BENGALS POLLACK DONE?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
POLLACK DONE?

The Bengals' much-heralded 2005 rookie linebacker duo from Georgia will, by all appearances, never take the field again in Cincinnati.

Odell Thurman, the team's second-round pick, has been banished from the NFL, and is eligible to seek reinstatement next year. To qualify, he'll have to successfully avoid the same demons that have put him out of the game. Even if he does, there's no guarantee that coach Marvin Lewis will want him back.

And now David Pollack, the first-round selection, looks to be finished, due to injury. The C-6 vertebra that he fractured in Week Two has not healed, which means that surgery will be required. And Pollack previously has acknowledged that surgery to repair the fracture likely will mean the end of his football career.

"It's a very real possibility that I won't play again," Pollack said last month. "At the end of it, if the doctor says I'm five percent more likely to get injured again, there's a zero percent chance I'll ever play again. That's a fact."

Pollack was a beast with the Bulldogs before becoming the 17th overall pick in last year's draft. A holdout and injuries limited him as a rookie, but he showed flashes of promise. He suffered a leg injury in the offseason (apparently while playing pickup basketball), and a hamstring injury kept him out of the first game of the 2006 regular season. He suffered the neck injury the next week.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts