Best and Worst PFF from Bears Game

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As always just sharing the top and worst five from both sides of the ball (10 snap minimum).

Best Offense:
Elgton Jenkins 83.5
AJ Dillon 74.7
Christian Watson 73.7
Allen Lazard 72.2
Aaron Jones 71.7

Best Defense
Keisean Nixon 83.5
Rasul Douglas 79
Jaire Alexander 76.5
Preston Smith 65.5
Quay Walker 63.7

Worst Offense
Randall Cobb 47.6
Robert Tonyan 48.4
Josh Myers 53.1
Samori Toure 53.7
Josiah Deguara 54.3

Worst Defense
Kingsley Enagbare 36.2
Jarran Reed 44.0
Rudy Ford 48.8
DeVondre Campbell 53.2
Janathan Garvin 54.9

Of note Toure (12) and Deguara (10) barely had enough snaps to make the list of the guys that saw majority of snaps Aaron Rodgers actually would have made the bottom five at 62.4

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Worst Offense
Robert Tonyan 48.4
Josiah Deguara 54.3

Again, TEs making the worst list. There is just nothing in this group. It needs to be addressed in the offseason. None of those guys are bringing anything to the table.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Devonte Wyatt scored 87.7, in 9 snaps. They need to get him more playing time. Take snaps from Lowry and Reed.

I know many of us have pondered why he isn't getting more snaps, at this point this deep into the year I personally have no doubt it is because he isn't better or ready for more. He's dabbled in the 17-22% percent of defensive snaps a couple times but IF he was clearly the better option they wouldn't hesitate to play him.

If I had to guess it is assignments and diagnosing he isn't illustrating well at.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Devonte Wyatt scored 87.7, in 9 snaps. They need to get him more playing time. Take snaps from Lowry and Reed.
Further discussion on this. Now this is of course just PFF grades, weight it how you want but this year he has had these scores and I put the snap counts beside them:

54.2 - 12
43.8 - 4
85.9 - 7
49.7 - 5
61.7 - 7
74.9 - 12
69.6 - 10
60.2 - 10
54.0 - 14
67.8 - 15
36.8 - 20
87.7 - 9

OVERALL season grade is 63.0 with his run defense at 60.0 his tackling grade at 55.1 and his pass rush at 71.8

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Further discussion on this. Now this is of course just PFF grades, weight it how you want but this year he has had these scores and I put the snap counts beside them:

54.2 - 12
43.8 - 4
85.9 - 7
49.7 - 5
61.7 - 7
74.9 - 12
69.6 - 10
60.2 - 10
54.0 - 14
67.8 - 15
36.8 - 20
87.7 - 9

OVERALL season grade is 63.0 with his run defense at 60.0 his tackling grade at 55.1 and his pass rush at 71.8
He's been up and down, but so have Lowry and Reed. I would like to see him get 30+ snaps in a game. Same goes for Slaton. Lowry and Reed are not the future.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's been up and down, but so have Lowry and Reed. I would like to see him get 30+ snaps in a game. Same goes for Slaton. Lowry and Reed are not the future.

I agree on Lowry I'm not so sure on Reed. Honestly neither are commanders of big money and would be excellent DL3 type guys for the right price if it works out that way and Slaton or Wyatt or perhaps someone not on roster now could be the clear second best.

D

Deleted member 6794

Best Defense
Keisean Nixon 83.5
Rasul Douglas 79
Jaire Alexander 76.5
Preston Smith 65.5
Quay Walker 63.7

I definitely don't agree with Alexander being one of the best players on defense against the Bears. Aside of his interception he was targeted five times and allowed as many receptions for 121 yards.

Especially considering he was mainly covering scrubs (according to his own quotes about EQ).

I agree on Lowry I'm not so sure on Reed. Honestly neither are commanders of big money and would be excellent DL3 type guys for the right price if it works out that way and Slaton or Wyatt or perhaps someone not on roster now could be the clear second best.

Lowry was actually paid some decent money on his current deal.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely don't agree with Alexander being one of the best players on defense against the Bears. Aside of his interception he was targeted five times and allowed as many receptions for 121 yards.

Especially considering he was mainly covering scrubs (according to his own quotes about EQ).

Lowry was actually paid some decent money on his current deal.
I was meaning neither will command big money after this year - Lowry was overpaid and that contract in hindsight was not great at all.

Agree on Alexander - was shocked when I saw him here. Obviously the INT overinflated his grading I sense.

D

Deleted member 6794

I was meaning neither will command big money after this year - Lowry was overpaid and that contract in hindsight was not great at all.

