Best and Worst PFF Grades from AN UGLY game against Browns in Week 16

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, I'm happy I couldn't sit and watch the game live because my family would not have appreciated my presence. Just an UGLY game on offense and the defense continues to struggle and trend downward - albeit with crucial turnovers. Anyways here's the lists:

Best 5 Offense:
1. WR Davante Adams, 85.6
2. QB Aaron Rodgers, 84.7
3. RB Aaron Jones, 84.1
4. LG Jon Runyan, 76.6
5. RG Royce Newman, 73.2

Newman cracking the top 5 again is a great sign folks, after a rough growing season for him in many ways - I think we are seeing a much more comfortable and with that capable RG in him (three straight high or over 70.0 games). It's Rodgers three big time throws that pull this up and no turnovers...his style is tough to grade poorly, but I don't think I'm the only one that feel he struggled this game. Adams did what Adams does - HOWEVER, two drops to him make me wonder if folks are going to blame MVS for those though?

Worst 5 Offense:
1. WR Equanimeous St. Brown, 52.4
2. TE Tyler Davis, 52.5
3. TE Josiah Deguara, 54.8
4. TE Marcedes Lewis, 59.9
5. C Lucas Patrick, 62.9

The crazy thing is in the world of PFF grades, if you told me these scores would be our worst - I would expect the team to have moved and played better than they did. Fact is the TEs across the board struggled each at times throughout the game and this system needs solid TE play to succeed IMO. Patrick couldn't move or set anything in the run game for us...an aspect I think Myers shines much greater and is missed in the middle for.

Best 5 Defense:
1. OLB Rashan Gary, 82.0
2. DL Dean Lowry, 71.8
3. DL Kenny Clark, 70.1
4. LB De’Vondre Campbell, 64.7
5. S Adrian Amos, 64.4

In a rather dark day for GB, Gary was a beast overall...and thankfully so. No one else truly IMO played solid enough the whole game to feel great about their day, but the likes of Lowry and Clark and Campbell all had their big play moments....if PFF grades didn't take run defending into account, all of these grades would be over 90.0 for sure....

Worst 5 Defense:
1. LB Krys Barnes, 30.1
2. OLB Tipa Galeai, 33.8
3. DL Tyler Lancaster, 47.6
4. DL TJ Slaton 51.4
5. S Henry Black, 52.7

Sorry but Tipa IMO is graded too low...but he did strongly struggle where is expected given his frame: run defense - BUT THE WHOLE TEAM DID. Either way, Barnes uncharacteristically bad in coverage and Lancaster continues to hate being an average guy and either is autrocious or great...

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most sorry to see Lewis on list. Was liking his increased role over the last few games. But in a bad offensive game, there will be a few on there who normally shouldn't be.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if that rushing the QB stat is worth less than imagined. There are a lot of timing throws. I saw Mayfield hit wide open receivers when he was probably considered rushed because someone was close to him. Hell, maybe they call it rushed when a QB has to tuck the ball and then run outside for a 1st down.

Members online

Latest posts