anthony Barr and Harrison Smith would be tied for me. Mike Daniels third, slightly ahead of Joseph.