Gotcha, I guess you're right that Lowry won't get offered a similar contract like the previous one this time around.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they bring back guys like Lowry and Crosby among others, that will say to me that this team is not serious about winning.

Reaction score

54.2 - 12
43.8 - 4
85.9 - 7
49.7 - 5
61.7 - 7
74.9 - 12
69.6 - 10
60.2 - 10
54.0 - 14
67.8 - 15
36.8 - 20
87.7 - 9

I noticed that.
Although watching how JB runs consistently “light sets” against heavy O Fronts (12 Personnel etc)?? I’m amazed anyone excels in this Defense.

Do the math for yourself. On the next few contests. Freeze the frame just before an opponent snaps the ball. It’s rare we ever have MORE than 7 in box play. We regularly use 6 in the box.

If you played a basketball game and I had 6 players, but you had 8? We both have skilled players..
How long would it take you to abuse our team? It’s simple math. IF I see it I’m pretty sure every OC this side of Egypt does.

During the Bears contest Wyatt came into a play where we rushed 3 (him included). He got knocked in his can and guess what the Bears did to us rushing 3? Got a deep one past Alexander.

Btw. How can Alexander be all alone deep when we rush 3???? Where were the other 7 Defenders? How do we get burned deep 1 on 1 when you’ve dropped 8?? Who is the Deep Safety here?? Who’s that Safety all alone At the Chicago 50 while a WR is at our 35 running full tilt?? How does that even happen?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

54.2 - 12
43.8 - 4
85.9 - 7
49.7 - 5
61.7 - 7
74.9 - 12
69.6 - 10
60.2 - 10
54.0 - 14
67.8 - 15
36.8 - 20
87.7 - 9

at least he's consistent.:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 6794

Btw. How can Alexander be all alone deep when we rush 3???? Where were the other 7 Defenders? How do we get burned deep 1 on 1 when you’ve dropped 8?? Who is the Deep Safety here?? Who’s that Safety all alone At the Chicago 50 while a WR is at our 35 running full tilt?? How does that even happen?

I'm absolutely fine with Alexander being in single coverage, especially considering he was lined up against scrubs like EQ and Neal.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the point of having the highest paid cornerback in the league if you don't trust him to cover opposing receivers 1-on-1??? Especially considering both EQ and Neal are scrubs.
Well, he is a heckuva player and he sure pulled through for us in that game. He should be able to shut those receivers down though. So I don't see anything wrong with that strategy. I love his quickness like on the interception and the way he always seems to get his head turned around to look for the ball and not get a PI call.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, he is a heckuva player and he sure pulled through for us in that game. He should be able to shut those receivers down though. So I don't see anything wrong with that strategy. I love his quickness like on the interception and the way he always seems to get his head turned around to look for the ball and not get a PI call.

Just to clarify, I'm definitely on board with having Alexander cover opposing receivers 1-on-1. It seems @OldSchool101 believes the Packers should provide him with safety help against players like EQ and Neal though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sign guys like Jaire to big money so you have the option of shutting down a side of the field with 1 guy. All the greats are used that way. HE can be used that way. He just didn't play that way that day. Is a little too sure of himself and gets sloppy sometimes. Zero reason he can't be trusted to shut guys down like that. He should be able to do it all game long.

Reaction score
Just to clarify, I'm definitely on board with having Alexander cover opposing receivers 1-on-1. It seems @OldSchool101 believes the Packers should provide him with safety help against players like EQ and Neal though.
Maybe a little misinterpretation there @captainWIMM
I never want us to run an empty shell. 0 Safeties playing deep and still only have a 3 Man rush. You left that last part out and that was as much a key point as anything. Meaning if we’re going to show that look (Zero Safeties help deep)
I expect at minimum a 4 man Rush if we have no typical Safety. Does that make more sense?

I like how we used to use Woodson and others like Collins in Blitz packages more. Instead we let our opponent dictate everything. It’s a derivative of Dom Capers. No thanks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe a little misinterpretation there @captainWIMM
I never want us to run an empty shell. 0 Safeties playing deep and still only have a 3 Man rush. You left that last part out and that was as much a key point as anything. Meaning if we’re going to show that look (Zero Safeties help deep)
I expect at minimum a 4 man Rush if we have no typical Safety. Does that make more sense?

First of all the Packers rushed four on the completion to EQ. Most importantly I don't have any issue with the coaching staff having Alexander cover opposing receivers 1-on-1 no matter how many pass rushers they send after the quarterback. On both of those plays they provided safety help for the other cornerbacks on the field, so I'm fine with that as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts