Benson out for Houston

Reaction score
just heard on monday night football that benson is out for 8 weeks and possibly all season

wow. this just gets worse every day

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers finally get a running back that does something and he gets hurt. This season is just full of disappointments. I hope he has a quick recovery! If we make the playoffs we're gonna need him

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Sucks.

I also heard Brian Cushing might have a torn ACL but nobody knows for sure yet. I think he is likely out at this point next weekend.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy was so excited to get Benson because BENSON HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY DURABLE, and our RBs ALWAYS GO DOWN LIKE FLIES.

Now this happens again for us. Un____ingBelievable. Always bad luck with our RBs even though they don't carry the ball 25 times a game like other teams.

Cushing ACL... that was a very very cheap shot on him. How is that not a personal foul penalty, an ejection, fine & suspension? Diving into players knees like that I can't stand.

We might catch a small break with him being out when we face them, but they're still loaded on D led by Badger JJ Watt.

The Purple Grape Ape Vikings are gonna catch a far far bigger, typically lucky break this week when they just happen to play Washington the week that RG3 gets a concussion, so he'll probably have to be held out. I cannot believe the luck the Vikings continue to enjoy....

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget Starks, I want to see Alex Green.

Benson will probably hit the IR and make room for someone coming back....Starks....

I thought Alex Green played OK, they need to use him more like a poor man's Sproles and throw him the ball a bit and try to shake things up. I am not confident he can be a north south runner in this league. Not from what I have seen. He gets stuffed too often. What I did like is his vision, he saw the holes on that big run of his and took off to the races. Gotta love that. Last time I remember a Packer running back doing that was I believe a 99 yard TD run from Ahman against Denver way back when. I have hope for Green. Let's see.

As for NS running, I think they should give Saine a few more reps. From what I've heard he is Mr. Consistent. Let's see what he can do and maybe get a change of pace going with Saine-Green.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time for Starks to step up not Green. Starks has a chnace to once again become the man in the backfield. If he doesn't get it done this year he needsto be gone because the oppertunity has been handed to him once again.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy was so excited to get Benson because BENSON HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY DURABLE, and our RBs ALWAYS GO DOWN LIKE FLIES.

Now this happens again for us. Un____ingBelievable. Always bad luck with our RBs even though they don't carry the ball 25 times a game like other teams.

Cushing ACL... that was a very very cheap shot on him. How is that not a personal foul penalty, an ejection, fine & suspension? Diving into players knees like that I can't stand.

We might catch a small break with him being out when we face them, but they're still loaded on D led by Badger JJ Watt.

The Purple Grape Ape Vikings are gonna catch a far far bigger, typically lucky break this week when they just happen to play Washington the week that RG3 gets a concussion, so he'll probably have to be held out. I cannot believe the luck the Vikings continue to enjoy....

I think Robert Griffin will be back next week. He will pass his concussion tests this week and destroy the Vikes. Mike Shannahan says he is looking good, with no symptoms so far.

Even if he isn't back, that Kirk Cousins guy doesn't look too bad. He might be able to toss a tomahawk between the Vikings eyes.

PackersandPokemon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a big loss, obviously. He's been consistent, and when we've split play-calling, it helps both the rush and the pass. It seemed like once Benson went out, the other team rushed Aaron more, and that's when he got hurried and sacked.

That being said, I think if Starks had something to show us, he would've done it last year. Green looked promising Sunday, and he showed some potential last year before his injury. I'd rather see Green split carries with Saine, with an increased role for Kuhn. Green has finesse, Saine seemed consistent in the preseason, and Kuhn has power.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a big loss, obviously. He's been consistent, and when we've split play-calling, it helps both the rush and the pass. It seemed like once Benson went out, the other team rushed Aaron more, and that's when he got hurried and sacked.

That being said, I think if Starks had something to show us, he would've done it last year. Green looked promising Sunday, and he showed some potential last year before his injury. I'd rather see Green split carries with Saine, with an increased role for Kuhn. Green has finesse, Saine seemed consistent in the preseason, and Kuhn has power.

The last time we went running back by committee we won the SB so..........

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see different running backs get a shot at running the ball besides just one the whole game. Give the other guys a shot.

drs23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sucks for you guys, good for us.....we are gunna need all the help we can get against you guys.
I think we should send JJ Watt a basket of tainted moldy cheese to eat before the game, we might have a shot then.
You can send it but he'd probably Swatt it back to ya. ;)

Members online

Latest posts